Thread: Misdirection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Misdirection

Quote Originally Posted by Elsu
    Did anyone else notice that the changes for Misdirection in patch 3.3 were slipped into yesterday's hot fix? I noticed the change yesterday while running Naxx on Moonrunner, but I have not seen it mentioned anywhere..

Instead of having 3 charges Misdirection now begins a 4 second timer during which threat generated by the hunter goes to the friendly target.

Multiple hunters should now be able to misdirect threat to the same friendly target, but I did not test this.
    Not so much bro.

You're lying, in denial, or on some killer drugs that you don't even realize.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Squishie
    To completment this, I have /focus <Main Tank Name Here> /focus <OT> /focus <OOT> /focus <Feral Druid>
    Bound to F1-F4

This really helps when a tank dies or some target switching is happening, its a simple 2 key presses to change and MD my new focus.
    You know... you have Feign Death. Threat should never be an issue for you except in the first few seconds of a fight or if there is a threat wipe. Even still, you have Feign Death. Use it.

The ezest all in one use of misdirection is this macro, /Cast [target=targettarget] misdirection
    u target the boss, tank engages boss u cast md and its on your tank u dont need to target anything else and start nuking

I pull nealr 1.6x more threat on survival than I do MM. My opening rotation is explosive, black arrow, multi, serpent sting. Which is fine but usually as soon as my LnL procs i really bring the heat to my tanks and all i hear over vent is Blacklisted, FD!(since I dont use omen, i know i fail, recount and atlas are way more important to me, and I dont like my screen flashing and making submarine noises)

Deleted

Yes not using omen is kinda fail, I would not let you in my raid untill you had it tbh. The Raid Leader shouln't have to tell you when to fd.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet
    Yes not using omen is kinda fail, I would not let you in my raid untill you had it tbh. The Raid Leader shouln't have to tell you when to fd.

MD still has charges, can't wait for the 3.3 buff to it though after leveling an alt Rogue and getting to use ToT.

Quote Originally Posted by malloot
    The ezest all in one use of misdirection is this macro, /Cast [target=targettarget] misdirection
    u target the boss, tank engages boss u cast md and its on your tank u dont need to target anything else and start nuking
    This is suboptimal due to RSTS abilities. MDing your main healer because you hit the MD button just as Jaraxxus was targeting him for Legion Flames = fail
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Squishie
    To completment this, I have /focus <Main Tank Name Here> /focus <OT> /focus <OOT> /focus <Feral Druid>
    Bound to F1-F4

This really helps when a tank dies or some target switching is happening, its a simple 2 key presses to change and MD my new focus.
    Grid + Clique + /focus macro. Bind it to right click, so when you right click on someone's unit frame it sets them as your focus target.
    ????
    Profit.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeraz
    cool the vulcan
    and Rilgon I do use a noob version of the macro u posted, that's why i'm sometimes too slow :P
    /target maintankname
    /cast MD
    /targetlasttarget

As u see i have to change the macro every time, so thx alot
    doesn't change the fact that i just use it to get the threat away from me and not to help the tanks especially :P
    Fail.

No I used to do that too, then I realized half those lines were useless.

/cast [target=maintanknamehere] Misdirection

is much better and makes it all one line.

I progressed from there to the focus macro.

I still have an "assist" macro though.
    /assist
    /cast Misdirection
    /assist

I can use that when I'm targetting the boss to assist (usually target the tank), cast MD on him, and assist back to the boss. It is funny when the boss is tossing a random ability at someone in the raid and they get misdirected though. I don't use it much TBH

Oh and to improve upon my earlier Grid + Clique comment, I actually bound shift right click to misdirection as well so I can use grid to MD if I need my focus set elsewhere. Just depends if you want to use 2 clicks to MD or a click and a keypress to MD. I use an n52te so I have a ton of buttons bound, usually my mouse is free for MDs in raids.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

#showtooltip Misdirection
    /cast[modifier:ctrl,target=mouseover,help]
    /cast [target=mouseover,help] Misdirection; [modifier:shift,target=playerpet] Misdirection; [target=focus] Misdirection

When mouseover target exists you cast MD on the mouseover target, when a mouseover target doesnt exist you cast MD on your focus target.
    (mouseover targetting with this macro works on raidframes as well as mousing over an actual player)

Works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed
    Grid + Clique + /focus macro. Bind it to right click, so when you right click on someone's unit frame it sets them as your focus target.
    ????
    Profit.
    Shit, that's elegant. I have one that focuses my target's target (in case of a tank switch, Twin Jormungar, etc.),but that's elegant as hell.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Raided last night. Still the Same. Arathor EU