New Fishing Contest Times

I have to be honest, I think its really poor that you would put the new fishing contest on Wed at 8pm when you KNOW 90% of all serious players are raiding the newly reset content. Thus the players who would be most interested in the fishing contest will never even get a shot at it... Thank you so much Blizz...

Re: New Fishing Contest Times

I'm eating at 8pm...

Quote Originally Posted by Blahtik
    Thus the players who would be most interested in the fishing contest will never even get a shot at it... Thank you so much Blizz...
    Thus the players who would be most interested in the fishing contest won't go to raid but fishing... Are you stupid?

Do you realize how early this was just released on the PTR? Ahem *PTR* This is all subject to change. If it was live then yes it would be a problem, but right now Blizz's concern is how the event works out then they'll work out the times if or if not the time is a place holder

Raiders already have a fishing daily timeslot: Early sunday morning, when no one in their right mind is raiding :P

offsetting the other fishing daily to another time which is more conventient to the people who can't make sunday mornings makes more sense then deliberately setting up the new fishing derby to cater to raiders.

Raiders should just get gear mailed to them and achieves as soon as a patch hits amirite.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

15+ Year Old Account

Just because you can raid doesn't mean you have to raid, just skip some of the wednesday raiding for the fishing contest (or atleast be abit late) since they can't force you to raid just because you are online unless you said something on application that you will raid no matter what, which I bet you didn't

I know its just on the PTR, but hopefully someone who is making the PTR content final is reading this... and seeing many posts against it will help show them that there is support for a new time.

Also, I am not sure why all the hate toward raiders...

Also, if it is made during prime time... and there is only one winner a week... can you imagine the chaos? At least with the Sunday fishing contest, you need to make the time for it... There is actually a chance to win it... So skipping 1 raid... that wouldn't cut it... During prime time... you would need to skip about 1 year of Wednesday raids... the day when all content is reset and most content is killed... i.e. gearing up... lost for a year... not worth it.

If it has to be prime time I would suggest 18:00 or 18:30... but I would actually suggest maybe another odd day/time combination like Monday from 15:00. Anyway this is just my feelings on it.

Regardless of the time i am still looking forward to a new fishing tournament. Sure it could be a little sooner but it's better than nothing.

Cylon's Warcraft Blog - News, guides and more! Come join my community.

Umm, not to point out the obvious, but wednesday is not the reset day for all of us. American servers reset on Tuesday morning.

Also, where did you get the info on a BoA ring as one of the rewards? Haven't seen anything mentioned regarding any rewards yet.

The last thing I want to see is the same people who rush the Sunday tournament rushing this one. It'll probably happen but if its intended to be during guild raid time, I'd have to say its quite brilliant on their part.

Not every raiding guild raids on Wed nights. I happen to be in one that raids tuesdays, fridays and sundays. I'm quite happy that there will be another time to compete for this achievement and if it really is meant to be during regular raid times then that's just less competition (read - less griefing) during the contest. I've attended the Sunday ones a few times and it's ridiculous how serious people take it.