Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Paladian healing in IC

Any other holy paladins kinda happy about the tank nerfs coming? I kinda see a nice little HPS boost here with a little less over heal

Any thoughts?

Re: Paladian healing in IC

Don't spam holy light ???
    T10 buffs holy shock anyway, right?
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

No need to spam HoL in current content anyways ^ and if i could heal with only holy shock i would. well maybe not =p

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dazline
    Any other holy paladins kinda happy about the tank nerfs coming? I kinda see a nice little HPS boost here with a little less over heal

Any thoughts?
    If anything you'll see more of your healing as Overhealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    If anything you'll see more of your healing as Overhealing.
    that doesnt make much sense? less RNG based tank healing= less wasted casts on overheal?

15+ Year Old Account

that doesnt make much sense? less RNG based tank healing= less wasted casts on overheal?
    As it is now:

Tank takes 20k, and is healed for 15k from HL.

As it will be in ICC:

Tank takes a 5k hit, you don't heal.
    Tank takes another 5k hit, you prepare HL (total HP deficit: 10k)
    Tank takes a 3rd 5k hit, you heal for 15k HL- HOWEVER, they'll already will be healed from another healer most likely.

Its human nature from a Healer PoV to heal someone with a HP deficit- Unless of course you assign only 1 healer per tank. Most times another healer won't wait for the tank to take significant healing and heal with 1 spell, but rather use smaller heals during that time- Its also why I almost never have to insta-FoL myself as Ret because by the time it goes off, someone will have already healed me.

Deleted

Any thoughts?
    I just see this as a nerf to holy paladins, since holy paladins were brought to raids solely for the factor that they could drop big*ss heals on the tank regularly...

If the spiky damage is lowered we can just stand there, wait for the tank to drop down 20k and cast our HL... Heaven forbid it didnt crit so the paladin has to cast it twice!

OR the paladin could do... Luls raidhealing? Naah this is another indirect nerf to holy paladins since 1 beacon on tank is more then enough HPS on the tank then is needed, meaning bringing more than 1 holy paladin to a raid is going to hurt more than it is currently gimping the raid.
    I seriosly doubt they buff boss DPS higher than a paladins singletarget HPS.

My pally isnt based around HoL healing. I aim for consistant FoL spam, while seeking haste/crit gear. thats only reason why i see this being a plus for me. With avoidence now its seems like 1 of 3 flashes land as over heal. In my raids im only tank healer. And no one else is really needed. Seems to be working great, just make sure lights grace is always active to react to large burst quickly.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...alls&n=Dazline

idk tho it just seems like a nerf to the spike damage would suit FoL much better.

15+ Year Old Account

My pally isnt based around HoL healing. I aim for consistant FoL spam, while seeking haste/crit gear. thats only reason why i see this being a plus for me. With avoidence now its seems like 1 of 3 flashes land as over heal. In my raids im only tank healer. And no one else is really needed. Seems to be working great, just make sure lights grace is always active to react to large burst quickly.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...alls&n=Dazline

idk tho it just seems like a nerf to the spike damage would suit FoL much better.
    That could be due to not doing any Hard or Heroic Modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    That could be due to not doing any Hard or Heroic Modes.
    working on heroic modes atm, with alot already down. holding 7.5k hps in toc heroic (10 guild not quite there for 25) while keeping HL casts down to under 1/8th of my FoL. we run 25s with 4 healers only, myelf, 2 druids and a holy priest. All of which can hold 9k+ HPS on twins. Im not a new pally just a diff angle healing. 3.3k sp raid buffed, 700 haste with 47% is some nasty 8.8-9k FoL crits every 1 sec

Deleted

Looking at the mecanics of IC , FL / HS for healing bursts looks better than HL spam to me . It would probably be more efficient than essencially burning your mana for overheal.

Deleted

working on heroic modes atm, with alot already down. holding 7.5k hps in toc heroic (10 guild not quite there for 25) while keeping HL casts down to under 1/8th of my FoL. we run 25s with 4 healers only, myelf, 2 druids and a holy priest. All of which can hold 9k+ HPS on twins. Im not a new pally just a diff angle healing. 3.3k sp raid buffed, 700 haste with 47% is some nasty 8.8-9k FoL crits every 1 sec
    In the current content , FL is inferior in every way to HL with the right gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane
    In the current content , FL is inferior in every way to HL with the right gear.
    thats abit confusing. considering as gear improves. HL only does marginally. Also as gear improves less healing is needed peroid.. Providing HL is used when HL is due i dont see any reason it should be spammed with my set up. Even as were moving into 25 heroic FoL still is holding tanks up 100% of the time with no issue. If a large burts hits i toss a shock.

I think too many pallys have fallen into the generic /google oh right holy light
    spam :-\

So back to my original question. Tank nerfs helping this type of healing or no?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

the "tank nerf" is to rebalance the damage bosses are pulling. their damage will be comparable to ulduar/ulduar hardmodes (most likely) but they will hit more often

A lot of people here is exepting something kinda different from icecrown..well:

The less spiky doesnt mean that tank will be easily kept up with flash of ligth and holy shock. Iam not saying it will be impossible(i hope so because if not thats just tragic) It doesnt mean that tank will loose some % of hp per seconds, it will be still kinda random damage, but it will miss the classic : Boss hits tank, tank is on 75% hp. Healed. Boss hit tank, tank is on 10%hp. Healed. Boss hit tank, tank is on 75%..

The damage wont be so spiky as this example, but it will still be damage. They will still get hit hard(even in toc 25normal mode, tank in toc does recieve some dmg, though loldmg compared to hc). You will still have to use your holy light, because tank will still get big damage. Yu just wont see the"lol ik or what?" moments. On normal mode.

On hardmodes, iam afraid constant HL spam wont be enough

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguissa
    A lot of people here is exepting something kinda different from icecrown..well:

The less spiky doesnt mean that tank will be easily kept up with flash of ligth and holy shock. Iam not saying it will be impossible(i hope so because if not thats just tragic) It doesnt mean that tank will loose some % of hp per seconds, it will be still kinda random damage, but it will miss the classic : Boss hits tank, tank is on 75% hp. Healed. Boss hit tank, tank is on 10%hp. Healed. Boss hit tank, tank is on 75%..

The damage wont be so spiky as this example, but it will still be damage. They will still get hit hard(even in toc 25normal mode, tank in toc does recieve some dmg, though loldmg compared to hc). You will still have to use your holy light, because tank will still get big damage. Yu just wont see the"lol ik or what?" moments. On normal mode.

On hardmodes, iam afraid constant HL spam wont be enough
    Basically, instead of a 40K every 3 seconds, the Tank will get a 14K hit every second instead, which leads to overall less damage.

i think most likely it will be closer to 25k a hit making the tank requier constant heavy healing but without the debuff theyd have to make it 40k a hit or something to give it a challenge you got enough hp healers keep you up between 3rd hit easily dont have enough then wont. if we kept our current avoidance if it were lets say less than 50% of tank hp it would be no challenge to keep up but instead this allows the boss to do high dps on the tank instead of close to 1shot hits to provide a challenge for keeping up on healers end.

flash during down times in damage when tank is topped off. or when doing regular modes and 10 mans.

hl when damage is coming in higher (boss special abilities) and hard mode 25's.

don't think this will change much as this is how it's been since ulduar. anyone saying flash is enough, they are right, flash is enough for reg 25's and reg and hard 10's. but u need to be able to maintain hl spam much longer in 25 man hard modes.

Flash of light kills tanks.

The only hard fight in current content is anub hm and goodluck casting only flash of light on that.

The output for holy light is close to 50 percent more than fol and scales better with gear due to spell power coefficient and haste cap.

@dazline how come you are gemmed for int if you are a fol build and your spell power is at 2400 even in bis gear i dont see fol hitting for 9k. what happened tried hms and went holy light.

The question will be when to stop stacking int and go haste for output because i have a feeling pallies will hit 40k mana in icc stacking int unbuffed and that seems like way overkill.

Actually nm looked at the bis list seems like 45k might be possible in icc hms