Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Queen Lana'thel, Icecrown Citadel, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orionsoliara
    I dunno if anyone has mentioned this, but as an enchanter I'm really worried about the new disenchant system. I realize it makes giving out the abyss crystals (or shards or w/e) a lot easier. But one of the main reasons I'm an enchanter is because I get the materials when I run and, when people are nice and let me keep them (I always offer for a roll), I get free mats for my own enchants/the gbank.
    The way I see it, when things get disenchanted automatically and passed out randomly, enchanters completely lose that benefit of the profession. I think it's weird that, as an enchanter, I'll have to go onto the AH and buy mats to enchant my own gear. Maybe I've just been spoiled. But being able to enchant your own gear with your own mats seems like a given. Just like a LW or Alch (w/ herbalism) can farm their own mats, enchanters should also do so...
    Then just keep greeding all the gear you see in heroics then... the new disenchant thing is equivalent to a greed roll its just that instead of the item itself the person would instead recieve the enchanting mats... so it even benefits the enchanter... so basically now everyone will be greeding the gear same as they always have except those that want enchanting mats will get them and those that want to sell the item instead can get the item... its actually making it so you don't HAVE to pass out mats at the end if you didn't want to... everyone just competes over the indivdual items each time they drop like they would if they didn't know you were an enchanter...

blood queen is sasuke

Quote Originally Posted by Ylera
    How is spending hours looking for a group to play the game fun?

MORE game, less waiting. Simple as.

Amen im for anything that gets me out of standing in dal repeating "DPS LFG any heroic" every 5 minutes
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield
    2 things:

1) Dungeon system is good, but further erodes the point of realms. 'Back in the day' you chose a server and that is who you played with. Yes it had fewer people, but you knew who you were fighting with or fighting against. When you team within the battlegroup, wether for a BG or a Dungeon, you are basically anonymous. Everyone knows what anonymity does, so don't be suprised to encounter more jerks.

I worry however if the realm system is being eroded too much. I hated cross-realm BG's, I used to love meeting people in the warcraft world who I had fought against in warsong gulch. Now adays, most people don't bond any kind of social relationships and that problem is only going to get worse. Part of the fun of the game is the community, knowing who you are partying with. I think it will be a different game coming. Much more like Team Fortress Classic or Warcraft 3(online) when you always just play with random people and never care who they are.

2) For Ghostcrawler to say "We have a vision for Paladins" and kind of flippantly revoke accusations that the Paladin class is changing too fast is simply absurd. I quit my Holy Paladin during the Sunwell patch and switched to a Holy Priest and I am far happier. Sure we get the occasional update but the core mechanics and playstyle of priest has never changed. Unlike Paladins however who have been through so many changes you have to relearn the whole class every patch. This is what made me quit my paladin.

So I am sorry Ghostcrawler, I usually always agree with you and think you are a wise dev but on this issue you are incorrect or misguided or both. You put the Paladin class through so much turmoil. You chop and change. You suddenly decide long standing abilities should be removed or moved. Look at what you did with consecration? That has been everywhere you could put it! Blessing of Kings? What about the nerfs to illumination, a CORE Holy Paladin mechanic at one point.

To me all this proves is that Blizzard simply cannot balance the Paladin class. The only other class which can dps, tank AND heal is the druid and they are much more restricted by forms and mana. It is obvious once you analyse it all Blizzard is going to end up doing is sticking anything useful (talent wise) in the bottom half to talent trees to avoid "unintentional use" such as Tank Healing, or Ret Healing, etc. I gaveup playing my Paladin, its like one horrible rollercoster and you have no control over it. I healed as a Paladin from the days of Molten Core and I wouldn't touch the class with a barge poll. For others you are welcome to try, especially when Paladins are OP (which no doubt they always will go through cycles of this) but just remember, you will be chopped, changed, nerfed, reverted, removed etc etc.

Me? I will stick to priest. It has the decency to not completely overhaul the class every other patch. I always feel so glad I'm no longer a Holy Paladin.
    I also quit in Sunwell because of the same reasons.

I had desided weeks before that the day that a healing paladin was no longer able to maintain resonable healing values up - compared to the 3 other healing classes that all had AOE heals - I would quit. First day of Sunwell showed me that BLizzard was creating a game where one healing class was far inferior to others for doing one job. And it has not changed. And to this day - BLizzard is trying to acutually claim they have a vision for paladins. Their only vision is to be "diffrent". If that means that they get nothing but GCD buffs to increase their healing - and still smash HL - then they really are doing a smashing job.

No... I will never come close to WOW again. Going Priest was a smart move for you - cause at least Blizzard has few ppl actually playing priests and have strong vision that fits to the vision of the players. The vision of BLizzard when it comes to Palas is just beeing "diffrent". Thats it -and thats not what Paladins are looking for. They are looking for actual balanced class that has longterm goal when it comes to development. The glyph of holy light is probably the best proof that Blizzard can't see futher than their nose when it comes to holy palas. And they simply do not care aparently.

Unless the long term vision of BLizzard is to have glyph of holy ligth beeing used for the next 5 years ? Or maybe create a new one that gives 20% heal...

Yes - these are the geniuses behind the paladin class.

Queen Lana'thel while her model is good, looks like something out of Sunwell...

I completely understand all those paladins that are frustrated that their class keeps changing. I made a paladin which I played to about level 60 before ret was completely remade, their playstyle changed and they become the flavour of the month... That wasn't the class that I had originally made, so I abandoned him in the end. I'm so happy rogues never received any major makeovers, my rogue still "feels" like it plays the same way as he did years before BC.

One possible disadvantage of new Disenchant roll is that in a normal (I mean current) PuG, shards are usually counted at the end and split evenly between players.
    For example, all roll, highest roll get the Abyss and others get 1/0 Dream each. This looks fair enough for either enchanter and others.

Now with the new system one-two members can leave with all the shards, and others get nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by 0xdeadc0de
    One possible disadvantage of new Disenchant roll is that in a normal (I mean current) PuG, shards are usually counted at the end and split evenly between players.
    For example, all roll, highest roll get the Abyss and others get 1/0 Dream each. This looks fair enough for either enchanter and others.

Now with the new system one-two members can leave with all the shards, and others get nothing.
    In the long run it will even out and be fair

Quote Originally Posted by Smoknjoe
    The first random heroic you do will be the daily...

This is fine and all but I foresee a slight issue. For a beginner Tank/healers some heroics present more of a challenge than others. If for instance if I just reached defense cap and have just enough hp to run heroics and the daily is say UK I would certainly queue to tank the daily, but lets say the daily is TOC...

Absolutely. I remember DPS kitty and our new DK was tanking HAN and we wiped a few times (he was learning to tank), no big deal. Two of the others asked if I could tank it, I said if everyone agreed, but I was supporting my guildmate learning to tank.

We get to last boss and... yeah, POUND was 1 shotting him. Buffed he was at 26K health or so... I had more hit points unbuffed in kitty form. I happily stepped in on the next attempt to close it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

when's it coming out

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcold
    Taking all you gear out while in queue would help.
    Looks like it is no going to happen. Good move from blizzard.

Her model doesn't look finished, the wings are too stiff. Hopefully they will add a flapping effect or closing effect to her (Like Illadin's wings) it would make the model 100 times better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpttrips

Amen im for anything that gets me out of standing in dal repeating "DPS LFG any heroic" every 5 minutes
    Sure, if you want crippled party functionality. I for one will be avoiding the "new system" like the plague. Heck, it means I'll be jumping through hoops to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Falcon
    Sure, if you want crippled party functionality. I for one will be avoiding the "new system" like the plague. Heck, it means I'll be jumping through hoops to avoid it.

What makes you say that? just curious we are talking heroics here not like your going to get teamed up with a pug that cant clear nex.
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    When I heal, I like to be challenged. Just buffing healing overall, or taking some of the challenge away from the healers, I don't think makes the game more fun for them. It might be fun for a week as everyone thanks you for doing such an amazing job all the time, but playing any game in godmode typically gets old after the initial rush.
    Got to agree with this. What I hate about healing in other games is that it's too simple and is meant for people who don't know how to play well, but still want to play.

Take the medic class in Team Fortress 2 for example. You literally just point your healomatic in the general direction of someone and it heals. No aiming required. And then you just follow around someone else that gets to have fun. Yay! And worse it's a necessary class so SOMEONE has to do it. Medic in TF2 is the class for your GF when you go to a cybercafe but she sucks so you tell her to just press mouse1 and follow you around. In some other MMO there is like only 1 healing spell and you just target someone and spam it.

It's true in milk runs, it can be boring because nothing is happening much. That's when you run over to the second pack of mobs and "accidently" pull more.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Queen Lana'thel Model
    The BloodQueen model added in the latest PTR build was quite popular, I made a short video to let you enjoy the 360° view.
    i just love that model so i did this:

i know its not the best but perhaps s.o. likes it... didnt see anyone making a wallpaper for her^^

Priest - Paladin - DK - Shaman - Sigs - Wallpapers
    PM Requests: Closed