Thread: Spec for 3.3?

Spec for 3.3?

For some reason the PTR won't download for my computer so I have been wondering if anyone has tested some spec and if any of them are better than our current destro spec.

I do see 0/41/30 being a possible end-game spec as well as deep demo but has any1 tested out the spec yet?

Re: Spec for 3.3?

Its on EJ forumns:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t48311-s...s_3_3_numbers/

Apparently afflic is bk on the agenda, as being the most competitive with a 55/00/16 build. This Build according to the sim.craft testing, has buffed this afflic spec
    by 1k dps (pretty significant). It is tested with BiS Coliseum gear!

Its also not including the new gear atm so...with the t10 bonuses catering more or less towards the builds I talked about earlier...is it possible 2 do a spec switch once u get gear...kinda like the demo/destro hybrid to full destro in 3.1?

Once we get a list of the BiS ICC gear, than it mite change. But when 3.3 hits, this spec will certainly be advisable, until
    better gear proves to better accomodate the demo, destro or hyprib build.

True true...

Though in your professional lock opinion what do you think would be good? im thinking the hybrid spec would be pretty beast once u gear up

When I look only on the numbers I would prefer deep demo with 3/3 mc to the 41/30 build because you bring good raid buffs doing nearly the same (a little more) dps. Compared to the top spec Affli you have only a difference of ~500 dps ... not as much as before but a lot easier execute phase which might close the gap in some fights and make the them similar dps-wise.

The other common specs e.g. the 2 destro specs are near to the top spec too though in my opinion I would bring one demolock and rest what they can handle best or perhaps swap spec for different encounters.

I didn't test the specs on ptr but played affli, deep demo and destro during our raids and I enjoy the changes which gives affli and demo a boost in 3.3 not forcing s.o.to play destro to be competitive. Personaly I think I'll go deep demo in 25 man raids and affli or destro in 10 man to compensate the 3% hit which I lose in our 10 man group with suppression.

Just looking at the fights in ICC so far:
    Rotface has a bit of movement and a bit of target switching - all specs should do well here
    Festergut looks like it is just stand and shoot - all specs should do well here
    Lord Marrowgore looks like there is a bit of movement and target switching to low hp targets - affliction will do decent damage to the boss, but won't be any help in killing the spikes
    Gunship thing looks like there is a lot of movement, a lot of target switching and relatively low hp targets, I expect affliction to be pretty bad on this fight. Maybe seed of corruption spam will make affliction do well on this fight.
    Lady Deathwhisper has a lot of adds and a little movement - affliction will do well if you are really good at keeping your dots rolling on multiple targets. Other specs will do well if you have arms.
    Sindragosa doesn't appear to have any mechanics that would favor one spec over the others
    Valithria Dreamwalker has a lot of adds that have relatively low hp which is bad for affliction.

So, from what has been seen so far on the ptr, it looks like there are a couple fights where affliction could do well if you are good at affliction and good at rolling dots on multiple targets. Demo and destro shouldn't have any trouble on any of the fights. It seems to me that for affliction to do well, a lot of things need to fall into place whereas demo and destro just have to show up. Affliction might be the #1 dps spec in simcraft, but if you expect to spec affliction and immediately start beating demo and destro locks on these boss encounters, you are going to be very disappointed.

Yeah, if you really look at EJ you'll see that the damage difference between specs is extremely low now. That makes Demo the dominant spec for the first Lock in a raid by a large amount. After that it will depend on the fight. Demo will be great on any fight with lots of low health targets (more SF), or any fight with multiple targets in general (Imm Aura, cleave), Destro will do good on any fight with lots of medium health adds, or enough adds to drop RoF a lot. Afflic will do 'okay' on add fights and will be spectacular on any fight where they can multi-DoT. They'll all do good on tank-n-spank fights.

That said 41/30 and 40/31 are both looking viable still and a few other gimmick specs are as well. It's looking like 55/0/16, 0/13/58 (and 3/13/54+1), and the MC variant of 0/56/15 are the standouts. It's just that in making Demo competitive on DPS they've now created a utility spec that isn't losing personal DPS. Pretty much a required spec for raids now.

Well I love demo a lot...I made it a personal promise to do content and be viable as demo in this game *I did kill illidan as demo...but that was with the health nerf....while still a big accomplishment I don't think that would count*

So if deep demo is decent dps in ICC I will def roll with it!

Sorry for the double post...seeing as this is a futile attempt to boost my post count..

Since we have established demo being a good contenter for dps and the fact I <3 demo...Im gonna take a guess as the rotation

Corr/Imm/curse/SB till molten core/Incin till molten core goes away/Soul Fire at 35% till you collect loot

Obv you keep up corr/imm/curse when needbe.

The rotation seems fine, but unless your doing CoD I'd suggest CoW/CoE as the first spell

Why did you come in here asking for a professional opinion when you've clearly already got your heart set on deep demo?

Play what you enjoy, play it to the best the spec can possibly be played, and be happy. If you're not a world contender, don't worry about what does 10 more dps, you're just stressing yourself out for no reason. As long as you're coming in on the meters with the other warlocks and mages, and staying ahead of the caster hybrids, you've got nothing to worry about.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.