Thread: Haste or Crit?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Haste or Crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Evictoray
    This is wrong. A Purified Dreadstone in a blue socket with a SP bonus is preferred, even after the meta is satisfied.
    depending on the bonus for instance http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48030 (has hit, thus dps item) int socket bonus, not worth socketing a purified dreadstone
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

A Purified Dreadstone in a blue socket with a SP bonus is preferred, even after the meta is satisfied.
    A quick side note here, even though I don't know if it's been mentioned somewhere already:

To see if a blue socket is worth the Purified Dreadstone (12 Spellpower + 10 Spirit) you can do a piece of math so simple, even I can perform it:

Fel Armor converts 30% of your spirit into Spellpower, if skilled 39% (~ 40%).

12 Spellpower + [10 Spirit * 0.3 =] 3 = 15 Spellpower.
    12 Spellpower + [10 Spirit * 0.4 =] 4 = 16 Spellpower.
    Now add the socket bonus to that.

Compare to: 23 Spellpower (purely red stone).
    23 - 16 = 7

So: If the socket bonus is 7 Spellpower or more, the Purified pays off.

This was just to show some interested people how easy it can at times be to determine what socket you should choose. It is, however, not that easy when it comes to stats like crit or haste, although it should turn out roughly the same.

As I said: just a quick side note.

Edited for the words "side note" ... my god...I should go to bed..."site-note" *shakes his head*

Quote Originally Posted by BartolGdH
    A quick site-note here, even though I don't know if it's been mentioned somewhere already:

To see if a blue socket is worth the Purified Dreadstone (12 Spellpower + 10 Spirit) you can do a piece of math so simple, even I can perform it:

Fel Armor converts 30% of your spirit into Spellpower, if skilled 39% (~ 40%).

12 Spellpower + [10 Spirit * 0.3 =] 3 = 15 Spellpower.
    12 Spellpower + [10 Spirit * 0.4 =] 4 = 16 Spellpower.
    Now add the socket bonus to that.

Compare to: 23 Spellpower (purely red stone).
    23 - 16 = 7

So: If the socket bonus is 7 Spellpower or more, the Purified pays off.

This was just to show some interested people how easy it can at times be to determine what socket you should choose. It is, however, not that easy when it comes to stats like crit or haste, although it should turn out roughly the same.

As I said: just a quick site-note.
    youre forgetting life tap which has a pretty decent uptime, lord jsomething one of the most realistic tank and spank fights to test your dps
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...?s=3732&e=4088
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    youre forgetting life tap
    Oops, you're right. My mistake.

I also forgot the scaling factor of the priest's spirit buff and blessing of kings.

It still turns out the same way anyway, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by BartolGdH
    Oops, you're right. My mistake.

I also forgot the scaling factor of the priest's spirit buff and blessing of kings.

It still turns out the same way anyway, doesn't it?
    turns to be better, i roughly go for 5+ spell bonus for the blue socket

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    depending on the bonus for instance http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48030 (has hit, thus dps item) int socket bonus, not worth socketing a purified dreadstone
    If you go back and look, I said "SP bonus"

Also, if you run your personal stat weights, most people can benefit from a Purified Dreadstone down to a +5SP bonus.

If you go back and look, I said "SP bonus"

Also, if you run your personal stat weights, most people can benefit from a Purified Dreadstone down to a +5SP bonus.
    sorry misread it there, pretty late here and really tired

I always heard hastes > crit. Because you get some crit modifiers from talents I suppose.
    Also, you can lose some hit ^_^ Way over raid cap.
    F.ex 18 spirit or Tuskarr's Vitality on boots.