Thread: Weapons in PvP

Weapons in PvP

I was wondering how much of a difference weapons make in pvp.

Im doing arena with my warrior partner who has 2 relentless pieces, full relentless off set the arp bonus from 2 piece tier 9 and has about 62% armor pen in total ( mace spec , set bonus etc )

but he has the iron soul mace from 10 man Ulduar.

If he were to get the 1800 relentless weapon would his pressuring ability and damage sky rocket?

Is he being bottlenecked by the weapon he has atm?

I ask because we were playing vs a warrior druid team, and their warrior was beating the living shit out of me ( 950 resi 2300 sp ) and i believe he had an ilvl 245 sword but only had furious / deadly gear

and my warrior wasnt putting as much pressure on their druid, who looked like he had lesser gear than me.

before you say L2p we ended up beating them on some cyclone LoS tactics

any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: Weapons in PvP

Adding DPS on the weapon is equivalent to gaining attack power, the scaling being 14AP <-> 1dps

The difference here would be about 40 DPS, translating into 40x14 = 560AP

If you want to experience the difference, ask your Warr to duel you with B-Shout and C-Shout, it won't be huge, but it will be noticeable (500AP should give him anywhere between 5 and 10% extra damage)!

Edit: about the pressure, the druid kiting skill and your warrior reaction time to hit his spamstring button are 500x more important then the dps from his weapon

Re: Weapons in PvP

cool nice one