Looking for Bear Suggestions

I've been tanking 25 man normal and heroic/hard mode content fow a while now but it feels like I'm getting squishier and squishier. What really pisses me off is that a paladin is standing on all fights better than I can. There must be something wrong that I can't compete.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sh&n=Bruizetta

I'm looking for any tips on what I can change to get more out of my gear and/or spec. At the moment, I'm way over budget on hit and probably a little under on expertise if I want to parry cap. I'm probably going to be switching to the T9.5 helm as soon as I can get another trophy which will take care of some of the hit.

I've recently switched from gemming for pure Stam to mostly Agi/Stam in hopes it would up my survivability but it doesn't seem to have helped much. The paladin I'm working with/against is only 3-4k hp less than me so really all I have on him is avoidance (which could use some help). I've got a Darkmoon Greatness card but I'm not sure it would help as much as the stam trinkets.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Re: Looking for Bear Suggestions

crusader orb wrists, try to get a new weapon (twin's pact, hellion glaive, the 10 man heroic one from anub), http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/48027/b...-twin-val-kyr/ and http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/48011/f...-the-infernal/

I would get rid of those expertise gems.

don't worry about parry cap...it's just to high to cap it
    what you could do is change glyph of growling (since you're hit capped) for glyph of frenzied regeneration... thus getting better panic button...
    as for gemming.... i'm stamina whore myself... but everything seems to be fine

growl operates off the spell hit cap of 17% so he's not hit capped for that. hmm, I didn't bother looking at talents and glyphs though, all druids take imp mark. That's 2% stats you're missing out on. For raid tanking you don't need maul technically, I use SI, Growl, and FR. Without maul you just have to learn to do some target switching to keep track of threat on multiple mobs, mashing a swipe/maul macro while tabbing and watching omen does well for me.

First off, replace either the growl or the maul glyph with the frenzied regen glyph, then replace your current idol with the one from emblems of conquest. Also move two points from furor into imp. mark, you're just handicapping yourself by not taking it. Also, scarlet rubies are not good gems any more. If you still have trouble after that, consider swapping some of the agi/stam gems to just stam, you'll take a bit more physical damage but be able to take a fair bit more damage.

I'd remove Expertise gems until you're back down to 26 and replace them with Agility/Stam gems, since that seems to be your preference. If you're dipping too low on health too often, possibly straight Stam. Ony's Polearm is another good option for a Tanking weapon and don't forget weapons affect us quite substantially.

Mostly, aside from the Expertise gems you don't really need and the Frenzied Regen Glyph you do need, you're possibly just being outgeared by the paladin and don't forget his gear should allow him to at least mitigate every hit, with Holy Shield up which we can't do. Get the 2% stats boost and that will add an extra 24 Agility and 48 Stamina, plus more when raid buffed. Don't forget the little things like flasks and food, you can afford to dip a little below hit rating and eat food to bring yourself back up again if you gear works out better that way.

Also, don't forget to keep popping Barkskin and watch for when to use Survival Instinct and Frenzied Regen. Try not to use them together unless you really must, since most bosses are timed to need two or even three cooldowns worth of mitigation, in our case, a Third really needs to be something like a Divine Sacrifice, but most tanks have that issue.

Can you post pally's armory so we have something to compare to?

You're sitting at a decent spot. 1 or 2 expertise gems won't make a huge difference. It's better to stack more avoidance (shifting dreadstone) but in reality, I thinkg it's more likely that you're not using your cooldowns appropriately. If you're finding that the paladin is more squishy then use your cooldowns more. You didn't say which fights that you're having problems with, but I have a feeling that you're saving your cooldowns for emergency situations. Try to predict when you're going to have a problem. Barksin, trinkets, and other CDs shouldn't be conserved.
    Watch your dbm/dues vox encounter timers more and predict when you're about to lack/need healing. When that happens, Survival Instincts(glyphed) should do the trick. If it doesn't then it's no longer your fault and you need to rethink your strategy. There's a point where a different tank will make an encounter easier, past that it doesn't matter what tank you use (the tank will die). If you have the latter then watch more strats.

I think we figured out what was making me so squishy was that dps weren't killing the snobolds fast enough so by the time my turn came around Gormok had a major dmg increase while the pally, who was starting it off was able to easily stack 4 debuffs before needing a break.

use barkskin whenever it is up, if you have Glyph of Indomitability, use it dude.