Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Am I reading the front page correctly about arena points?

it was actually supposed to be ~150 pts per week since i do expect to not be able to complete the quest once a week on average.

Maybe this will lead them to fix the queue times on Battlegrounds now that they are handing out arena points for the winners.

I'm on Stormstrike BG, and horde queue's for battlegrounds range from 5 minutes to just under an hour. As opposed to the alliance who queue and instantly get into one.

Is it that hard to combine servers into a BG where the outcome is an equal ratio of horde to alliance. Really..... is it that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    No he did it because he didn't understand the patch change, he thinks the bg that is daily rewards arena points every time you win. But only the daily rewards arena points...this means one daily per day (he wrote "(in the eyes that you go win 10x bg's each day.)" ..you know?)

I'm really really desperate. It seems most people just read one line of the patch notes, lose the attention and go rage in the forum. They don't even try to read everything and understand it. Then there are responses from a couple of guys who never actually read at least one line and are totally enraged. And then there is this post from that one guy who actually read and understood the patch notes...and it just is overlooked next to all this QQ.
    Fixed that for you :P (I lol'd at the truth of your post)
    They changed what you actually get arena points from. The original post from blizzard said that you would get 25 arena points for winning a level 71-80 BG but they later changed that to "only the BG daily" gives you 25 arena points. While there is a lot of fail in this thread, part of it was artificially induced. 750 points per month is decent but not nearly as game changing. Free points are free points, ill take them.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Silvator
    well actually this only causes bgs to be more attractive to bored arena players as well as giving the winners a more attractive reward
    Idd becuase we now see only some bored full PvE geared Naabs owning in BG's and the pro Pvp'ers are in the arena's

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger
    Maybe this will lead them to fix the queue times on Battlegrounds now that they are handing out arena points for the winners.

I'm on Stormstrike BG, and horde queue's for battlegrounds range from 5 minutes to just under an hour. As opposed to the alliance who queue and instantly get into one.

Is it that hard to combine servers into a BG where the outcome is an equal ratio of horde to alliance. Really..... is it that hard.
    Considering the number of pvp'ers that faction transferred from alliance to horde?

It's gaaaay
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    It's gaaaay
    Riveting tale chap, I feel saturated with knowledge...yet thirst for more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

IMHO 25 pts is not enoth, coz arenas are some kind of "rating busters" and "winners ledder", while gearing with high rating still isnt fast enoth (most common ratings are 2k, (it's realy 1800 but let's count it as 2k;P ) so you get around 1k pts per week, and you need 3 weeks to buy 2150 item...). IMHO. If it will be 250 pts per daily isay "great" but now it cant count better then "not bad"...

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    I'm gaaaay
    fixed

15+ Year Old Account

I kinda hoped they would make it like: "If you are grouped in a BG with your Arena team, you will get rewarded with an additional 25 Arena Points IF you win.
    Dawwwwwww

You are all forgetting that this starts theoretically at level 71, that means that you can level your character entirely with BGs and by the time you reach level 80, you’d have 100 marks for each BG (if you’re lucky, tho Isle seems to have longer queues) and have been able to buy two or three PvP pieces with honor when you’re near honor cap.

Plus you will have some arena points if you decide to change all your marks (that’s more than 140.000 honor, another two pieces) and start doing arenas.

That means that if you reach the relatively easy 1000 rating, you can start buying more stuff.

Yet, you will be using the same lame green weapons because blizzard fails to provide an entry level PvP weapon.

Complete troll, original quote;

All level 71-80 Battleground daily quests will now award 25 Arena points in addition to their current rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5
    I kinda hoped they would make it like: "If you are grouped in a BG with your Arena team, you will get rewarded with an additional 25 Arena Points IF you win.

I very much agree. Something like that would be totally feesible IMO, considering a skilled 2s or 3s team can take on quite a few BGers pretty easily, and singlehandedly (or doublehandedly, or whatever lol) turn the tide of the BG. They need to do this. Good idea