Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

Quote Originally Posted by nightcinder
    you're a death knight.
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT

and they're stupid.
    go roll a real tank class.
    wasn't long ago, paladins weren't considered a real tank class. even in bc, top guilds had NO paladin tanks until further into the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    wasn't long ago, paladins weren't considered a real tank class. even in bc, top guilds had NO paladin tanks until further into the expansion
    The only reason anyone even bothered with Pally tanks in BC was for the waves of trash in Hyjal. Every thing else was done with warriors.

2 bosses in a whole expansion ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Saimene
    Like.. a warrior? Or.. a warrior? Or.. I know, a warrior.

Cause they're the only true tanking class. Pallies were healers in Vanilla and trash tanks in TBC.
    The irony in your statement:

When WoW first came out, on the Worldofwarcraft.com class page, they listed paladins as the "True" tanks. This was later removed after blizzard realized that they couldn't tank.

It also listed Druids as "the true" healers, but back then they could do anything...just not WELL.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    Perhaps you're geared incorrectly or undergeared and taking frustrations out on another class because they can do 'your' job better?
    If the OP is serious (which I doubt), he's likely a DW frost DK who thinks it's viable and will flame anyone to hell for telling them otherwise.

Ghehe, well you COULD reroll, but you could aswell just READ more, get sence of talents and gear and do a good job as DK instead..
    Doing that will save you a lot of time you can use to get to know your class better, instead of screwing up as a Pally soon.

DK tanks are fine, if there was that much disparity in damage taken between you and a paladin, you are not using your cooldowns correctly.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    actually when they nerf prot they tend to go back and undue it.
    Or make it slight change.
    prot nerfs usually dont stick, or they are minor

Edit: added this for the OP

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

Cause they're the only true tanking class. Pallies were healers in Vanilla and trash tanks in TBC.
    Hunters FTW 8)
    Quote from: JonTargaryen on October 10, 2009, 09:16:46 pm
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    Secondly, overall damage taken shouldn't be compared to with tanks simply because they all behave differently and take damage in differently.
    Exactly! It doesn't matter which tank takes the most damage over the course of an encounter, or at least it doesn't matter very much. What matters is how easy it is to keep the tank alive.

DKs still have the best set of CDs which means that while they may take more damage overall, they can take less during the critical high stress periods. I care much more about those high stress periods than the ho-hum easy sections in between them.

Any RL choosing one tank over the other based solely on total damage taken is nuts - unless he's picking between two tanks of the same spec, on the same encounter etc. - then it might have some validity.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaths
    prot nerfs usually dont stick, or they are minor
    Given the past few patches, I'm inclined to believe that prot paladins are just being trolled by the devs (HotR change, now LoH change).

Prot does get nerfed, however, where it counts (AD nerf).

Anyway, unless the OP is willing to provide an armory of himself and his "replacement" this is all just troll feed anyway.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bron

he may have undergone the race change or something and its screwing with that? idk

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

So he's Ed Wood? ;D
    Quote from: JonTargaryen on October 10, 2009, 09:16:46 pm
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.

pfft what a typical WoW pisser this is..

Always doing this kind of shizzle because some other option is just a tad better!

There is no need for hardcore / "proffesional" people to play the most tweaked/best-setup whatever thing when raiding.

If you have a good bonding with your guildmates, why the hell put your tank to the bench? If you can clear the instance/raid then its all fine.. even if the takes more damage.. 38% sounds like a lot.. but if the DK has less spike damage than a paladin, that 38% means sh¡t...

Try to appriciate the people you are playing with, not focus purely on the best digital number

its not like raiding is Arena, where every bit matters...
    thread: Smoke Grenade? I mean srsly?
    I'd also like a flashbang and then it would be just like Counter Strike.

OK after couple more months your pally will be 80 and guess what DK;s will be OP tanks.

It's just a cycle, get used to it and stick to single class and excel in it.

15+ Year Old Account

ive seen this somewhere.. ah right the other thread who got locked

Quote Originally Posted by k0102
    its not like raiding is Arena, where every bit matters...
    Aha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahem, carry on.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deaths
    he may have undergone the race change or something and its screwing with that? idk
    It didn't update the Armory until after today.

Hell, for about 1-2 weeks it showed my Alliance Human Warlock as being a Horde-sided Human Warlock after I faction changed her.

pala tank is hard right?
    Banned.

Don't death knights require cooldown usage at the right times and all that?

Is it possible that the problem is that you wern't using your death knight right?

Maybe the death knight class is fine maybe it is broken, I don't know...but I do know that you might just not be very good.

Or possibly that you are good and you did use your cooldowns right and that your death knight took less damage than the pally when it was most important even though you took more damage overall.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Roar111
    Don't death knights require cooldown usage at the right times and all that?

Is it possible that the problem is that you wern't using your death knight right?

Maybe the death knight class is fine maybe it is broken, I don't know...but I do know that you might just not be very good.

Or possibly that you are good and you did use your cooldowns right and that your death knight took less damage than the pally when it was most important even though you took more damage overall.
    My DK is fine, I can MT a lot of encounters and do fine on TPS (if I manage to get enough Rune Strikes off, I start to pull threat off the Paladin tank when he MTs )