Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Don't understand my low dps - help

I'd say drop the windfury glyph and pick up lightning shield, the talent proc will do more damage, and that's a good thing
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Apra
    Haven't read the replies to this but hopefully someone mentioned you can be lazy and still utilize your on-use trinkets every time they're available.

Just make macros out of your main attacks and add this code:
    #show Earth shock
    /startattack
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX", "0")
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX", "1")
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /cast Earth Shock

It'll try to use your trinkets every time and cancel any error message or annoying error noise if they're not available.
    sure its usable but doing this with on use trinkets is a HUGE dps loss since your not using it when you gain the most benefit you might as well go buy mirror of truth or something and you can gain more dps out of it than using this type of macro.
    its best to wait to sync your ap trinkets with your ghostwolf+bloodlust poping bl just before you release your ghostwolfs

I do have a question regarding OP's meta gem.

For an enhance shaman, is 21 crit better than 21 agility?

Quote Originally Posted by Karnadas

Might be that agi doesn't improve spell crit? But then I would have thought agi to be the better one (ap, phys crit and spell power>all crit?). (My main is ele :P )
    No Darten, Elemental exists so resto shamans don't have to spend a minute to kill mobs when doing dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnadas

21 crit is better most of the time when you activate two blue socket bonuses with prismatic gems, one with Nightmare Tear http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49110 and one with Enchanted Tear http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42702. On some occasions, if you dont have any good blue socket bonuses, 21 agi meta could be better. Naturally the only way to be certain is to simulate these changes.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Angako
    sure its usable but doing this with on use trinkets is a HUGE dps loss since your not using it when you gain the most benefit you might as well go buy mirror of truth or something and you can gain more dps out of it than using this type of macro.
    its best to wait to sync your ap trinkets with your ghostwolf+bloodlust poping bl just before you release your ghostwolfs
    easy solution: make the macro only for ghostwolfs.

yup i do that ^_^ even got my racial in the mix makes timing very easy

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    easy solution: make the macro only for ghostwolfs.
    Yep, gotta have those trinkets for ghostwolf!

/end sarcasm
    really? try spirit wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF
    Yep, gotta have those trinkets for ghostwolf!

/end sarcasm
    really? try spirit wolves...
    we all know what he was talking about so no need to be a troll about it

Do you have any proof of that statement?
    My trinkets are up every minute and if I'm not using at every opportunity but saving them for special occasions, I would think that'd be the DPS loss. It's like only using your wolves during heroism. Sure your wolves are better during heroism but if you could have had them out an additional time I think you are actually doing a lot better DPS-wise.

If you're super disciplined and likely to notice your trinkets are off cooldown and have a separate macro for it, more power to ya, but if you're like me and already pretty sensory overloaded then I think automating them is the way to go.

we all know what he was talking about so no need to be a troll about it
    So I can run around saying maelstorm and enchantment shaman and expect that no one is going cry?

On topic: on use trinkets are usually better than proc trinkets with equal stats. The ability to control and sync with wolves and lust outweighs the time it takes you to press the key and/or worry about it.

Deleted

Simply false. What you need to do is calculate trinket uptime for the fight duration vs dps. With the macro solution it will be up the maximum possible time but not at the best times. With the use during bloodlust/heroism approach you have dramatically less uptime but better co-ordination. Unless you actually work out the difference between the two for the trinkets in question you CANNOT say its a "HUGE dps loss".

Most calculations I've done suggest that using our cooldowns early and often to maximise uptime is better than saving them to specific circumstances. Far far too often you see in parses people saving a cooldown to later in a fight when it could have been used at least once often twice before the time that bloodlust/heroism was popped. This is especially true of on use trinkets, where often the uptime is less than half what it could have been thus completely negating the benefit of bloodlust/heroism.

Now where the macro fails completely is that you lose all control. Thus I wouldn't recommend a macro. For instance if the trinket had just come off cooldown and heroism was about to be popped at phase X in the fight say 10-15 seconds later then waiting that few seconds longer would give a bigger dps boost and thus be worthwhile. It's all about actually bothering to do the calculations than stating bold facts with zero calculation to back them up.

Deleted

I personally choose to use with macro, knowing full well that i could be losing dps as described by Levva.

Why.

1. My raid leader calls for herosim, and so i can never be sure when it will be used

2. I use wolves right at the start of the fight, so popping my AP trinket at the start is ideal for this setup and at every cd (unless some odd fight reason not to)

3. not using the macro means that i run the risk that i forget to use them or wait too long.

Does it produce max dps, no probably not, but does it work relatively well, yeah i think so.

10+ Year Old Account

One minor thing:

Isn't the 21 agi 3% critdamage metagem better?
    Vol'jin fanboy

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam
    One minor thing:

Isn't the 21 agi 3% critdamage metagem better?
    For my gear the crit meta-gem and the agi meta-gem are siming at almost exactly the same dps. I suspect as I improve gear the crit one will get slightly better.