Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Retribution PvP Arena tips please!

Your only chance is running with a shaman who knows his/her shit. Make sure ur helpful spells are used for the shaman. Your job is to have a spec that does the most dmg and use cc well. Warrior/healer will be challenge and sometimes rogue/priest. When I was a shaman he melee'd and heal cause I judge wisdom or light.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Don't be discouraged by being ret this season. Hunters are doing better than rets, and there's almost as many prot warriors in arens as rets doing well.

This is not a very good season for ret.
    to be honest, rets are below where they were before wotlk.
    - bubble got nerfed and is dispelable by priest and warrior.
    - with all changes togeter, soc does the same damage as it did with lvl 70. (and stupid new cleave makes it bad for arena)
    - avengeing wrath (wings) got nerfed from 30% to 20% damage bonus
    - freedom got nerfed (4 secs lesser duraion)
    - stun got nerfed (longer cd)
    - 2h weapons are much harder to obtain. (no more craftable weapons or buyable pvp weapons) -> this hurts damage the most for rets

what we got:
    - sacred shield, for most ret its 2k absorbed damage every 6 secs, soon to be every 30 secs.
    50% enhanced chance to crit with flash heal
    - divine storm, aoe damage attack similar to whirlwind from warrior, + small heal
    - divine sacrifice, get hurt to lessen damage on others

we go our offense destroyed, and defense nerfed, got some slight defense buff @80, and get our defense destroyed now too. and yet people cry to nerf ret pallies more, because we are so faceroll and can do arena 1vs2 to 3k rating.

ret pallies are now the class with the smallest burst damage in wow history ever.

i have a dk, warrior and rogue too. all do 5x more burst then my ret. friend plays warlock and ele sham, and tehy fucking burst even more. ever seen a warrior drop in 2 secs by a destrolock hitting only 3 button? that not burst damage, and super skillfull right?

i can see where rets are going. they will wear to shields which they can merge to fully shelter there body, and from inside the taunt you. they will transfer all damage to them from the party, and everyone who attacks them gets healed for the damage they did x 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Ret/Healer isn't viable in 2v2 (Im assuming that is what you are doing).

Still gem/enchant for STR/AP, using the necessary gems for socket bonuses if desired. Usually in 2s a Ret runs with another DPS for either a cleave team or to Zug Zug tunnel vision on one teammate.
    Ret/healer is viable in 2v2, and I played it. But maybe something has change.
    Note: I played after Crus. strike nerf etc. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ranishka
    Ret/healer is viable in 2v2, and I played it. But maybe something has change.
    Note: I played after Crus. strike nerf etc. ^^
    You must be the most patient person in the world.
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Ret/Healer isn't viable in 2v2 (Im assuming that is what you are doing).

Still gem/enchant for STR/AP, using the necessary gems for socket bonuses if desired. Usually in 2s a Ret runs with another DPS for either a cleave team or to Zug Zug tunnel vision on one teammate.

1) Forget socket bonus you want str gems. and here is a tip what u do as a ret, is co-ordinate your cc with hard switches.... specially against healer/dps, start on the dps just put enough presure to make the healer come out and really focus on healing the dps dont go all out so the healer doesnt know how hard you hit.... then when you see the healer at its weakest ( shield is gone or no hots on them ) chain cc then dps....make a hard switch on the healer with help from ur healer...those will make them blow trinkets and cooldowns... now you have to wait a minute to do the same thing over again and get the kill while they have no trinkets and cooldowns.

2) Healer/Ret can be very viable but you will have to be ok with doing 20 min games its the reason i switched to from ret to protret i am putting away an awsome 245 2hander for a sucky ass 1 hander and shield lol for 2s with the shield silence and 30 sec stuns it helps alot and u still do decent damage and not be as squishy as ret.... but for 3v3 i just started doing games with a rdruid and a warrior we did about 40 games or somthing now at 1650 and chugging along. so for the most fun as RET do 3s. last season I did ret/rogue/discpriest it was hella fun went 2243 this season we just started so hopefully we do decent again...