Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: GLYPH Moltem Armor = HASTE

eh don't bother with the Glyph the thing is going to be changed anyway with spirit only being a healer thing in cata probly be turned into how much int you have but have a lower ammount of crit is added
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Arcane Mage for 4 months.

Currently 4 set tier 9.

I gem

Blue: +12 sp +10 spirit
    Yellow: +12 sp, +10 haste.
    Red: Either

Currently, I rate Haste > SP (point for point), SP > Spirit.

Haste > SP because of this. You increase SP by 125, you get an extra 62.5 DPS at a 2 second cast. Increase haste by 125 and you drop the cast to 1.9 seconds and your base damage increase a lot more. At 5k base damage (about me non-crit) i go from 2.5k DPS to 2631 DPS. With the SP buff its only 2550 DPS.

Hitting 40% crit self buffed (MA), with a 2second cast on arcane blast. Currently at 6k DPS Onyxia Phase 1 (provided for DPS context, 4.5K/5K DPS Beasts/Jarax 10 Man Heroic, 5.5k DPS Average ToC 10 normal).

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...beard&n=Isumir

Edit:

Forgot to put response to original post.

Haste is critical for arcane mages to maximise DPS. However, it should not be glyphed. We all know that crit increases DPS nicely (but within reason), but a similar glyph to MA for haste would make an arcane mage extremely, overwhelmingly overpowered and I am strongly against it.

As an arcane mage I know we are capable of putting out very very nice DPS atm, there is no need for such a huge buff.

Quote Originally Posted by TruffleMuffin
    Haste is critical for arcane mages to maximise DPS. However, it should not be glyphed. We all know that crit increases DPS nicely (but within reason), but a similar glyph to MA for haste would make an arcane mage extremely, overwhelmingly overpowered and I am strongly against it.
    "extremely, overwhelmingly overpowered is always a question of balancing/testing
    I suggested 3% Haste... 2% would also be interesting I guess.

Mage Armor would just fit the flavor of the arcane mage so much better. I guess the PVP guys use it, but certain spells in my spellbook could just as well not exist and I wouldn't miss them. MA is one of them.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber
    I suggested 3% Haste... 2% would also be interesting I guess.
    I reckon 3% stat is about 0.1/0.15 seconds off casting. I guess in itself, is not a large buff, but frankly it's not needed. Arcane as it stands can put out plenty of DPS, if any tree needs a PvE buff it's Frost. I heard about the new glyph for unlimited water elemental, but still i am not sure it makes frost raid viable.

PROTIP

rawr sucks

Fire does not need crit stacking as much as people think for fire. Infact it theopposite.

With full T9.25 (whatever that means) or full 232/245 gear (ignoring HM gear) you will have pently of crit. Probably around 70% chance (minimum) to crit and then crit is greatly devalued.

If you are Arcane or Fire get all your gear to be Spirit/Haste and you are Win all the way.

A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Mage, Druid, DK & Shaman,

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber
    Is Mage Armor "the" PVP Armor?
    yup, unless you're up against a team with nothing but warriors and paladins.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    yup, unless you're up against a team with nothing but warriors and paladins.
    PVP Balancing vs. PVE Balancing = gey
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!