Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...

Re: Patch 3.3 PTR Notes Update - 10/23

[list]Patch 3.3 PTR Notes Update - 10/23
    Originally Posted by Dresorull (Blue Tracker)

• Knockbacks no longer dismount players. If on a flying mount, you will be knocked back a short distance before being able to resume flying.

What exactly is the complaint about having the dismount with the knockback?

I don't like being polymorphed or hexed off of my mount. Can we also stop those from dismounting players while we are at it?

The knockback isn't just used to knock people out of the air. When being pursued by someone on a mount (flying or not), it helps to be able to dismount them with it while putting them in combat so it takes abit for them to get mounted again. This allows me to get range so I have time to heal, mount, or cast from range.

Without the dismount, they are right back on top of me immediately.

Now, that being said . . . I do knock people out of the air all of time. I get in knockback wars with druids, mages, and other shamans. I even dropped herbalism to take up engineering to tinker my cloak with a parachute. It's fun, it's entertaining, BUT it only works against stupid players, or maybe a few good players who make a stupid mistake.

Half of the classes can counter it anyway. 2 different bubbles, slowfall, iceblock, blink, pounce, charge/intercept, safefall, levitate, parachute, feline grace, instant cast flight form, summoning circle etc.

So, with all of that, what is the complaint with the dismount? You can't go afk while in the air in plain sight of a class with a knockback? OH NO, QQ more!

Also, remember that the person casting the knockback falls too. I happen to have a parachute (which stops me from getting a normal enchant) because I put in the time to level engineering.

I very rarely kill a decent player with my knockback. I sometimes can kill crappy players with it. No class is completely screwed by having the dismount on the knockbacks. What is the real complaint?

It didn't make sense that you get dismounted by that - if you're really afk and I want to kill you while you are on your mount I can easily do that in 2 to 3 flybys anyway but it's unfair to all classes who in fact can't do shit if they're dismounted in the air - not only are they dead but they will also have 10% durability loss - something you won't have from being killed by my flyby...

Quote Originally Posted by Xiangu
    It didn't make sense that you get dismounted by that
    A) many things in this game don't make sense

B) jousting (irl): you charge each other, you kock the other person off their mount with a forceful blow from your lance.

Now, What doesn't make sense again? Do you mean "irl" sense? or "wow" sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiangu
    it's unfair to all classes who in fact can't do shit if they're dismounted in the air
    So . . .Pallies can't bubble, rogues don't have safefall, druids don't have feline grace & instant flight form, mages don't have ice block & slowfall & blink, priests don't have levitate, hunters don't have disengage, and engineers don't have parachutes?

I guess I was just dreaming when I saw those things in WoW.

What about the classes who don't have the ability to "easily" kill people in "2-3 flybys"? Isn't unfair to them in the exact opposite way? Only mages and priests have the "easy" way to kill people afk in midair.

They could make a change to where the 10% durability doesn't apply if the kill will give another player an HK.

They could do so much more to prevent the dura loss other then stopping the dismount.

It's not a spell that's solely used to dismount players in the air (imo, don't go afk in the air), it's a legitimate part of a very useful spell.

Mages sheep players to dismount them so they can kill them. Same concept.

I'm still waiting on a valid complaint about the dismount.

Quote Originally Posted by mrshaver
    A) many things in this game don't make sense

B) jousting (irl): you charge each other, you kock the other person off their mount with a forceful blow from your lance.

Now, What doesn't make sense again? Do you mean "irl" sense? or "wow" sense?

So . . .Pallies can't bubble, rogues don't have safefall, druids don't have feline grace & instant flight form, mages don't have ice block & slowfall & blink, priests don't have levitate, hunters don't have disengage, and engineers don't have parachutes?

I guess I was just dreaming when I saw those things in WoW.

What about the classes who don't have the ability to "easily" kill people in "2-3 flybys"? Isn't unfair to them in the exact opposite way? Only mages and priests have the "easy" way to kill people afk in midair.

They could make a change to where the 10% durability doesn't apply if the kill will give another player an HK.

They could do so much more to prevent the dura loss other then stopping the dismount.

It's not a spell that's solely used to dismount players in the air (imo, don't go afk in the air), it's a legitimate part of a very useful spell.

Mages sheep players to dismount them so they can kill them. Same concept.

I'm still waiting on a valid complaint about the dismount.
    You can't sheep a flying player. You also missed Warriors Warlocks Shamans and Death Knights. Is it fair that those 4 classes just have to deal with an die, having no recourse to fight back and having no chance to survive. Thats what happens with those classes, someone knock you off and you just have to sit the and die no choice involved. Don't even say warlock teleport. That means they were prepared for the fight and its complete different case. Warrior charge/intercept is hardly reliable. Hell even rogues can die if its high enough and a druid in combat will have the same issue. That leaves only mages priests paladins and hunters (lol) that can prevent it.

Quote Originally Posted by FoF
    You can't sheep a flying player.
    My comparison to sheep was in reference to any mount on the ground. Like I said, the knockback isn't just a midair knockback/dismount. It IS used on the ground to dismount people for both offensive and defensive reasons.

Don't even say warlock teleport.
    Demonic Circle: Teleport (0.5 second cast) - All you can present an argument for is if the knockback happens high enough in the air to kill them AND the person doing the knockback will also die (unless they're a mage).

You also missed Warriors
    Charge, Intercept - All you can present an argument for is if the knockback happens high enough in the air to kill them AND the person doing the knockback will also die (unless they're a mage).

Hell even rogues can die if its high enough
    Shadowstep, Killing Spree, Safefall - All you can present an argument for is if the knockback happens high enough in the air to kill them AND the person doing the knockback will also die (unless they're a mage).

Shamans and Death Knights.
    2 classes that have no defense to the knockback/dismount. And it only matters if they are high enough off of the ground to die AND the person doing the knockback will also die (unless they're a mage). And even then, they have to be afk or not mpaying attention, or make a stupid mistake.

Is it fair that those 4 classes just have to deal with an die, having no recourse to fight back and having no chance to survive. Thats what happens with those classes, someone knock you off and you just have to sit the and die no choice involved.
    All you can present an argument for is if the knockback happens high enough in the air to kill them AND the person doing the knockback will also die (unless they're a mage). And it's only 4 in this instance because you are specifically referring to 1 scenario that this knockback is used for. AFK dismounting where 2 of the 3 classes that can do it, will die also.

That means they were prepared for the fight and its complete different case.
    Can you at least try to understand that this IS used for things other than dismounting people in midair? All you can present an argument for is if the knockback happens high enough in the air to kill them AND the person doing the knockback will also die (unless they're a mage).

That leaves only mages priests paladins and hunters (lol) that can prevent it.
    Again, can you at least try to understand that this is used for things other than dismounting people in midair? All you can present an argument for is if the knockback happens high enough in the air to kill them AND the person doing the knockback will also die (unless they're a mage).

AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN . . . the knockbacks are used in more than instance. Including fighting any class ON THE GROUND.

I know some of the skills/spells/talents I mentioned won't help if your way up in the air, BUT as you stated SHAMANS and DRUIDS can't stop from falling either and would die in the fall along with the person they dismounted. So only MAGES can reliably dismount people in midair and survive.

In conclusion, we're taking away the dismount because 1 class in the game can safely and reliably dismount and kill 2 other classes in the game.

And remember kids . . . we don't stick tweezers in the electrical outlet (don't attack a class with knockback if they are waiting on you on top of a tower). BE SMARTER, BE BETTER, DON'T TAKE THIS AWAY BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE QQ ABOUT BEING DUMB AGAINST KNOCKBACKS.

Taking away the dismount in all situations is not the right response to people crying about dying once or twice a week to a lucky hit while they were afk over wintergrasp fortress while it is owned by the opposing faction. Work around the durability loss if that's the problem, but don't take away the dismount.

• Patch 3.3 PTR Notes Update - 10/23
      Originally Posted by Dresorull (Blue Tracker)

• Knockbacks no longer dismount players. If on a flying mount, you will be knocked back a short distance before being able to resume flying.

What exactly is the complaint about having the dismount with the knockback?

I don't like being polymorphed or hexed off of my mount. Can we also stop those from dismounting players while we are at it?
    • You can't Polymorph someone off a flying mount. I've tried it. Players on a flying mount, I believe, are 'immune'. As a mage it's my dream to drop down above someone on a flying mount, POM Polymorph them and then slowfall myself to safety. Alas, my dream, like yours, is not possible.

Large quote
    And the issue was knocking people off midair and causing them to die without recourse. As I pointed out Paladins mages and priests can reliably survive a fall at any height. Druids if are high enough to kill someone are high enough to break combat and flight form. So I will concede the point on druids. So mages and druids could reliably kill Dks Warriors (you can't count on being able to charge something) Warlocks (You can't count on demonic circle), Rogues (You can't count on safefall at those heights) and Shamans.

knocking people off midair
    Why can't anyone see that the dismount IS ALSO USED ON THE GROUND? Do you not understand this?

As far as the dying from the fall . . . get over it. You die all of the time, why are you crying so much about it this time?

If it is the durability damage, change that instead. If someone is dismounted by a knockback and will die from fall damage, take away the 10% dura loss. Simple fix without taking away part of the fun in the spells.

If you take away the dismount from Thunderstorm, Typhoon, and Blast Wave then go ahead and take away the dismount from Polymorph and Hex. They are all used to dismount people while on the ground.