Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Faction-changing Alliance to Horde: A question

I'm not expecting any better answer than I got from...*shudder* the WoW class forums, but maybe I can get something definitive.

I'm thinking of faction-changing my paladin from Alliance to Horde - and since I'm not waiting for tauren paladins, nor would I switch to a tauren paladin even if I wait, that leaves me with the blood elves. Now here is my question: I did the quest chain for the charger a long, long, LONG time ago, and I'm wondering - if I want the Blood Knight Tabard when/if I make the switchover - if I would have to do the quest chain again in order to obtain the tabard, or if I would just be able to walk up to the vendor in Dalaran and say "gimme a new one, I lost mine".

Regards,
    - J.
    Originally Posted by Fargo (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The primordial soup that creates heroes never tastes of rainbows -- it’s a lumpy gumbo of suffering and evil.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Faction-changing Alliance to Horde: A question

I believe that if you already have the Paladin tabard for Alliance, it'll automatically become the Blood Knight tabard upon switchover, as well as every other faction-specific item you posess, including mounts.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by MusikDisaster
    I believe that if you already have the Paladin tabard for Alliance, it'll automatically become the Blood Knight tabard upon switchover, as well as every other faction-specific item you posess, including mounts.
    Yeeeeeah, small problem.

THERE ISN'T A PALADIN TABARD FOR ALLIANCE.
    The primordial soup that creates heroes never tastes of rainbows -- it’s a lumpy gumbo of suffering and evil.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Well, in that case, I'm sure Blizzard has resolved some kind of solution. If anything, roll a GM ticket.

i dont think u can just go to the guy in dal and be like woops i lost mine... it might be a thing where u had to actually level as a Bloof Elf 8)
    Black pepper doritos ftw....

If you havent completed the horde paladin quest line to get the tabard (which as Alliance, I think you havent) you should be eligible to run it and acquire the tabard. Easy as

all the quest given by faction npc get resetted when u change faction
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaavis
    And you didn't even address the fact that auto attacks do a lot better than wanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    Quick trade chat poll reveals that YOUR MOM is actually the hardest bossfight in WoW.

faction changes are still a little iffy. I recently switched my rogue from and undead to human and found that it had completely "undone" the quest chain for the shadow vault. this actually turned out to be a good thing though because doing that in one day was a lot more rep than just the dailies :P

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

I read that it resets the quest chains for the Crusaders' Pinnacle, the Shadow Vault, AND the Argent Tournament. I hope that doesn't mean it takes the stuff I've already bought from the Crusader-only quartermaster...

Quote Originally Posted by Accuser.
    If you havent completed the horde paladin quest line to get the tabard (which as Alliance, I think you havent) you should be eligible to run it and acquire the tabard. Easy as
    I was thinking it might be, but I've not seen anyone who's actually made the change from Alliance to BE paladin, so I wasn't sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshmaul
    I was thinking it might be, but I've not seen anyone who's actually made the change from Alliance to BE paladin, so I wasn't sure.
    I know someone. He's not on atm, but I'll bug him tomorrow for ya if you still haven't gotten your response ;]

I faction changed my Paladin and was able to redo the charger quest for the other faction. You'll just have to complete the Horde version of the quest to get it.

Edit: It wont take the rewards you already have away that you got from the Argent Tourny. It will however take your titles and rep.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Entheiligt
    I faction changed my Paladin and was able to redo the charger quest for the other faction. You'll just have to complete the Horde version of the quest to get it.

Edit: It wont take the rewards you already have away that you got from the Argent Tourny. It will however take your titles and rep.
    Now that's the definitive answer I was looking for.

And to think I went to the WoW paladin forums with this question....ugh! Not doing that again.

The Paladin WoW forums is a place of idiocy and sin.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

Quote Originally Posted by dogpie
    The Paladin WoW forums is are a places of idiocy and sin.
    Fixed that for you.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Quote Originally Posted by dogpie
    The Paladin WoW forums is are a place of idiocy and sin.
    Fixed that for you.
    Re-fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshmaul
    I'm not expecting any better answer than I got from...*shudder* the WoW class forums, but maybe I can get something definitive.

I'm thinking of faction-changing my paladin from Alliance to Horde - and since I'm not waiting for tauren paladins, nor would I switch to a tauren paladin even if I wait, that leaves me with the blood elves. Now here is my question: I did the quest chain for the charger a long, long, LONG time ago, and I'm wondering - if I want the Blood Knight Tabard when/if I make the switchover - if I would have to do the quest chain again in order to obtain the tabard, or if I would just be able to walk up to the vendor in Dalaran and say "gimme a new one, I lost mine".

Regards,
    - J.
    When you faction transfer all quests are reset, including the Charger.

It's a different quest line, so you'll be able to do it over again.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fancyfeast
    It's a different quest line, so you'll be able to do it over again.
    im pretty sure mine wasnt reset il check again
    Edit : ok mine was reset at the 2nd quest not the 1st.. lol

10+ Year Old Account

From horde to allaicen i lost crusade title and shadow vault. I kept my charger itself The tabard I believe went to the Blueberry one Vindicator or whatever, I'm not 100% I nevevr wear tabards just thought I saw it in my bank. You also loose your reputation with the crusader factions (BE and High Elves). If you purchased pets or mount you still keep them and even though tehre is a requirement for exalted that is apparently only to buy them cause i can still ride my Silver Covenant mount and Im so NOT exalted atm.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

10+ Year Old Account

One good thing about BE pallies is their instant mana racial. Always helpful.