Frost PVE Nerfed on PTR...

Thank god it didnt go live or else they would've nerfed it like 2 hours after going live. So for those of us who dont play on PTR wll never know how it worked.

Deep Freeze now deals 1469 to 1741 damage to targets permanently immune to stuns.
    "Frozen Core no longer causes your Ice Lance criticals to reduce the cast time of your next Frostbolt or Frostfire Bolt"

Re: Frost PVE Nerfed on PTR...

So instead of trying to Ice lance ghost charges of Fingers of Frost, now you just toss a Deep Freeze up there for leet burst, and go back to Frost Bolt spamming?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    So instead of trying to Ice lance ghost charges of Fingers of Frost, now you just toss a Deep Freeze up there for leet burst, and go back to Frost Bolt spamming?
    2-button rotations ftw!
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

I am confused by the deep freeze change. I hope it scales ridiculously with spellpower or we won't be using that, nor the spec in pve, ever.

Dammit, make frost viable.

I tested out deep freeze on the first boss of ramps solo. It critically hit for 20k. on a 30 second cooldown. this should be quite nice. unfortunately you cant test on dummies since they are not immune to stuns.

That's rank 1 of deep freeze in the talent tooltip. You then train more rank and gain damage.

It will hit for >10k and crit for over 20k in raids. The crits actually got buffed, so they now benefit from the ice shards talent (200%+meta). For testing, use it on Dr. Boom in Netherstorm.

It's a PTR, so take it as work in progress. So far, it's going in a very good direction.

Current (new) issues on the PTR:

- Deep freeze currently consumes two fingers of frost charges. The "immune" will consume the first charge and if there is no second charge, you don't get shatter.
    - The water elemental despawns after 5 seconds x Enduring Winter talent points, if you glyph it with eternal water (0 points works, but then you don't get replenishment).
    - The water elemental works like on live, so it will despawn on zoning or taking a taxi. It stays out when you mount up and will pull everything around it if you fly over a group of mobs. It will despawn if it can not find a path to you (just like when mobs evade).

Of course there's also a bunch of old frost issues and bugs that I really hope will get at least a bit of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiga
    - The water elemental despawns after 5 seconds x Enduring Winter talent points, if you glyph it with eternal water (0 points works, but then you don't get replenishment).e there's also a bunch of old frost issues and bugs that I really hope will get at least a bit of attention.
    Rofl, thats terrible.