Thread: Arena Radiance?

Arena Radiance?

Chill of the Throne: Reduces the dodge chance of all enemies affected by Chill of the Throne by 20%.

For anyone who doesnt know the reason behind the debuff:
    The purpose of the debuff is to make incomming damage on the tanks less spiky. It accomplishes this by ensuring tanks take more hits, and thus the damage of a single hit by a boss can be reduced, and yet high levels of incoming damage can be maintained.

The concern:
    I'm beginning to worry about this debuffs implications on gear itemization of icecrown tanking gear, and that gears implications on the strength of pve geared tanking toons (mostly warriors but potentially all tanking classes) next arena season.

My fear is that with reduction of dodge due to the debuff, there will be more room for avoidance stats on gear compared to what there is now, and on the heroic level gear we may see avoidance levels similar to what we have now even when taking into account the 20% debuff.

If this does happen, PVE geared tanking classes are going to become nigh unkillable by any melee class. I'm not entirely sure that is healthy for the arena.

Discuss / flame etc

Re: Arena Radiance?

In all seriousness though, They stated that they made the mistake of adding another tier which boosted stats above the level they wanted to start ice crown with. So of course there will be higher ilevel items which will mean more stats in general but as tank gear scales so will melee gear and so forth. I'm sure the avoidance stats on the gear is not going to be much more different then what we're seeing right now. save for the difference in ilevels/stat allocation etc. To sum it up, they only added chill of the throne because they decided to add another tier for hardmodes this will have little to no effect on how they make gear in the future. It will continue to scale as normal, As DPS and Healing gear will as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Clara
    lol
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.