Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
I'm trying to prepare this char for TotGC:
http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...er&gn=The+Gate

A few informations:
I'm a fan of spamming renew on anyone that takes damage
I use FH as a filler if there is mainly Tank Heal to do (and often run into mana probs, when doing that)
I know that some gems/enchants are missing

My questions are:
1) What do you think about SoL - considering that it can't crit (->lower output and Inspiration uptime), is the mana conservation really worth it?
2) What do you think about Glyph of Renew - considering that it doesn't increase the total amount healed, would Glyph of FH be better to solve my mana problems?
3) What do you think about the odd talents : Body and Soul / Lightwell / Blessed resilience / Empowered Healing, I'm not quite sure, which one to pick.
1. SoL is great but 1/2 is all the points you need in it... with a decent raid buffed crit rate you barely use the 1/2 procs effectively each time... 2/2 is overkill and as you point out it doesn't crit and creates a negative synergy to other holy talents. In addition 2/2 doesnt actually double the proc rate due to the fact that a fair portion of your spells hit multiple targets.

2. I dont think its a bad glyph but its not one i'd choose, GS, PoH & CoH to me are the staple glyphs. FH isn't a bad glyph but I don't understand how any holy priest can have mana issues once they get a bit of gear.

3. Lightwell is bad, no amount of beating people over the head about it is going to change their habits to use it. Body & Soul has nice utility but I personally think it's not worth the 2 points but if you felt different I wouldn't exactly argue over it. What I do want to say is you take 3 points out of EH and put them into Blessed Resilience, reason being is that FH/GH would have to do over 50% of your total healing for 3 points of EH to be > Blessed reslience and if that was ever the case you are doing something wrong. There is a thread on EJ's that points out how much better Blessed Resilience is for holy HPS throughput... again we are comparing 3 points, so I end up with 2/5 EH and 3/3 BR in my spec.