Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Help]Cant get past 6-7k

Just as the thread says, I cant get past 6 - 7k dps, I'm an agi-oriented MM huntard, but I cant Seem to get past that point.

Crit?-> Arcane Shot.-> Aimed Shot.->Steady x1-2-> CS - - - > repeat
    | / ^
    My Rotation is : SS->CS ->Cooldowns
    \ \/
    No Crit? -> Aimed Shot.->Arcane Shot->Steady x1-2-> CS - - ->repeat
    My ussual lag is around 150ms
    My ussual FPS is around 6-11
    My Huntard
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Re: [Help]Cant get past 6-7k

EDIT: Didn't see your FPS, that can cause major problems. Not necessarily with DPS, but with moving in and out of stuff/positioning. I'm usually running with 10-ish FPS in 10-man raids if I'm on my laptop, and it barely works.

EDIT2: If you want to change your FPS without changing your computer, you can try getting a new graphics card, or simply updating all your drivers. Your problem might simply lie there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Keller

Deleted

This. You can't get the very best dps your gear and skills would provide at such a low framerate. If you were above 20fps while raiding, your max dps would improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly
    This. You can't get the very best dps your gear and skills would provide at such a low framerate. If you were above 20fps while raiding, your max dps would improve.
    well my pc is pretty old, ATI radeon X1650 ; 1536Mb RAM 400 DDR. 2.6 Athlon
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Upgrade your video card. You can buy a quality card online that can cut through wows graphics pretty easily for 50-75 bucks. You'll see an upgrade in your survivability and dps.

If you have the money upgrade your processor and ram too, but not TOO important.

Oh, and get armor pen.

Problems solved.

Your rotation is nice, I am unsure about the piercing shots variation but it may actually be worth it. Your FPS and your glyphs are the things you need to look into it. Kill Shot and SS are no-brainers and according various spreadsheets and femaledwarf site, TS aura is more DPS that SteadyShot and Chim Shot.

Regem a bit as well, using 10ag/15 stamina to get 8 ag bonus is a 2 ag loss when the dust settles.

Also, pop your CDs before the first Chimera, should make you perform better. I like to apply the sting on the pull, find my spot for the fight, give tyhe tank 1-2 GCD to build some initial threat then blow it all away and use Chim, Aimed Arc, FD into readiness and all over again.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Also, if your mana is good, which should be at this level , get one point from Imp Steady to Silencing Shot. Macro the thinkg into all of your shots so you are using it in every cooldown. Silencing shot is off the GCD now so it's a nice little bonus.

Deleted

MM goes along arp if you wana see numbers, regem get some arp proc trinket and you will see.

Maybe I'm being stupid but I fail to see the point of the rotation variation you posted. Second, I have a hard time believing you haven't overgrown arcane shot at your gear level. Third, 10 FPS while raiding is a severe handicap.

the most stupid mistake you can make since the arp nerf is to gem arp without seriously(!) having incredibly nice gear (meaning to be at least soft-capped without gemming)!

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray
    the most stupid mistake you can make since the arp nerf is to gem arp without seriously(!) having incredibly nice gear (meaning to be at least soft-capped without gemming)!
    ^this. Somewhere around 800-900 ArP is required without gemming, so its like in super BiS gear. And as an ArP hunter you should NOT have an ArP trinket, because by the time ArP becomes > Agi, the ArP proc from the trinket will bring you way over 100%, so most will be wasted.

EDIT: And why do you fire a different shot based on if you crit or not? I dont really see the use of that... Also, you should probably drop Arcane anyways.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

I still do just about as much dps as I should be doing, and my fps is is only 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrizesu
    I still do just about as much dps as I should be doing, and my fps is is only 7.
    Ive raided at 7 fps before, and I can tell you for a fact that is wrong. My DPS went up dramatically when i reformatted my hard drive and my FPS in raids went up to 40. I use a mod that tracks all my shot CDs, and it was pretty clear even visually that I was getting all my shots off with much better timing one after the other. At 7 fps I would have small gaps inbetween the shots, with 40 fps the gaps disappeared and everything fit together.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Ive raided at 7 fps before, and I can tell you for a fact that is wrong. My DPS went up dramatically when i reformatted my hard drive and my FPS in raids went up to 40. I use a mod that tracks all my shot CDs, and it was pretty clear even visually that I was getting all my shots off with much better timing one after the other. At 7 fps I would have small gaps inbetween the shots, with 40 fps the gaps disappeared and everything fit together.
    Yeah, luckily quartz smoothens out my casts. I still do around my spread sheet damage. I plan on getting a new videocard soon here. All of my equipment is five years+.

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray
    Blah I gemed my twink for it, 744 now with GT and DPS in 25 raids is around 7k. And for a Twink, who is wrong gems!, that is good.

get a new graphics card

Quote Originally Posted by MilkaMaus
    Blah I gemed my twink for it, 744 now with GT and DPS in 25 raids is around 7k. And for a Twink, who is wrong gems!, that is good.
    Twink? wtf?
    [19:41:18] [S] [85:Furial:1]: If I were told in vanilla that one day hunters would be able to res 24 people in 1 go I would have quit the game

yes?

What fights are you seeing this on? Or are you talking overall dps for the night?