Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Where is Enh PVP?

enh shaman currently has 3 basic ( pretty good ) pvp abilities

wind shear ( because it´s on low cooldown and you can use it on range )
    purge ( even though it doesn´t hurt as much as it did with tbc, you can still annoy casters with it )
    wolves ( although the stun is pretty much uncontrollable, the sprint is a cooldown on a cooldown and the taunt is totally useless, the damage and heal is pretty good )

other than that, we have some pvp totems ( with every of them being nerfed through wow history )
    tremor - increased time between ticks -> you get feared out of totem range every time
    nova - stun gets removed with 3.3
    earthbind - earthern power nerf
    grounding - gets destroyed through non damaging spells
    cleansing - doesn´t immidiately anymore

i admit there there powerful abilities in our répertoire, but they had to make up for our squishyness, uncontrollable burst and non existent crowdcontrol

you can beat casters with a little practice ( except frostmages in general, or really good locks )

other melees will devour you alive ( and with the assistance of melees, casters will as well )
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account

Enh is fairly meh atm. Better than it was in all of BC, not as great as it was near the beginning of the season when it had lolearthernfaceroll. Obviously if your running an op comp, you aren't going to have to do a damn thing as enh(e.g. beastcleave, even after its nerfed state is pretty powerful and largely only requires you to zerg something excessively fast). However, if you play a different comp or bracket, youll see that enh is not as faceroll as many say.

Largely a reason why i enjoy doing 2's with my frostmage friend more than anything else. And speaking of, im not sure how you lose to a frost mage as enh, granted you are both of equal skill. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by IhatePvE
    Show me OP setup with enh. 3-3 Op is RMP(RLS), in 5-5 its wizardcleave with elem in it, 2-2 is shit, so...? enh team = melee, or beastcleave, where you cant have enoth cc/surv to beat decent setups named above.
    There are several teams running beastcleave, that is Enh shaman, BM hunter, Holy Pally that are over 2.5. One such example

http://www.wowarmory.com/team-info.x...Its+Not+Cleave

There are handfuls of teams in the 2-2.5k bracket running this comp. It is ESPECIALLY good against RMP, in fact I would say its a perfect counter, my 3v3 team rarely looses to RMP. RLS is harder but very beatable in this comp. I can't think of the name of the team, or what tournament it was, but last season a team won an MLG tournament running this comp, beating out several RMP/RLS comps

Quote Originally Posted by Clous17
    Largely a reason why i enjoy doing 2's with my frostmage friend more than anything else. And speaking of, im not sure how you lose to a frost mage as enh, granted you are both of equal skill. /shrug
    Its funny you say that because a good frost mage is one of the only things that can really beat me in a duel... that and a good mut rogue (that vanishes when i pop wolves and waits till they die). I guess it all depends on if I have wolves. I can beat most specs without them but against a frost mage I don't stand a chance without wolves. Just too much CC and no charge. Thats just me...

the tools an enhancers ha against frosty:

purge his shield
    interrupt his casts on range
    swallow spells with grounding
    4k absorb stoneclaw
    slow removal earthern power
    trinket
    wolves removing slow/freez up to two times during their uptime, healing the shaman, damaging you

the tools an frosty has against enh:

purge shield: doesn´t matter, except shocks, the shaman wont be able to do much damage
    interrupt: freeze-stun him, silence him. it´s not interruptable and makes him unable to stop your shatter combo/polymorph
    grounding:gone with 1 icelance
    stoneclaw:4k is so few in damage that´s it´s mostly gone right after it´s use
    earthern power: removing slows isn´t bad, but as it´s mostly freeze we´re talking about here it doesn´t really do anything
    trinket: freeze him again
    wolves: freeze them, and freeze them again after they start their sprint

the only way out is avoiding two´s and having a paladin partner for freedom blessing
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

enhance has been a joke in pvp for a while. even shadowpriests laugh at enhance shaman

i've got both and they're just crap in pvp right now

when your cds are gone, you're gone, plain and simple.

you can offensively dispel but that's about the extent of your worth. people are gonna kite/snare your wolves and burn you down. even with 1k resilience, enhance shaman go down FAST

thing with elemental is that they have a ridiculous burst (40k damage in the opening sequence is nothing), they can burn a healer up in the right combo. enhance can't do that

mine is a bank alt

It depends a lot on your partners in arenas. Was beating 2.1/2.2 MMR rated teams regurarly on 1950 ratint last season in 3's with Priest/mage/enha ( were ripping RMP's a part). Enha is definately powerfull and able to get over 2.2k in any setup if the other partner can also burst and has at least 1 silence or a stun.

Quote Originally Posted by asterics
    It depends a lot on your partners in arenas.... Enha is definately powerfull and able to get over 2.2k in any setup if the other partner can also burst and has at least 1 silence or a stun.
    I agree with this completely, and is maybe the most important point when considering if you want to PvP as enhancement. BGing is fun as hell once you get gear. Arena really comes down to if you have people that are willing to work with you to really learn how to play with an enh. Its not like playing a warrior or DK where people already know the strats and such. Patience on your teammates parts is the biggest thing, and you can get well over 2k

Quote Originally Posted by Blooth
    AHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA ... Oh wait! This guy is serious... Enh shaman is easiest spec to play just after ret. I heard 2.5k rated enh shaman saying this and there was 2.3k rated enh shaman also agreeing w/ him there, then comes our PvE hero in mmo-champion saying that it has high skill cap, i lold.
    Ya... timing grounding totems, Wind Shear'n, purging, kiting, cleansing, hexing, healing, proactive totem usage... Yep totally faceroll, my mistake.

Of course someone with a 2.5k rating is going to think PvP is easy. That's like asking a mathematician is long division is difficult...
    Baretta M92 Custom Praiyachat Sword Cutlass Special
    Starcaller Renzokuken, 80 Dwarf Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by ghrunt
    There are several teams running beastcleave, that is Enh shaman, BM hunter, Holy Pally that are over 2.5. One such example

http://www.wowarmory.com/team-info.x...Its+Not+Cleave

There are handfuls of teams in the 2-2.5k bracket running this comp. It is ESPECIALLY good against RMP, in fact I would say its a perfect counter, my 3v3 team rarely looses to RMP. RLS is harder but very beatable in this comp. I can't think of the name of the team, or what tournament it was, but last season a team won an MLG tournament running this comp, beating out several RMP/RLS comps
    Ok, sry., looks like i was wrong, thx 4 info. Any chanse to get those "mlg winners" movies?..

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

I have canned my Enh PVP spec now, it was just too frustrating. Switched to Resto. I still use my PVE spec with PVP gear in WG and BG's when I want to have a bit of fun. The wolves are still cool.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

IDK if there is something wrong with by brain but...

I cant stand PvPing as anything other than Enh.

Resto is boring and I'm not that good at it either.

Ele is fun in BGs, but I find it extremely annoying to play in Arenas. I just die. Might be the setup though.

As Enh I can survive and actually kill stuff. Just Focus-Shock stuff, Purge like mad and kite when needed. Totem management is the same in all specs.

Idk, maybe there's something wrong with me then.

Quote Originally Posted by DesolatedMaggot
    At the moment, Enh is pretty much in the toliet. It's not impossible to succeed, as some may have you believe but it is more challenging. The lack of control combined with our low survivability makes us a pretty flimsy class to go toe to toe with other melee. Also lacking an ability to close distance hurts. Ranged classes with powerful slows (mage, hunter, afflock) can still kite you to no end with just a little bit of know how. Due to this, we take a lot of damage so resil is a must. You'll need about 850-900 til you really start to suvive long enough to take out good/geared players.

It is prefectly possible to beat all the above but it takes a lot more work than most. Knowing when to run and heal, when to apply pressure, when to wind shear, what totems to drop, etc.
    no matter how good enhance is, you need your teammates to be really good and the opposition to be inferior.

about the same with shadowpriests, they don't win vs anything but inferior competition, but more often than not, YOU are the inferior one based on class/spec

it is all about skill (practice, practice and practice). ok i do admit that earning gladiator as enh sham is way harder than some other classes/specces but i've seen some enh that were very high in every arena bracket. Enh is hard to play in pvp, its challenging... but isnt it what matters ?

just get 2k in 2's with mage

Windsower
    Sporeggar EU