Was frost "dumbed" down?

Just curious if any other mages feel the frost spec has been "dumbed" down since tbc.

Back when i played my mage as my main in tbc i found setting up a shatter combo was tactical. Seems now they just randomly proc at me not to mention fof procs. Infact my whole strategy changed from an organized array of precise controlling to a bunch of rng randomness.

I never had problems with melee in tbc , and i don't now. I would say melee are a free kill most the time with only really dk's sometimes posing a threat. Casters are much the same as they were in tbc cept the warlock / mage fight drastically reversed (lol sorry but after being owned for 2 years , im glad we dominate locks now). All in all its difficult to say were exactly my problems with the class are coming from now days but its no where near as fun as it used to be imo. I think its just the randomness of the class , feels like im not doing much at all but alot is happening. As i said earlier , melee are more or less a joke to deal with. During tbc if i miss-timed a nova or was to slow to get my shatter out , i would die. In lich i rarely use any of my abilities , they are all proc'd for me O_O.With mage armor up against a caster (Frost / arc spec is even more extreme) i consistently resist spells from enemy casters. I don't even bother counter-spelling 1/2 as much as i used to.

I can see the appeal in being grossly op and ill probably get flamed for suggesting mages be forced to actually control most their actions. But im also betting there are some s3/s4 vets out there who agree with me and want to see the skill brought back. Frost mages used to be considered one of the most skill requiring specs in wow , "shatter combo" used to carry weight to it. Now its as simple as hitting 1 for frostbolt over and over.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Was frost "dumbed" down?

frost is pretty simple, /cast frostbolt, til mobs die and move on, now u must be semi-concious to be any good at PVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

Well, when the patch comes, frost will be the easyest specc to play in PVE history, just spam frostbolt, seems kinda strange since blizzard has stated all over that "we do not want speccs to be playes as a 1 button spam" , but well its still a big question if frost will be as viable in PVE as fire or arcane is, the water elemental change does seem like a big boost for frost, but how big, time will show, have not tested anythin on the PTR, any1 has any info?

I really dont know if it was ever "complicated" in pvp to be honest. Sheep 1 target, open with frost bolt on the other target, rogue opens on same target, deep freeze, counterspell once out=money. Its still overpowered with the amount of CC that comp can put out.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    I really dont know if it was ever "complicated" in pvp to be honest. Sheep 1 target, open with frost bolt on the other target, rogue opens on same target, deep freeze, counterspell once out=money. Its still overpowered with the amount of CC that comp can put out.
    by the same logic, playing a rogue is really is in pvp also. sap one target, open with cheap shot on another target, mage opens on same target, kidney shot, kick once out=money.

you see what i did thar?
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    by the same logic, playing a rogue is really is in pvp also. sap one target, open with cheap shot on another target, mage opens on same target, kidney shot, kick once out=money.

you see what i did thar?
    Thanks I dont remember talking about rogues? Enlighten me please. CICANDOITTO???

Quote Originally Posted by shmiga02
    the water elemental change does seem like a big boost for frost, but how big, time will show, have not tested anythin on the PTR, any1 has any info?
    the WE change is next to nothing. that's right, nothing. the WE itself is about a 10% boost when it's out. however, you can manage 75% uptime on most boss fights. by extending that uptime to 100%, it's actually only a 2.5% increase to overall dps. with frost being the absolute BOTTOM of the dps spectrum (that includes hybrids too!) and roughly 20% or more below the top mage dps spec, frost is utter crap for raiding.

and mind you, this is coming from a diehard frost mage who really wants some pve buffage.

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks I dont remember talking about rogues? Enlighten me please. CICANDOITTO???
    don't over simplify a class if you know nothing about it. i just did what you did; used a simple yet highly avoidable and preventable scenario in which the rogue class seems like it could be played by a drunken platypus, without showing any insight into why i made the claims. rhetoric 101.
    BfA Beta Time