Thread: Change to FoL

Change to FoL

since the FoL doesnt require SS only talents, would gemming SP be the new thing over HL spam? or whatever it is you pallies do

Re: Change to FoL

This changes nothing for holy paladins I suppose

yep, but it would hurt pvp paladins.
    having that extra HoT was nice, but now you have to climb holy tree to use it >
    I'll still use SS and FoL because I have to, but the patch just sucks.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrudinovepapuce
    I actually like the IOL change. I wont have to do so much babysitting in 10 mans and it makes the HoT more useful since it isnt tied to SS anymore.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrudinovepapuce
    It's a stab at buffing deep Holy in order to get healing-minded Paladins to spec that way again instead of deep prot.

It's the way it should be. You shouldn't be specing Prot and wearing holy gear if you intend on doing serious healing. That just trivialized the entire holy tree. This change is probably just the first step in making prot more prot-like again and making holy the undisputed tree for healing. Wow, imagine that, a healing tree doing the best healing!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by shiftynou
    It's a stab at buffing deep Holy in order to get healing-minded Paladins to spec that way again instead of deep prot.
    More like denying them the FoL hot since they all could use SS for it.

Dont get me wrong. I DO want to see Holy as "THE" healing tree but i would rather have great talents that make people WANT to spec holy for them instead of restricting RET and Prots access to a baseline item.

I would also like to see lower tier holy talents more inviting to Ret and Prot so they would want to minor spec into holy for better healing talents and some favorable talents to go with whichever tree they major in. This would also give Holy some sorely needed offspec talents.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    That's a good thing.
    I'd rather FoL not proccing a HoT than having that SS nerf. If they had to go with that idea or this one, I would have gone with this solution as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesis
    yep, but it would hurt pvp paladins.
    having that extra HoT was nice, but now you have to climb holy tree to use it >
    I'll still use SS and FoL because I have to, but the patch just sucks.
    That's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by shiftynou
    This. It's also stopping PvP Ret double-dipping with instant Flash of Lights via both Sheath of Light and the SS HoT. (Not 100% sure that it happens but I don't think the buffs are mutually exclusive).

Edit: Oh, actually they reverted the Sacred Shield cooldown nerf. So it's a buff to ret survivability, a slight nerf to ret self-healing.
    Ultralisk-Nagrand / Táne-Nagrand / Wuggles-Nagrand / Koras-Thaurrisan / Dieselsun-Thaurissan / Bezoar-Thaurissan

Quote Originally Posted by Saranthas
    It's the way it should be. You shouldn't be specing Prot and wearing holy gear if you intend on doing serious healing. That just trivialized the entire holy tree. This change is probably just the first step in making prot more prot-like again and making holy the undisputed tree for healing. Wow, imagine that, a healing tree doing the best healing!
    Look at the top arena teams, and they mostly include disc priests, and HOLY paladins. Not prot paladins.

And i dont know about you but im pretty certain paladins have been using beacon during my pve encounters.

15+ Year Old Account

personally when the HoT to SS came out I didnt care about it because of my healing trinket offering a HoT for me. But after the buff, during the summer, I would heal and it seemed that I had 2 HoTs (3 if you want to count using JoL when we were ret-less), and then my regular heals.

IT was very flashy with green colors on my screen for awhile and I felt like a druid hehe. Personally this wont be a nerf by any means, just a switch-a-roow on stats applied to our spells.

So, Forgive me if I misread. Does this mean we lose our Instant FoL inplace of the HoT for infusion of light?

I dont think a lot of ppl will miss the SS + FoL hot , due to the fact that it heals for such a minute amount over time. Granted i dont go SPadin and atm my sp is sitting pretty @ 2470ish unbuffed, and it only gives me some 500+ per tick

The IoL + insta FoL on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Kampret
    I dont think a lot of ppl will miss the SS + FoL hot , due to the fact that it heals for such a minute amount over time. Granted i dont go SPadin and atm my sp is sitting pretty @ 2470ish unbuffed, and it only gives me some 500+ per tick

The IoL + insta FoL on the other hand...
    I dont stack SP either, neither does any decent holy paladin intent on healing hard mode content. However, I have my T9 4piece set bonus, so my HoT can go up to 1.1k per SECOND, which is really quite decent if you look at the 12 seconds total healing. Now, with SS requisite gone, imagine...
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Not to dash your hopes, but Flash are still bottom of the totem pole.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...77775558&sid=1

Quote Originally Posted by Answer
    Look at the top arena teams, and they mostly include disc priests, and HOLY paladins. Not prot paladins.

And i dont know about you but im pretty certain paladins have been using beacon during my pve encounters.
    I didn't say Holy cannot do well in arena, but there's a reason for all the talk about prot and why Blizzard is nerfing it. Prot survivability coupled with large fols made them much more difficult to kill compared to holy, including very decent healing from the prot spec. I don't believe prot does as well in 5s, possibly 3s? But I'm not just speculating about arena, we're talking BGs as well, which Blizz has obviously already mentioned.

Aaaand not quite sure what you're getting at about beacon. Holy use beacon for just about everything, as they should be.

Much better than having it to proc every 30 secs.. phew hope it stays like that.

Made by myself while I'm bored..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Luthius
    Much better than having it to proc every 30 secs.. phew hope it stays like that.
    Do you mean it is better to have the FoL HoT proc only for Holy rather than have SS proc every 30 seconds across the board?

If so, then I approve.