Tankadin spec after 40?

I took a long break from WoW but I can recall people who rerolled a Paladin stuck to ret for the first 40 levels and then swapped out to Prot for levelling 40+.

As I haven't played in a while I'm not certain if the situation is the same so I wanted some first hand advice.

At 40+ would it be faster to level with AoE grinding as a Prot Pally or should I stay Ret? Thank you.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Tankadin spec after 40?

Quote Originally Posted by TheKratos
    I took a long break from WoW but I can recall people who rerolled a Paladin stuck to ret for the first 40 levels and then swapped out to Prot for levelling 40+.

As I haven't played in a while I'm not certain if the situation is the same so I wanted some first hand advice.

At 40+ would it be faster to level with AoE grinding as a Prot Pally or should I stay Ret? Thank you.
    From 40 to 60, I'd recommend Prot if you plan on AE grinding. If you want to do quests, stay with Ret for infinite mana. Once you reach 60 and get Divine Storm, I find Ret pulls ahead of Prot in terms of AE DPS.

Then again, with the changes to Seal of Command, either one is fine to do at 40.

woah, are you really sticking to blue till someone notices you screwing up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by afkalmighty
    woah, are you really sticking to blue till someone notices you screwing up?
    Maaaaaaaaaaybe.