Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: About the FoL HoT change

I think afterall this blue posts are more a big holy nerf and than just a nerf for prot and retri (which is low nerf, they don't get that much benefict from the hot as holy does ofc)

The infusion of light seems to say:

"Infusion of Light: This talent now causes the paladin’s Flash of Light spells to heal the target for 50/100% of the Flash of Light healing amount over 12 seconds."

He's saying "this talent now causes..." and not " also causes" or " In addiction this talent now causes". I think they're completely replacing infusion with the flash of light hot , which is a shame especially because it removes instant flash of light for holy.

Infusion is really one of the few abilities that makes holy funnier (but not stronger) then prot healing, and by removing that talent i think they're doing exactly the opposite of what they said they wanted to do, that holy should appear to healers as the best healing spec for paladins. At this path, in few months, a full retri geared prot or even a "shealth of light holy pala" will better at healing than a full holy pala.(and ofc at all other roles)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Evilhealz
    Just thought i would throw this out there. I tanked H HoL as ret in full ret gear. 4 manned. Druid healer. No wipes. Every boss. A few days ago. K thx
    D:

People don't complain about how great Resto Druids are as they keep those lovely progress raids alive.

Anyway, I healed ToC HC as Ret, all the DPS were doing over 4k and the tank has 37k health unbuffed. No wipes. Every boss. A few days ago. Just though I would throw this out there.

It means nothing, ass.

I don't understand this particular change and it does seem to me to be a harsh nerf on Holy purely designed to stop Retri's and Prot's having a nice HOT in PVP, and Retri's especially who can keep it up via an AOW proc.

I thought ICC with the tier 10 bonus was all heading towards getting Holy to shock more often, so now you need to shock, to be able to place a terribly weak HOT on a target when you will probably should be spamming some pretty big heals instead?

Seems to me to be a glorified Druid Hot, but without clicking on one button?

Or is there still a Holy light effect coming from Infusion of Light? And has the Sacred Shield now being left at 6 seconds rather than bumped up to 30, and back down to 6 so long as you have Infusion?

WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut
    I don't understand this particular change and it does seem to me to be a harsh nerf on Holy purely designed to stop Retri's and Prot's having a nice HOT in PVP, and Retri's especially who can keep it up via an AOW proc.

I thought ICC with the tier 10 bonus was all heading towards getting Holy to shock more often, so now you need to shock, to be able to place a terribly weak HOT on a target when you will probably should be spamming some pretty big heals instead?

Seems to me to be a glorified Druid Hot, but without clicking on one button?

Or is there still a Holy light effect coming from Infusion of Light? And has the Sacred Shield now being left at 6 seconds rather than bumped up to 30, and back down to 6 so long as you have Infusion?

You really haven't been keeping up with the posts in this thread and the latest patch notes.

-This is not a holy nerf. If anything, it's a pretty big buff because you will be able to apply a raidwide FoL HoT because you won't have to worry about your target having SS in order to receive the HoT from FoL.
    -SS change was reverted back to the way it is now, therefore SS is still going to proc every 6 seconds regardless of your spec and talents.
    -There have been no official announcements that Infusion of Light WILL NOT increase the critical strike chance of your next Holy Light by 10/20%. Therefore, it is safe to assume that it will remain as it is now, and it will grant the additional benefit of providing a HoT for your FoL without requiring SS on the target.

Once again, this is not a holy nerf, but primarily a ret nerf. Ret could easily spam instant FoL very often, which is quite OP in PVP with the amount of SP they have as well as very high crit chance as well as sheath of light. Also, this would also be a pretty heavy nerf for prot/holy pallies, if those are still around, they won't be for much longer after 3.3 if this change goes through as announced.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Cheers Bubble.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    You really haven't been keeping up with the posts in this thread and the latest patch notes.

-This is not a holy nerf. If anything, it's a pretty big buff because you will be able to apply a raidwide FoL HoT because you won't have to worry about your target having SS in order to receive the HoT from FoL.
    -SS change was reverted back to the way it is now, therefore SS is still going to proc every 6 seconds regardless of your spec and talents.
    -There have been no official announcements that Infusion of Light WILL NOT increase the critical strike chance of your next Holy Light by 10/20%. Therefore, it is safe to assume that it will remain as it is now, and it will grant the additional benefit of providing a HoT for your FoL without requiring SS on the target.

Once again, this is not a holy nerf, but primarily a ret nerf. Ret could easily spam instant FoL very often, which is quite OP in PVP with the amount of SP they have as well as very high crit chance as well as sheath of light. Also, this would also be a pretty heavy nerf for prot/holy pallies, if those are still around, they won't be for much longer after 3.3 if this change goes through as announced.
    The FoL HoT will function exactly as it does now. Post patch it will just require a holy talent to do so. Ie. you still need to have SS on a target to proc the HoT. This has been confirmed by Ghostcrawler.
    The FoL HoT effect gained from Infusion of light will be in addition to previous effects. Meaning, you will still have HL Crit and Instant FoL after a HS crit. This has been confirmed by Ghostcrawler as well.

Edit: Since noone ever checks blue posts appearently.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/2067...t-please-.html

Quote Originally Posted by questions
    1) Does this mean that the current IoL functionality is gone and being completely replaced?

2) FoL no longer requires Sacred Shield to be up on the target in order to get the HoT functionality (for Holy Paladins)?

3) As an extention of #2, does this mean that Prot and Ret no longer have access to the HoT component of Sacred Shield?
    Quote Originally Posted by answers
    1. No, this is extra functionality to IoL.

2. No. Sacred Shield must still be on the target to get the HoT.

3. Yes, Prot and Ret no longer have access to the HoT component of FoL+SS.
    "He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool." — Brigham Young

The plot thickens ...

My guess is that nothing changes for the holy paladins that gets to keep their hot if SS is active, while rets and prot's loses their hot.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bada
    My guess is that nothing changes for the holy paladins that gets to keep their hot if SS is active, while rets and prot's loses their hot.
    Ret still has Sheath HoT & AoW procs constantly.
    Prot doesnt need it since they still get healing from "The healer" and can use SS without a Holy paladin. If you take PVE soloing into consideration Prot never had a problem before SS and it isnt an issue.
    Holy Gets the FoL HoT on anyone they cast it on without having to first cast SS on them. This gives them a better tool to heal 5 mans (all the new icecrown 5 mans) and lets them do less babysitting in 10 man content with only 2 healers.

Like someone else said. Best thing they have done in a long time.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally
    Holy Gets the FoL HoT on anyone they cast it on without having to first cast SS on them. This gives them a better tool to heal 5 mans (all the new icecrown 5 mans) and lets them do less babysitting in 10 man content with only 2 healers.

Like someone else said. Best thing they have done in a long time.
    Wrong: See 3 posts above you.

What a lump of fail.

The requirement of SS for the HoT is just a horrible mechanic.
    They should just make it like, 50% of FoL without SS, 100% of FoL with SS active if it's such a big deal.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Wrong: See 3 posts above you.
    Thanks for pointing that out.

That......blows.

They took the prospect of a nice new talent and just kept it the same.

Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally
    Thanks for pointing that out.

That......blows.

They took the prospect of a nice new talent and just kept it the same.

Agreed. With FoL as a HoT, you would never have it
    a.) Roll with itself
    b.) Affect more than 12 people at a time
    c.) Crit heal

Quote Originally Posted by Mith
    The FoL HoT will function exactly as it does now. Post patch it will just require a holy talent to do so. Ie. you still need to have SS on a target to proc the HoT. This has been confirmed by Ghostcrawler.
    The FoL HoT effect gained from Infusion of light will be in addition to previous effects. Meaning, you will still have HL Crit and Instant FoL after a HS crit. This has been confirmed by Ghostcrawler as well.

Edit: Since noone ever checks blue posts appearently.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/2067...t-please-.html
    And where the heck do you see the answers on this thread? All I see is 2 posts, one with questions, and the other with just the usual useless commie comment.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

And where the heck do you see the answers on this thread? All I see is 2 posts, one with questions, and the other with just the usual useless commie comment.
    If you click on the link in the post you quoted, then click on the title of the thread in the page that comes up, you'll be able to see the whole thread.

Agreed. With FoL as a HoT, you would never have it
    a.) Roll with itself
    b.) Affect more than 12 people at a time
    c.) Crit heal
    Precisely. Hence the banter regarding 'general-class' re-buffing/debuffing and the "better later than never" quip in parentheses. And all that ridiculous, hypo-conspiracy crap. Even though I was tired, it was fun conceiving it.

On that note, given the way Druids are going, unlike other hybrids, don't they actually [compete] with mainstream Healers and DPS (E.G, Hunters)? To wit, Ferals.
    A voice replied...

"Not by the hair on my Wrynny chin chin."

And then Varian Chintercepted Garrosh's cast, then sliced the orcs head off. 24 hours later he was found riding Deathwing over Orgrimmar, burning the city to the ground, laughing maniacally.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Captain
    On that note, given the way Druids are going, unlike other hybrids, don't they actually [compete] with mainstream Healers and DPS (E.G, Hunters)? To wit, Ferals.
    Do you mean Feral spec'd druids competing with mainstream healers?

Do you mean Feral spec'd druids competing with mainstream healers?
    No, I think he meant feral druids competing with pure dps classes which I have seen take place on rare occasions. Resto druids are can also pull ahead of the other healers on certain boss fights. Primarily fights with huge aoe damage where all they do is spam rejuv and wild growth.

15+ Year Old Account

No, I think he meant feral druids competing with pure dps classes which I have seen take place on rare occasions. Resto druids are also marginally ahead of the other healers on certain boss fights. Primarily fights with huge aoe damage where all they do is spam rejuv and wild growth.
    Yes well I also take on pure DPS classes. Its the matter of 3 things: Gear, Buffs, and Skill. Blizzard themselves has stated they want a "bring the player not the class", and if played well a DK, Druid, Paladin, hell sometimes a Shadow Priest can do very well in terms of DPS compared to some other"Pure" classes.

You should also not dictate healing based on Healing Meters. Yes, those meters do have thier place in which they come in handy, but most of the time they don't matter- Just like the "Damage Taken" meter doesn't determine whether a tank is good or not.

I'm not just talking about the meters, a resto druid is the only healer that can effectively and efficiently heal at least 15 people through aoe damage while other healers can usually manage to do up to 5 or 6.