Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Destruction rotation questions, is there really a priority.

I read this thread, facepalmed, then read it again, pissed my pants laughing, read it again and wasn't amused.

Flor judges this thread full of retardation, ignorance, TL;DR replies, and lack of brain power. As to the people; You know who you are.
    As to the OP;
    STOP ASKING QUESTIONS YOU CAN GOOOOOOOOGLLLEEEEEEEE.

As for the rest of you... Ya mate!

i lol'd at how everyone spells conflagrate
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Flormelis
    I read this thread, facepalmed, then read it again, pissed my pants laughing, read it again and wasn't amused.

Flor judges this thread full of retardation, ignorance, TL;DR replies, and lack of brain power. As to the people; You know who you are.
    As to the OP;
    STOP ASKING QUESTIONS YOU CAN GOOOOOOOOGLLLEEEEEEEE.

As for the rest of you... Ya mate!
    Does this include me? ??? ??? ???
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji
    i lol'd at how everyone spells conflagrate
    how? you mean omitting the "rate"?

Pyroclasm Rank 3
    When you critically strike with Searing Pain or Conflagrate, your Fire and Shadow spell damage is increased by 6% for 10 sec.

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t38033-m...ock/#Rotations

Curse of Doom has the highest DPCT and should therefor have a uptime close to 100%. However, if you can manage to proc Pyroclasm before casting it you should wait until the next Conflagrate as it increases your overall DPS. If the target has an estimated time of going down in less than a minute, then you should cast Curse of Agony instead and keep it up until the target dies for max DPS.

PS If you're moving, Corruption is instant cast, so even if you don't like to use it as part of rotation, you can put up Corr while moving after the life tap. One problem is range (30 yd afflic vs 33/36 destro)

So some quick dummy tests revealed that with pyroclasm up the CoD would hit for 13496 and without would hit for 12732 (oddly it hit for only these two numbers the whole time). This is a rougly 5.57% increase, which is what you would expect.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

This obviously isn't the best thread for it (it is full of silly) but I will reiterate that glyph of Immolate is better than Incinerate. Immolate increases your conflag damage by 10% as well, and the combined bonus damage actually makes it a higher damage increase than glyph of Incinerate.

The Immolate glyph does not work how you think it does. It's typically a <1% DPS gain. The Incinerate glyph on the other hand is a 2-2.5% DPS increase. Conflag is 100% required. Incinerate is the next higher DPS gain. Life Tap is the next highest DPS gain. If we had 4 glyph slots Immolate would come after that. No, I don't think it's needed to say Immolate is better than Life Tap before you hit 200 spirit. Though I just did.. While true it's also virtually impossible to come up under 200 spirit unless you don't have a Priest in your raids and gearing away from spirit would be stupid anyway due to Fel Armor.

This thread sure has a lot of sarcasm and misinformation (conflagorate... lol... :).

There's no rotation per se, but a priority:
    - Keep the Curse you were assigned to up (if none, use CoD);
    - Keep Immolate up (since it increases the damage of all your spells via Fire and Brimstone);
    - Keep Conflagrate on cooldown;
    - Keep Chaos Bolt on cooldown;
    - Spam Incinerate.

15+ Year Old Account

A lot of people look at the first 4 spells you cast as some sort of magic gate into the wonderful land of Warlock dps.

The initial order of your spells does not make a noticeable difference in your dps. Starting with a specific combination does not give you any special benefit later.

This was my rotation for the longest time, and fixing it gained me 200 dps, which equates to 1 extra second of 25m raid dps:
    Curse of Elements on all targets
    Incinerate x 2-4
    Oh fuck I forgot Immolate
    Conflag
    Chaos Bolt
    Incinerate x 4 .... Last one clipped because I have to move.
    Moving...
    Conflag
    Drain Soul.... Clipped, I clicked the wrong fucking button
    Immolate DAMNIT BACKDRAFT CLIPPED THE LAST TICK
    Fine... Paying attention to my dot timer now...

Just follow the advice given by Gihelle and many, many others:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle
    There's no rotation per se, but a priority:
    - Keep the Curse you were assigned to up (if none, use CoD);
    - Keep Immolate up (since it increases the damage of all your spells via Fire and Brimstone);
    - Keep Conflagrate on cooldown;
    - Keep Chaos Bolt on cooldown;
    - Spam Incinerate.

R.I.P. YARG

Oh please, stop confusing the OP already?

The rotation should be as follows:

CoD, immolate, Conflag, CB, incinerate spam.

Don't use corruption unless there is alot of movement, use the GoLIFE TAP NOT Immolate, and use rank 1 life tap before the pull to get your buff up. Get your conflag off before immolate comes off cooldown. Depending on your haste i usually try to wait until around 1.3 seconds left on timer before reapplying immolate, or i may let it drop off for half a second. Just don't clip it unless you can judge the situation well and know that clipping will help.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOfTheRood
    On a more serious note, don't use Corruption if you're destro. CoE or CoD if you've been blessed with a boomkin or unholy death knight, then immo, conf, CB incinerate until things need refreshing.
    fixed
    (shadow priests provide dps casters with a +3% spell hit only)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena
    use the GoLIFE TAP NOT Immolate
    I dunno, from analyzing the gear from ToC and upcoming Icecrown, I see they're removing Spirit from our gear little by little. Maybe to prepare us for the upcoming expansion?

I've lost 40% or so Spirit since I was geared in full Ulduar gear. Crit/Haste is better than both Spirit/Haste and Spirit/Crit for obvious reasons. I've since removed my LT Glyph and just went all happy with Immo/Incin/Conflag glyphs. My DPS didn't really took a hit from the 150 or so Spellpower I had from the LT glyph.

I <3 spirit gear

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Starstruk
    corruption if ya can. immo if u want to play it safe or ur corruption will be a waste for sum reason. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle
    I've lost 40% or so Spirit since I was geared in full Ulduar gear. Crit/Haste is better than both Spirit/Haste and Spirit/Crit for obvious reasons. I've since removed my LT Glyph and just went all happy with Immo/Incin/Conflag glyphs. My DPS didn't really took a hit from the 150 or so Spellpower I had from the LT glyph.
    Haste/Spirit is typically better until you start hitting 700+ haste. :-\

You also need to get down to around 200 raid buffed Spirit for Immolate to beat LT. I'm not even sure it's actually possible if you have a proper raid comp.

The question is incinerate or immolate, as lifetap and conflag are the two that are non-negotiable. 5% damage to ~45% of your damage, or 10% damage to ~30-35% of your damage. The numbers speak for themselves: glyph of Immolate > glyph of Incinerate.

If 30-35% of your damage is from Immolate + Conflag you're doing something wrong. It should be closer to 20-25%. You're also off on Incinerate which is about 45% with no haste, it's well over 50% with decent haste. Besides this I must reiterate that the Immolate glyph does not work the way you think it does. It is not a 10% gain to that ~25% of your DPS, which would be about on par with the Incinerate glyph. It's actually around a 4-7% gain to that same 25%. Keep in mind that 25% is subjective, in my gear it's only 23%, in BiS gear it's down at 22% (while Incinerate is at 53%+).

According to simcraft, you are correct. However, simcraft does make the assumption you get to stand there and nuke, which is never true. That explains the different damage percent distributions between the 'ideal' and what I've consistently seen on Recount and Event Horizon.

Given perfect numbers and rotations, simcraft tells me the difference between immolate and incinerate glyphs is 70 dps in incinerate's favor (7997 vs 8069). Because my damage distribution is actually skewed towards immolate/conflag, however, the glyph of immolate actually is more beneficial to me.