Warrior Prot-Pvp would this work?

Ok so I tried to put a little Prot-Pvp build for my warrior (just for the fun of pvping) and i ask you, would this work?

[Prot-Pvp 18|2|51]

Basically I would stay in Battlestance using harmstring and Rend and the rest of my prot skills, which gives me a lot of Stuns and Silences -- and of course the survivability.

P.S. Don't post things like "just go arms" because I don't like arms and besides, this is just for fun.

Re: Warrior Prot-Pvp would this work?

Prot is OP.

I don't know anything about Prot, but I know that you picked some wack talents for PvP.

Vigilance is garbage for PvP, put that point in Safeguard. Being able to intervene an arena partner getting focused and reduce their damage taken by 30% is huge.

Shield Mastery is important, because all of your burst will come from attacks that are based off of your Block Value.

Rage Starvation as Prot happens, so I maxed out Shield Spec.

Glyph of Rapid charge is OP with Warbringer, remember Juggernaut was nerfed because of how strong it was to charge so often.

Improved Revenge is OP, take it.

Glyph of Blocking will once again improve your burst.

Dunno about Glyph of Revenge, does a free heroic strike generate rage? If not, its not worth it, otherwise it could be a bit of a damage increase.

Don't think Imp Thunderclap is all that worth it.

Booming Voice is awesome for pulling Rogues out of Vanish.

You could also drop the points in Arms and grab Piercing Howl, which is very nice for PvP, but the 20% more crit damage is awesome too and a bleed effect is great versus Rogues. Overpower is not worth it as a damage ability with one handers, most of your damage will come from attacks that use your block value and your shield as a weapon.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...j,akRRq3,10676

well the thing is, I'd mostly stay in battlestance, for the extra damage ArP and Harmstring.

I tested this spec vs. some people in front of og and especially casters had very little chance of beating me.

So I re-aranged (sp?) some of the talent points

First of all remember, that I'm mostly in battlestance and fight casters and revenge is only usable in protstance, but I admit it is nice against melees.

well, about overpower not doing enough dmg with one-handers, same goes for DW - thus I got at least imp. overpower.

Glyph of Rapid Charge WAS OP IMO, since blizz halved it's effect - besides I have Charge, Intercept and Intervene in any stance, which is pretty much enough for me.

Glyph of Revenge isn't all that great, since I rarely use HS in arena and the damage increase of one HS really isn't that good.

also Incite and Imp TC both aren't good in arena since TC just doesn't cut it in arena.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...L,9RHRq3,10676

Thanks for your Tipps

Ah well I figured Glyph of Revenge would lend to some additional Rage, but I am not sure about Warrior mechanics. I remember from the PTR having rage issues when I tried Prot, so I figured if you could get a free HS it would work kind of like Victory Rush, basically still generating Rage because it dealt damage and didn't cost Rage, since it increased the damage it would essentially be a rage gain increase. I could be wrong, it might be worth testing if you want more Rage.

As Prot in PvP, I notice a lot of warriors swap between Battle and Def stance. This is probably to gain access to Shield Block, which massively increases your Shield Slam damage for huge burst.

Incite and Imp TC are just filler talents, you can really dump those anywhere I just stuck them there because as Prot with a lot of Block Value gear, you aren't going to really get gibbed and alot of the alternative talents are defensive ones.

Basically the big things I noticed were not enough focus on Block Value, which is very important for Prot Burst, and Vigilance, which is really of no use in PvP (just a slight damage decrease but IMO is not as good as on demand 30% damage redux for a parner.)

Prot Warriors do great in World PvP and BGs (Assuming they're not going up against another Tank specced class), but suck in Arena due to the fact they just get ignored. Prot Warrior's mainly generate Rage from taking damage, so you getting ignored really rage starves you and limits what you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by elseagoat
    I don't know anything about Prot, but I know that you picked some wack talents for PvP.

Vigilance is garbage for PvP, put that point in Safeguard. Being able to intervene an arena partner getting focused and reduce their damage taken by 30% is huge.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...j,akRRq3,10676
    Smoked a lot lately right ? 3% damage reduction in pvp is fuckin great for 1 talent. You can even put it on your partner which won't have your survivability.

no it sux balls, its pve
    its nubfriendly in pvp, lol stun lol silence lol spell reflect lol ur bashed and slammed to death.
    l2p and go arms

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb
    Smoked a lot lately right ? 3% damage reduction in pvp is fuckin great for 1 talent. You can even put it on your partner which won't have your survivability.
    3% damage reduction is nothing when a 800+ resil target can get destroyed in 2-3 globals if caught with no CD's. It's all about burst. No 2500+ prot warriors who I've seen (and I've armoried almost everyone in US and EU at that rating) take Vigil.

Also if you put a point in Vigil, you can't get shockwave if you go with a spec like 15/5/51. Sorry, I'll take shockwave over Vigil anyday.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...d+Hand&n=Draek

He plays prot in arena (all brackets) look at his spec.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Deleted

Check Swiftys video on Youtube.