Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Are our dps enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender
    we clear ToC10 easy, so we've gathered the heal at 50% tactic

hell, i even cleared it as healer offspec with no problems
    lol the other night we stacked our top dps and best healers into a 10man group. 1 tank, 2 heals, 8 dps and we burned anub down to phase 3 before he was able to burrow.... so we got a 1 minute 55 second kill on anub 10man (reg). haha

fun times. now if we can just get our act together in heroic mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Emy
    Seeing ur DPS numbers, it's almost as if the full raid is walking around in Naxx gear. That warlock pulling 2.6k DPS obviously has no idea how to play when he throws Shadowbolts and Incinerates at his targets in the same rotation evenly used. The shamans probably need better gear and so does the feral. The rest of the dps seems okayish to me for a casual group. Should be enough to kill at least.

Btw train ur tanks to use only 2, there's only 2 adds so come on, how slow do you have to be to not be able to pickup 2 adds :P
    in 25man if you don't kill the adds fast enough you'll end up with more like 4... 4 adds on 1 tank = nearly insta-death... and even if it survives it takes a lot of attention from your healers.

i think if you're dps brings the A game and burns the adds super quick you could manage with just 2 tanks total... but for most raid set-ups 3 tanks is the way to go until everyone has the fight down really well so there's not a lot of raid-wide damage happening.

Quote Originally Posted by serif
    lol the other night we stacked our top dps and best healers into a 10man group. 1 tank, 2 heals, 8 dps and we burned anub down to phase 3 before he was able to burrow.... so we got a 1 minute 55 second kill on anub 10man (reg). haha

fun times. now if we can just get our act together in heroic mode.
    hehe we do the same for 10man, only log ive got is 1min 50 seconds but we had 2 tanks 2 healers rest dps, now if only they put a portal they went outside the instance rather than dalaran /facepalm

Seems to me that you all arent doing a good enough job of avoiding/killing the bugs during phase 2, and your overall dps is a bit low. Get people some more gear, tell them to up their dps, and you all should be fine.

Grats on the kill, obviously dps was enough. It's still bad though.

I raid as feral dps, so obviously my first reaction was to look at what your feral was doing. Unfortunately armory isn't working, so I can't pass any gearing advice on - but the first thing to look at are his Rake, Rip and Savage roar uptimes.

Rake - 27% uptime. Absolutely shocking, seriously, this should be way higher. I can't imagine why he isn't using it more. If you look at the times he has it up, it gets used on regular intervals but for some reason there are large gaps inbetween each application.

Rip - 42% uptime. Bad. Should be about to get 80%+ uptime on the boss, so if you account for phase 2 you can expect a drop, but not to 42%. Can definately be improved. At the start of the fight he doesnt apply rip for nearly a full minute.

Savage roar - 78%. Not too bad. I usually achieve very close to 100% on normal fights, but on anubarak phase 2 it can drop down a little. This is improvable but not the worst in the world.

Basically he needs to remember to keep rake up and try to improve on rip a little. There's probably gearing issues too, but at the moment I can't really comment.

Your ret pally is OK on gearing/speccing/glyphs but their damage is low for the gear they have.

I don't notice the windfury buff on your ret, but you have an enhancement shaman. WTF is your enhance dropping?!?!

Here's our report from a couple weeks back:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...?s=2433&e=2704

Granted my gear is somewhat better than your rets, but this report was 2 weeks ago and I got some upgrades since then. My gear definately is not 3.6K DPS better than his so something has to give.

i don't see any windfury buff on you either in your parse ^^

there's good shamans, and casual shamans. On my server, the good ones are given free cookies by the top 10, so they are not likely to apply to us

I know two good casual shamans, and they pvp only.

on topic, if you got advice about going from 5+ to 8+ as ret, i welcome any comment / criticism.
    If you're just saying you're 8+, i'm happy for you
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender
    i don't see any windfury buff on you either in your parse ^^
    The thing about WoL is it doesn't show buffs that are already on you, hence it doesn't show my blessing of might either. Totems last 5 minutes, and our shaman drop them like 2-3 seconds before the pull, as the tank is counting down.

Our kill was well under this time window - Anub'arak 25N (04:31)

So our enhance shaman did not need to redrop the totems so they don't register.

However your attempts were over 9 mins, so your shaman should have to redrop the totem(s), generating a <buff lost><buff gained> event in the combat logs and triggering the Windfury buff to display in WoL. If it was pre-dropped, and your enhance didn't die, I would expect to see about 48% uptime reading in WoL, however it's not there at all.

This leads me to believe he isn't dropping Windfury.

On how to increase your DPS, FCFS isn't always FCFS, as an example, if you hold DS for say... 3 seconds, to let it hit 2 additional targets on anub, it will be a DPS gain, despite breaking proper FCFS rotation.

thanks, and i do that, especially to hit the adds when they are gathered under anub's legs. (so i save DS / holy wrath a bit)

i also save Wrathstone / Wings for bloodlust, or at worst for 5 stacks of corruption.

Honestly, i can't imagine anything more i could do
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.