Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

I finally gemmed to ArP soft cap+Grim Troll *Fury*

After much speculation and theorycrafting, number crunching and testing on the PTR, I finally decided to gem on Live, full on ArP up to 55.45% *with Grim Toll Proc, that's 99.17%*.
    I gotta say, what a huge DPS increase. I noticed right away my whites were hitting a lot harder *I was previously at 40%, gemming full str*, and my specials too.
    Gotta say, for anyone who has doubt, or is skeptical about it, if you can reach 99% or 100% with a grim toll proc, it's going to be spectacular. I noticed about a 300+ increase, depending on the fight. On Anub 25, which is a lot of WW, I finished off at 8.9k, and Twin Valks, I finished off at 12.2k *cleave method, tanking close together*.
    Lotta sweating balls, but it turned out to be the right choice.
    Armory link can be found here
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Aggronautt

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Re: I finally gemmed to ArP soft cap+Grim Troll *Fury*

yep - found the same

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

rly great gear but..is it that hard to get SoH shoulder enchant?:P no offense,, ill never even get close to that gear but just something that i noticed

Ive always wondered if I should do the same with my rogue.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman
    rly great gear but..is it that hard to get SoH shoulder enchant?:P no offense,, ill never even get close to that gear but just something that i noticed
    anyone who doesn't spend the couple of hours it takes to get exalted with sons of hodir for their best shoulder enchants is just stupid. 15 crit > 15 resilience any day of the week for pve.

15+ Year Old Account

A little harsh there, Raz. I don't have it because I don't do dailies. I could get it, I just don't really care.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns
    A little harsh there, Raz. I don't have it because I don't do dailies. I could get it, I just don't really care.
    The man is decked out in gear and does good DPS, I don't think 15 crit is gonna' do anything for this guy. It doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master_Guns
    This is a fucking berserker warrior. It's furious. Not stabbing shit here, sorry. We're chopping bitches heads off.
    Rushing headlong into hell for you, one painful step at a time.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dexxy
    The man is decked out in gear and does good DPS, I don't think 15 crit is gonna' do anything for this guy. It doesn't matter.
    Well, it'd do something, 15 crit rating is something like .36%, which isn't bad. But, this isn't about my shoulder enchant.
    This is about gemming ArP as fury.

15+ Year Old Account

I was running always as hard capped with grim toll.When it procs on raids i see crazy hits going on and as u said ArP when hard capped with or without a trinket its a huge dps increase.

Well, it'd do something, 15 crit rating is something like .36%, which isn't bad. But, this isn't about my shoulder enchant.
    This is about gemming ArP as fury.
    actually this post is about min maxing, to do it properly get the sons rep, not like it is even hard.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto
    actually this post is about min maxing, to do it properly get the sons rep, not like it is even hard.
    uhh, lol, I made the thread, so I'm quite sure what it's about. And it's about gemming ArP as fury. That is a part of min maxing sure, but, this is strictly dealing with ArP.

Any time you make a post about what provides better DPS you should expect to be criticized when you don't have something as simple to obtain as the SoH shoulder enchants.

I'm making a post about how to bake a cake but it has nothing to do with if my hands are clean or not.

15+ Year Old Account

Lol, wow. You guys are probably just hard core players huh. Lets see your armory links.
    FYI, I'm not a hardcore player, or a hardcore raider. I need the shoulder enchant, sure. Who cares. not what this thread is about. Anyone else have something to contribute?

200 Daily Quests Complete
    Complete 200 daily quests.
    13/09/2009

A Simple Re-Quest
    Complete a daily quest every day for five consecutive days.
    12/08/2009

k

200 Daily Quests Complete
    Complete 200 daily quests.
    13/09/2009

A Simple Re-Quest
    Complete a daily quest every day for five consecutive days.
    12/08/2009

k
    that's a bit creepy you went and looked that up.

Not like its hard, your already looking at his armory.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah..you people are weird..

Just looking at your gear, there are a couple of things you could improve (just a suggestion) putting a 10 str 10 crit gem in your helm will give you 10 crit rating for the loss of 2 str.

you are also sitting in kinda no mans land with your arp at 776 (12 shy of cap with GT), you could replace one of your 20 arp gems with str put another 10 str 10 crit in the yellow socket of your belt, use a 20 arp gem and 34 str gem in place of one of your 20 str and 34 arp gems and eat 40 arp food placing you at 784 arp, you would gain 20 crit rating and 22 str, sit yourself at just 4 under 100% arp cap with gt proc and have more overall ap.

Seems an unusual choice to gem 10 str 10 crit for the 4 agi bonus in your ranged and not gem for the 8 str bonus of your helm.

Ohh and i am weird for looking at your armoury after you posted saying 'here guys, this is my armoury, check out how cool i am'?

15+ Year Old Account

Just looking at your gear, there are a couple of things you could improve (just a suggestion) putting a 10 str 10 crit gem in your helm will give you 10 crit rating for the loss of 2 str.

you are also sitting in kinda no mans land with your arp at 776 (12 shy of cap with GT), you could replace one of your 20 arp gems with str put another 10 str 10 crit in the yellow socket of your belt, use a 20 arp gem and 34 str gem in place of one of your 20 str and 34 arp gems and eat 40 arp food placing you at 784 arp, you would gain 20 crit rating and 22 str, sit yourself at just 4 under 100% arp cap with gt proc and have more overall ap.

Seems an unusual choice to gem 10 str 10 crit for the 4 agi bonus in your ranged and not gem for the 8 str bonus of your helm.

Ohh and i am weird for looking at your armoury after you posted saying 'here guys, this is my armoury, check out how cool i am'?
    Hmm, thanks for the gem tips broseidon.
    #1, I never said "here, look at my armory and inspect all of my achivements, because it's 100% relative to the fact that this thread is about ArP
    #2, I never said I "have" the best gear, nor did I say I'm better then anyone else, including yourself.
    #3, you are completely derailing this thread from what it is about, Gemming ArP as fury.
    #4 ArP
    #5 ??
    #6 This thread is about ArP.
    And uh, for the record, I'm at 55.45% ArP passive, and 99.17% after a grim toll proc.
    Now, my math could be WAY off, but I'm pretty sure that's "kind" of close to 100%. Idk though. I'm apparently stupid.