Poll: Will warrior tanks be buffed in cataclysm?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The fate of prot. warriors in Cataclysm (poll)...

i know warriors are good enough to get by, and have nice perks that other tanks don't have, like an interrupt, spell reflect, TC attack speed debuff, demo shout, and charge/intervene, but their AE threat is terrible compared to DKs and Pallys, and their single target threat, while pretty much good enough, isn't nearly as good as pallys. will cataclysm buff warriors? discuss/flame away

Re: The fate of prot. warriors in Cataclysm (poll)...

I see no particular reason why the class has to be significantly buffed. I think it will benefit from the changes to block, which will hopefully make the mechanic more meaningful next expansion. But Protection has served me well on every fight except H.Vezax (moved aside for the DK tank), and that issue has been rectified.

Well I guess its that time again...this time before wotlk started these "warriors will never get taken to raids mark my words" threads were popping up everywhere.

I post to every tank discussion like this that my guild uses one of each tank every week. The warrior is usually the MT. He does svery well. All of the tanks do fairly equal, with some low threat from the druid. The DK and warrior keep up with paladin threat.

Except for a few minor issues with paladins, overall tanks are more balanced than they've ever been so there's really no need to worry about it. And it's way too early to judge what they may do in the expansion, they're still making minor tweaks so they could still end up doing something before that.

Every time Protection Warriors have gotten buffed, the ones who actually know what the hell they're doing sit back and go "um...okay, w/e, thanks for more threat and avoidance".

The only issue here is that they're not as easy to faceroll as a Paladin or DK and still maintain good threat.

And not to intentionally stir up any USA / Euro hate, but with as min/max as Kungen is, I'm relatively sure that had he thought prot warriors weren't cutting it in threat he'd already be blogging about it with expectations that it makes the notes at the next Dev meeting.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

I would rather see prot pallys get nerfed for the lulz of it, rather than prot warriors get a buff that we don't really need.

Warrior tanks have always been and will always be a good tank.
    If your guild MUST have a paldin tank instead of a warrior tank, then there are other issues in the raid that are off.

Warrior threat have always been fine.

And the threat vs paladin crap is just pure bullshit, it's an ignorant excuse for your lack of skills.
    Good warriors have always been able to pull off the threat needed. Bad warriors instead of learning to play their class, turn and complain that the paladins have much better threat.

Some threat difference will always be there, but good warriors as I said have always been able to pull off the threat needed.
    Oh and yeah, same goes for aoe threat, it's amazing to watch a skilled warrior play right and have amazing aoe threat, yet some scrubs go to forum and say warrior threat is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Duftehwarrior
    ...while pretty much good enough, isn't nearly as good as pallys. will cataclysm buff warriors?...
    i shouldn't have said "pretty much good enough." they are good enough. i was just focused on how pallys do much more. but AE threat still isnt as easy to do as pallys/dks, with tc ever 6 sec, while tab targeting/cleaves like crazy, which i can do. i know how to play my warrior to its fullest, to be an effective tank. the point of this post is if warriors will be buffed (intentionally or not) to be as easy to play as DKs/pallys.

IF they made warriors as easy as pallys/dks then i would go roll a pally/dk,
    i like to tank on my warrior because its a challenge sometimes, theres no point in saying we need a buff or other tanks need a nerf..

currently i out threat my mate who is a pally tank by near 3k tps which is crazy considering our gear is near enough the same, just think that warriors will always be better at Main Tanking because aslong as we have threat then all of our skills generate soo much threat is unbelievable,
    people who worry about nerfs and buffs really shouldnt play the class they are playing.

im sure there will be changes in the way that all tanks work so lets just knuckle down and learn to use the new skills.....

BTW if you worry we will never be as good as a pally/dk then either delve more into your class or go roll a pally/dk

Warriors are fine.

The only issues i personally got is build aoe threat fast (I use shockwave, TC and cleave every CD. Dont use sunder glyph though if anyone has some suggestions) and picking up adds with ranged attacks on a fight like yogg (suggestions welcome here aswell).

On the other hand we got very good single target threat and we provide buffs such as sunders.

We cant really be best of all aspects because then we would be where we accuse paladins of being now. But as stated, i view us as fine now.

Warriors have competitive single target threat and a toolbox, with more cooldowns, debuffs, and mobility then every other tank, and we don't have as high AoE tanking capabilities. Personally the only thing I would like to see changed is that our glyph of shield wall changed to 50% reduction instead of 40% to bring it inline with paladins and DKs, but thats a minor change at best, and not at all necessary.

I really wish you had thrown in a gradient option.

Technically I think we'll be buffed the same way as everyone else will be buffed because of 5 more levels and new trainable abilities and Path of the Titans.

There are still going to be some downsides though, like we'll have a slight avoidance nerf because of the removal of defense rating but that's no big.

The only place where warrior tanks are lacking compared to other tanks is in DPS, I was hoping that in Cat this would be smoothed out by all gear only having "pure" stats on it. Unfortunately that's not how things are going to roll and instead I'm going to hope that our lack of magic damage and reliance on tanking gear over dps gear will include large chunks of "mastery" and increase our dps through it.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood888
    Warriors have competitive single target threat and a toolbox, with more cooldowns, debuffs, and mobility then every other tank, and we don't have as high AoE tanking capabilities. Personally the only thing I would like to see changed is that our glyph of shield wall changed to 50% reduction instead of 40% to bring it inline with paladins and DKs, but thats a minor change at best, and not at all necessary.
    DKs get 35% reduction with IBF. If you stack defense past 540 you can get maybe to 40%, but it's never been a good idea.

Realistically, I think we just need paladin AOE (and ST?) threat brought down to be more comparable to the other tanks. It's a bit too high for taking so little effort.

Its preety true that warriors lack in AOE threat abilities, i was thinnking about an ability that might be something else than just another consecrate, D&D spell.

I know warriors have preety decent AOE in first few seconds of fight - thunderclap, shackwave and then what?
    I was thinking about kind of spell to pop on after that initial burst. My sugestion would go for cd spell called blade armour( refering to Dota ) something you can pop after getting initial aoe hold so the mobs for the next 10 seconds would take dmg beating on you with high threat. I know its sounds similar to retribution aura, but it would be much stronger with cooldown.

Its just my thought, it might be invalid but wouldn`t really want to see another class with consecration, d&D and those dont really suit warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Karaghan
    Its preety true that warriors lack in AOE threat abilities, i was thinnking about an ability that might be something else than just another consecrate, D&D spell.

I know warriors have preety decent AOE in first few seconds of fight - thunderclap, shackwave and then what?
    I was thinking about kind of spell to pop on after that initial burst. My sugestion would go for cd spell called blade armour( refering to Dota ) something you can pop after getting initial aoe hold so the mobs for the next 10 seconds would take dmg beating on you with high threat. I know its sounds similar to retribution aura, but it would be much stronger with cooldown.

Its just my thought, it might be invalid but wouldn`t really want to see another class with consecration, d&D and those dont really suit warriors.

We have a "blade armor" it's called Damage Shield.

Really if you're having major problems with AoE threat you need to learn how to tab, cleave and position yourself correctly. We do NOT need another consecrate.

/Shame Damage Shield is being nerfed ....

Warriors are and will be fine. Like 95% of every world first kill has been tanked by a warrior.

Well, i would warmly welcome any buff ofcourse, but i wouldn't see where that buff would be really needed.
    I'm very happy the way things are now really, i saw someone post about aoe tankability's but i think warrior's have a few very nice ones and therewith even if we wouldn't have those, i wouldn't feel disappointed cause i dont mind needing another tank that can handle adds.

15+ Year Old Account

Little early to judge aint it o.O

I'd love to have warriors buffed, but I dont think we need it.

The problem with a majority of warriors who complain about the class just lack skill, click, or spam heroic strike when they have like 10 rage and wonder why they are rage starved. Seriously, AOE tanking on a warrior is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

If you're having AOE threat and doing like a heroic, just change out your glyphs and use dev, sunder armor, shockwave, cleave etc. Glyphs cost like 3g to make. Find an Inscriptor. Then switch them back when you're in a raid. When I was a MT I switched my glyphs for just about every progression encounter depending on what was needed and gave the highest chance for success.

It's common sense but alot of warriors are either too cheap to change glyphs (zomg 10g) yet complain when the tools for success are right in the AH.