Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Race changing your DK?

So with the official Race Change service available, I was wondering who else might of changed their race yesterday? Personally I decided to move to a Tauren Death Knight for the freebie 5% HP and Warstomp abilities. I also like the fact that as a Tauren I can actually see a good deal more of the armor and weapon models from when I was Undead. Mostly I did it just as a change of pace, but also Will of the Forsaken and Cannibalize were hardly of any help to me when tanking, with the exception of breaking Onyxia fear.

Anyone else decide to Race Change and if so, why?

WorldofDeathKnightCraft.com
    world of warcraft coverage for death knights and more...

Re: Race changing your DK?

Thinking about troll, will rename to Yuronmon > Just because I can really.
    biym

Waiting to see what the new Racials will be before I change. Definitely going to wait until after 3.3 so I can get the new Rep exalted with human bonuses first.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Switched from Orc to Tauren, was tired of the goofy looking Orcs, now i'm a goofy looking Tauren 8)

I am a Troll DK thinking bout race changing, but I think I am going to wait for racial overhauls.

I would love to have the BE or Tauren racial, but since I hate the way Blood Elves look and Tauren have attack animations that do not match the DK animations at all, I think I will stick with Undead.

Undead look bad fucking ass when they are Obliterating someone with Threat of Thassarian, and their Two-Handed attack animation lines up perfectly with the multicolored slashes of the DK strikes, making it look pretty cool too.

Plus, Will of the Forsaken is not half bad, getting fear bombed an entire arena match blows nuts.

And no amount of teabagging or /spitting will amount to a single corpse explosion + cannibalize combo in world PvP. The ultimate "You just got fucking owned" statement right there.

Quote Originally Posted by elseagoat
    I am a Troll DK thinking bout race changing, but I think I am going to wait for racial overhauls.

I would love to have the BE or Tauren racial, but since I hate the way Blood Elves look and Tauren have attack animations that do not match the DK animations at all, I think I will stick with Undead.

Undead look bad fucking ass when they are Obliterating someone with Threat of Thassarian, and their Two-Handed attack animation lines up perfectly with the multicolored slashes of the DK strikes, making it look pretty cool too.

Plus, Will of the Forsaken is not half bad, getting fear bombed an entire arena match blows nuts.

And no amount of teabagging or /spitting will amount to a single corpse explosion + cannibalize combo in world PvP. The ultimate "You just got fucking owned" statement right there.
    LOL. Don't think I quite thought of that before I changed away from Undead...

At least you can change back after only 3 days if you decide you want to and are willing to feed the Blizzard Cash Cow.

WorldofDeathKnightCraft.com
    world of warcraft coverage for death knights and more...

changing my BE dk to orc, just cause of the axe spec, and Blood Fury, and they look bad ass with dk armor

I changed to Night Elf from mainly for cast animations i had no more use for human passives.

[i]A quick death...like the one you gave me? No. You're going to suffer as I did. Thanks to my arrow, you can't even run. Give my regards to hell, you son of a bitch.
    -Sylvanas Windrunner

Went from belf to troll, mainly because of the looks, but also because of berserking. Yes, it buffs gargoyle quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlyshado
    changing my BE dk to orc, just cause of the axe spec, and Blood Fury, and they look bad ass with dk armor
    Same here, minus the "bad ass with dk armor". As I focus mostly on PvE with my DK, being an orc is quite good.

Change my Female undead DK to a female Orc, liking the change so far, nice attack boost and stun reduction for PVP, plus you dont come across many female orc's and I couldn't think of a new name for a male one so I stuck with my name of Pestilent.

BE DK 4 LIFE BRA

Pfft Human > all!

Free trinket is pretty helpful for world PVP/arenas. Giving the middle finger to the rep grind is so tasty; it's like that one large pepperoni that isn't quite stuck to the pizza so you can pull it off and eat it without anyone really catching you. Yeah - that good. Eh and the expertise bonus is a nice little boost as well and easy to match.

in trying to min/max for raiding, i swapped from UD to orc, seeing as its most beneficial overall.

plus who doesnt want massive shoulder armor? oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Yuron
    Thinking about troll, will rename to Yuronmon > Just because I can really.
    Because average age of DKs is 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooth
    Because average age of DKs is 12.
    According to a study made in 2005, the average age of WoW player is 28 years. I find it quite unlikely that this number would have dropped by a significant amount as you are implying.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxia
    According to a study made in 2005, the average age of WoW player is 28 years. I find it quite unlikely that this number would have dropped by a significant amount as you are implying.
    Its a post from someone on the internet, it has to be true!

< race changed for epicness nao
    biym

UD > Orc.

http://i37.tinypic.com/ezg9xy.jpg

Yeah, I went there .

Changed my BE DK to an Orc.

i think i'm going to stick with my drenaei DK for a bit, but if the race change included a faction change, i'd switch to an orc DK for the racials alone.

that being said, its probly a dumb idea to use race change now as you'll probly want to again once cata goes live and the racials change.