Is ret back to lolret or I'm doing something wrong?

is it really normal that a druid can keep himself at 100% while i sit on him?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...+Blade&n=Camry

please take a look at my armory and tell me what is wrong

Re: Is ret back to lolret or I'm doing something wrong?

your a dwarf???

no single dps should be able to kill and equally geared/skilled healer alone.
    you have no interrupts and resto druids are op as hell right now.
    get a rogue or frost mage partner and tear him up.

right now it seems like a gear issue. Your gear is decent but its not the best. then again whos is? ;p regardless one thing that would help would begem for reg str only. no matter what socket. the socket bonus is squat compaires to the heaps of str this would provide. But as of now and your current state. Use seal of corruption and just train the druid to 5 stacks. then use wings or if you have the money pop wings with berserker. Alwayse remember. STR is your best friend ;p alwayse take it over crit.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

Ret is by no means "lolret" but tree's are indeed powerful healers and your gear is frankly shit. Look at my sig and understand that only if a) I outgear the druid and b) get lucky between stun/torrent/Repentence can I down a druid healer solo.

Were not lolret, but were not zomgipwnyounewbsauce either.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

It's impossible to kill a PVP geared tree without an MS debuff, especially as melee. They get 40-45% physical damage mitigation in tree form.... + another ~15% from resil... + another 12% from 3 stacks of natural perfection.

But to answer your question... In PVP ret is pretty much back to lolret, especially when going up against healers because you can't MS them, you can't really burst them unless they are stunned for a good 20-30 seconds, and you can't interrupt them (lol 1 min CDs).
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Your gemming is fail, get 2 blue gems and rest deck out in pure strength.
    I cant has cheezburgar :'(

15+ Year Old Account

See now it's definitely not impossible to kill a Tree without MS it's just not possible to do it as Ret.

That Tree has 750 Res and died between HoJ'ing his Priest, Blowing AW + AS + SotR + HotR and last but not least Judgement! I can solo healers all day long as Prot healers that would generally laugh at me and go afk as Ret. So as a matter of fact ret is as close to lolret as it's been in quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital
    See now it's definitely not impossible to kill a Tree without MS it's just not possible to do it as Ret.
    It's not possible to SOLO a tree as any spec of any melee class without MS (not counting stunlock openings by druids or rogues). It's very possible to kill a tree without MS, given a coordinated team.

(I don't see you killing a tree in that pic. And given where you are and what I can see around you, you probably died shortly after without killing the tree. Or the priest. Or, even if that was a killing blow on the tree, you didn't do it alone. I can see the lock debuffs.)

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    It's not possible to SOLO a tree as any spec of any melee class without MS (not counting stunlock openings by druids or rogues). It's very possible to kill a tree without MS, given a coordinated team.

(I don't see you killing a tree in that pic. And given where you are and what I can see around you, you probably died shortly after without killing the tree. Or the priest. Or, even if that was a killing blow on the tree, you didn't do it alone. I can see the lock debuffs.)
    Oh I killed him and the Priest and returned the Flag, the Lock put up CoE and the DoT and never got a following cast off. It doesn't matter that if you believe it or not, There will always be people like you who just don't feel it's possible. I have seen it and I have done it it's perfectly possible just not as Ret.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital
    Oh I killed him and the Priest and returned the Flag.
    Actually, I had my sides turned around. For some reason I thought you were in the horde FR.

BG trees will vary. I've 3 shot them before as Ret. Then I've seen other trees in BGs who solo defended a flag in AB against 4-5 opponents. You'll get the same variance in arena, but you'll quickly stop playing against the squishy ones as you rise in the rankings.

Generally speaking, ret cannot kill an equally geared tree 1v1 once both are properly pvp geared. Nor can Prot.

did 2v2 10gamesb4reset the other day with a resto druid friend. I was retadin vs 2 rogues.

Ret aura + thorns, i died instantly. aura persists through death, he killed both rogues with thorns and doomfire when they tried to run.

druids are crazy without manaburn
    more classes need it :P or at least gimp mana regen in arenas

15+ Year Old Account

Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much. ~attributed to Oscar Wilde

Then how would you do it right?

Quote Originally Posted by trazer985

more classes need it :P or at least gimp mana regen in arenas
    Mana regen has already been gimped in arenas... Through replenishment only being able to affect yourself. Mana regen through gear has improved though.... It kinda makes sense though since dps gear gets buffed, it wouldn't make sense to buff dps and nerf mana regen for healers now would it?
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

You might need to stack more ToC 25/Togc 10 gear (Easy to get in a semi-hardcore guild)

You cant really fight the semi hardcores without being a semi hardcore yourself. You can, Just your at a disadvantage.
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.