Warlock/Rogue in 3.3

Hey guys. I've been running (kind of casually) Destro/Rogue in 2s this season. I know the bracket is bad and that this comp is OP/UP depending on our competition. I'm wondering if after the Conflagrate change we'll still be able to take down healers.

As it is now I know that Chaos Bolt/Conflagrate can do massive damage but if you play or know how this comp works that's what we have: burst and no healing. With the change to Conflagrate I'm just thinking that I might not be able to pump out enough damage to take down a well geared healer with a melee on me (I chose melee because they can interrupt frequently).

I'm sure people will flame me for even asking and say I need to L2P if we can't kill something and all that jazz. But that aside I can't count the number of times we've just barely killed a healer and then have a nearly full health target to deal with while we're 50% dead and out of CDs.

Next season I play to try some 3s which might open up more options for me (RLS, WLD) but I do enjoy 2s because my Rogue buddy is really good and I've become quite slick with my Warlock myself.

Anyway if anyone wishes to post constructive and non-flame feedback I'd appreciate it! =D It's really a simple question and I'm just looking for community opinions.

Also I know that I'll have more Resilience and Spell Power in 3.3 from the PvP gear set bonuses but so will the healers of arena (including my Resto Druid lol).

Re: Warlock/Rogue in 3.3

I play the same comp as you with a rogue from my guild and we was speaking about this today. We will lose some burst but also gain a dot... Hopefully you will have the Chance to save Noobcoil or Shadowfury for abit of extra help for the burst you are losing, As soon at conflag his you can use one of those to stop a heal from happening.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I just think the mechanic is so silly. Conflagrate will now consume Immolate but then adds another DoT? Just leave the damage as is I'd say. Considering the additional SP and Resilience all casters will be getting in 3.3 I think this would be sufficient. Well that and the additional AP and Resilience melee will be getting. Icky melee!

Though apparently Blizzard and non-Warlocks do not agree with me hence this change. And I suppose that just because this one comp may not be as viable it doesn't really hurt the class as a whole. But I will nevertheless find it annoying! >.< I really don't want to have to run as Affliction again for 2s though I'm hoping that in 3s/5s Destro will still be powerful.

Personally I'm completely floored at how long destro locks have been pumping out the burst that they have been but i would really just recommend playing mage/lock... the comp is sooo much better and once you live through their opening cooldowns and trinkets then its GG shooting fish in a barrel, esp if you have a decent mage. The entire bracket is broken and you would be MUCH better served playing with a shaman, mage, druid, priest or paladin.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

I was playing a rogue in this combination with a destrolock, we always Sap/Fear/Blind/Banish (Druids only)/Shadowfury/Felhound Spelllocked the Healers, while I kept the DD away from my lock.
    This might be a bit intense when you're the one playing the warlock (yeah you've got loads of things to do at the same time), but keeps the damage away from you.

Hope this helped.

cuz blind doesn't share dr with fear.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!