Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Re: Quel'Delar: The Sister Blade

Quote Originally Posted by ajboarder
    the wep will most undoutedly come in different forms that we choose while reforging it, one or two with sp, one or 2 with ap, and one defensive blade. the 5 man icc gear is max 232 ilvl. so the sword and tradeable weps will most assuredly be 232.

im sure the shards will drop more often than indicated. probably at least once in every icc 5 man heroic dungeon and players will roll for it.
    I don't get your logic, you kill a boss you get a lvl 232 weapon, you bust your ass to finish a long questline you get a lvl 232 weapon, not really logical if you ask me, and remembre you're not in pre-bc wow, blizzard wants everyone to get to end-game content so they're making things way easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistraz
    Looked around on the ptr and found the "this item begins a quest" for this item. The objective of the quest is at the beginning just to fly around in Icecrown and talk to ppl.
    Then when you've done with that part you'll get a quest to forge the sword in pit of saron. To do this you must first kill the forgemaster which I did 2 man dual-boxing shaman/dk.
    The following part is from what I understand from the questlog (I'm on this part) the last part. To complete this quest you must go to forge of souls and "empower" your reforged sword.
    I tried this with my dual-boxing team but I gave up after some whipes, think I'll just get some friends to help me with this.

Where is the forge of souls? Is that a 5 man wing or the first wing of ICC?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Screw the Quel'delar, I want Frostmorne! :-X
    [size=1] Can't take requests for sigs atm

I'd be dissapointed if it didn't at least replace my t2 relentless spellblade. Even if it comes mainly from IC 5 mans it requires enough time investment that the reward should be at the very least 262

Quote Originally Posted by Hexus
    Regrettable that it wouldn't be a legendary, it makes a far better story than Shadowmourne.
    Just cause it was once a weapon that was nice and now its broken doesn't make it beat shadowmourne. Shadowmourne is you and Darion Mograine actually making your own "Legendary." That in itself is pretty cool because it's pretty much the first time that an orange is being put into the game that didnt formerly belong to anyone else, your basically creating a "legend" as you get closer to finishing Shadowmourne.

Cooler then some hand-me down blade from a bunch of fail bloodelves who got face stomped by the lich king and then got all emo and broke it. (Go figure a BE being emo).

Am i the only one thinking this will be another way for players to get a weapon on par with ulduar HM or Totc come 3.3.

Remember we haven't had weapons (not counting wands) on the badge vendors since 3.0 and even then it was only off-hands.

If they are truly wanting to open up the content to more people this gives a way for people to grab a weapon who have either been unlucky with raid drops, or who are newer to end game and perhaps wont have the opportunity to farm raids before heading for icc.

It also adds a bit more flavour to the weapon than just farming heroics for triumphs.

I thought the new 5 man dropped 232 and heroic 245?

The search begins soon...(tm)
    I see what u did there

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    Where is the forge of souls? Is that a 5 man wing or the first wing of ICC?
    It's one of the five man instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluana
    new 5man must be a joke if you 2manned it...
    Ye it is, soloed one boss with a paladin

A screenshot from the PTR, Lana'thel visiting Quel'Delar's rest, part of the reforging questline.
    Im kind of amazed, she's really short.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    It was during this time that the battle-hardened warrior Lana'thel stumbled upon Quel'Delar
    its a tank weapon
    Dps warriors
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by cvbnmme4th
    Dps warriors
    Careful not to read too much in to that. For a start at the time of the defence of the Sunwell and Illidan and Kael's assault on the frozen throne the high elves were addicted to magic, ergo there were no warriors (It's the reason Belves can't play warriors currently). Secondly, even if there were, warrior doesn't necessarily indicate the class, it could just be a generic term for fighter. I believe I've been called a warrior of the horde in several quests despite the fact I'm a druid.

I'm hoping since it's such a cool lore sword that it will indeed be really rare, and further that since it's apparently awesome if the person who's reforging it can indeed use it as a sword they'll get a slightly better weapon than those who trade it for generic fare with their respective factions. Also I'm interested about the sister sword, since I've never noticed it. Is it already in game somewhere or carried by a boss or something?

Nevermind, found the relevant info on wowwikki. That suggests to me that these two would be the only prismatic blades worked on by all five flights. Also says something about Frostmourne given that it's able to overpower something created by all five flights combined.

Shards will be available for emblems of frost.

Calling it now..

epic sick rogue weapon imo
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadow+Council&n=Divineknight
    http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/5593/divineknightsignature.jpg

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

completly fail !

We will find a piece of whatever with a very low drop rate in this new Raid and then you can start a quest.
    Every class can take this piece and will be able to wield whatever... this can be exchanged in the new sword or in whatever...

This is fail.

If there will be a epic questline that requires a lot of material and so on for a lost epic Blade then this will be the reward. The Blade, nothing more nothing less. Otherwise you can just name this cool story "Another epic for free Quest".

I am more than disappointed about this new Quest. Blizzard epiy fail No.... ? I can´t remeber.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    completly fail !

We will find a piece of whatever with a very low drop rate in this new Raid and then you can start a quest.
    Every class can take this piece and will be able to wield whatever... this can be exchanged in the new sword or in whatever...

This is fail.

If there will be a epic questline that requires a lot of material and so on for a lost epic Blade then this will be the reward. The Blade, nothing more nothing less. Otherwise you can just name this cool story "Another epic for free Quest".

I am more than disappointed about this new Quest. Blizzard epiy fail No.... ? I can´t remeber.

What the fuck are you even talking about? This wont be easy to get. Nerd rage is fun.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

No it won´t be easy to get the drop. The other stuff will be easy to get.

And then you can start an epic quest all abaout the lost sister sword Quel Delar.
    In the end you can just select what you want.. the sword or whatever will be useful.

That´s fail..

The quest should be all about Quel Delar and this item will be obtained after completng this quest.
    Let´s saa it in other words: You will find an epic drop in a Boss. Why the fuck is it still the same shit that Shaman items drops even is there is no Shaman in the raid ? To keep the drill and the will to kill bosses... That´s it.
    If we change this to get the item you need all day, we will be finished very soon.

You have to get Quel Delar... If it is not this way I can imagine that all classes will roll on the Quel Delar start item because everyone can use it in the end. That will be fun..

The day will come we will see the stats of this sword and the class releated to the sword will say HURRA... this is it but I will never get it because everyone can use it... How funny will that be...

15+ Year Old Account

meh, minor upgrade from 10man heroic toc dagger =(