Possible solutions to the QQ for LoH and other paladin aspects.

Ok now with the LoH nerf inc and people complaining about paladins having 3 lives and what not with bubble LoH and Art of War heals, I feel like i have an idea of how to slightly stop some of the QQers (sorry if it has been put out there i have not seen it put this way so far.)

About LoH get over it. Can't be used in arenas, 11 min cd if talented as holy? I can pop wings and see holy light crits for over 20k unbuffed not to mention being fully raid buffed/flasked with trinkets procced. LoH non crits do just about the same and its an instant cast every 11 min (at best) and you can spam holy lights for barely any cast time with appropriate haste and Judgments of the Just.

A little something to fix the Prot/Holy pvp build and the seemingly useless ret off healing themselves in pvp. Do any of you remember way back in the days of spell power and healing power? ino right stone age lols.

Why not make a special case for paladins where Touched by the Light and Sheath of light in some way only affect Spell Damage and not affect healing done in the class? Would lessen the healing done for ret and prot paladins who shouldn't really need to be healing themselves. Prot paladin shouldn't need to heal themselves 98% of the time, that's what healers are for, and a ret paladin who stops to heal himself in arenas is usually toast unless in certain situations. I agree with the flamers that it can be OP for a Hybrid to be able to heal themselves but other than bubble or divine shield we don't have many defensive cooldowns. "QQ the ret paladin healed himself then button smashed my face in some more..." Key word here being Hybrid. Blizzard gave them healing spells for a reason...

Pls trolls you are welcome to flame.

EDIT reworded stuff

Horde-Frostwolf US

Re: Possible solutions to the QQ for LoH and other paladin aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdeets
    About LoH get over it.

The solution to LoH is to get over it, thank you for the insight.

Reading more...What? You say Ret/Prot should lose their healign ability, but then say there is a reason they have those spells as a hybrid..?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Copain

Reading more...What? You say Ret/Prot should lose their healign ability, but then say there is a reason they have those spells as a hybrid..?
    Man, emgrish comprehension FTW. He said he agrees with people with bad arguments that since Ret are hybrid it's okay for them to heal. If you don't understand the OP's post, just go away and stop bogging down my internets with useless drivel.

Sorry that was not how i wanted to say it exactly. The off healing is a tricky issue and i was just messing with ideas (small amount of healing but still it still makes differences) I was just brainstorming ways to break the prot/holy pvp build without Removing the dmg buffs from Spell Power prot and rets get from the talents even though the str aspect of Touched effectively reduced a big chunk of the SP you gained from the Stam version .

Horde-Frostwolf US

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    nothing more to add.. its not like i use it on myself most of the time
    so in this situation its all those i helped that lose

LoH, fine, whatever.

I like how GC says in fewer words that Ret Paladins are OP in PvP (and PvE, but that not the basis of my argument), lolwut? BG's, yes, but what's our arena representation? 2 in the top 100 teams? Numbers don't lie. We are broken, nobody denies it. In certain situations we are OP, such as soloing old content that nobody cares about and 1v1's. In the majority of situations, however, we simply don't have the right tools for the job.

WTB class designer with half a brain.

I read your whole post and i gotta ask, how often do you pvp. sorry but if you won't acknowledge things like Hand of Freedom as a defensive cooldown well just well...

prot pallys and ret pallys should never lose their ability to self heal especially when it's not a lot of healing. Also to just say get over LoH doesn't make any sense, but ima wait for furthur information on what's happening to it to make a comment. Were a hybrid class, We can heal why should we lose it cause people can't out damage a 4k flash of light.

Why not make a special case for paladins where Touched by the Light and Sheath of light in some way only affect Spell Damage and not affect healing done in the class?
    ummm why? That would be quite an illogical switch off it's used for the healing power not the spell power. Sheath of light is used for healing haven't you read the tool tip? take off all your gear and try healing, it'll be like healing without sheath or infusion. Notice how crap it is on mana and you get absolutly no health from it. But i am going to wait for the SS and LoH changes to be confirmed to be truly pissed.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad
    ummm why? That would be quite an illogical switch off it's used for the healing power not the spell power. Sheath of light is used for healing haven't you read the tool tip? take off all your gear and try healing, it'll be like healing without sheath or infusion. Notice how crap it is on mana and you get absolutly no health from it. But i am going to wait for the SS and LoH changes to be confirmed to be truly pissed.
    i see..
    everything scale off Ap, weapon damage and sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    i see..
    everything scale off Ap, weapon damage and sp
    yeah i probably could of thought that out a little more, But removing the healing from Sheath is like removing our Spell power it doesnt make sense.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos
    you win the battle of the intranets.

In my humble opinion, YOu were once lolret, and In my heart, that has never changed. Have fun with the nerf stick. You're probably one of those classes that has least felt it's heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    I like how GC says in fewer words that Ret Paladins are OP in PvP (and PvE, but that not the basis of my argument), lolwut? BG's, yes, but what's our arena representation? 2 in the top 100 teams? Numbers don't lie. We are broken, nobody denies it. In certain situations we are OP, such as soloing old content that nobody cares about and 1v1's. In the majority of situations, however, we simply don't have the right tools for the job.
    The problem is it's hard to know from the representation if Ret is broken or if it's just a case that Holy is so strong that everybody respecced.

It's the same with priests, but more so. Sure, shadow and holy are weaker than disc, but are they broken? We don't really know because disc is so damned good only a few die-hards still try to PvP as something else. This is why they don't just throw PvP buffs at those trees, despite their non-representation.

Shadow and holy priests aren't even strong in BGs though, so at least they don't get nerfed.

Anyway the LoH nerf by definition doesn't impact Ret in Arena, but only in BGs where it is strong. The people getting hosed here are the PvE prot pallies.

I play a holy pally and i dont like this change, honestly i would prefer not being able to cast it on myself. I think what they should do is they should only give forbearance when you cast it on your self. This way i can cast if on our prot pally without worrying about if he used divine protection or if he needs to use it any time soon.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lumael
    I play a holy pally and i dont like this change, honestly i would prefer not being able to cast it on myself. I think what they should do is they should only give forbearance when you cast it on your self. This way i can cast if on our prot pally without worrying about if he used divine protection or if he needs to use it any time soon.
    I'd agree with that change: If I, as a Ret paladin, see my tank fall to under 20% HP I'll pop LoH on him (since I won't need to use it on myself). With this new change, I can't do that since he may need to use his other cooldown later in the fight, which he now would not have access to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    I'd agree with that change: If I, as a Ret paladin, see my tank fall to under 20% HP I'll pop LoH on him (since I won't need to use it on myself). With this new change, I can't do that since he may need to use his other cooldown later in the fight, which he now would not have access to.
    Yup, and you won't want to use it on a holydin either - least not if they're specced 51/20/0, or even on yourself if you've specced for Divine Sac.

LoH will basically come with a label - 'Not to be applied to pallies in PvE'

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lumael
    As a tank this is the solution I'm hoping they implement. If I choose to cast it on myself and I lockout my other abilities fine. I'm a tank, I know the fights better than most anyone because I'm the one getting face melted etc. I know what to expect etc, so I can choose the right time to apply the proper CD. I dont need some trigger happy healer seeing me take a spike, panicking, and then locking me out of my own defensive CD's.

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread