warr/pala VS priest/rogue

Yo - sorry for the wall of text but i need to explain ^^.

So, from a warriors perspektive, what is the best tactic to use here?

I myself was trying out for a new arena team yesterday and played with a pala, we are both well geared and we got a MMR of 2.1k right away. Everything was going well until we faced a priest/rogue setup. We were controlled pretty much the total fight until i was dead and here is how the fight ended up:

Pala gets into combat to not get sapped, i start on the priest and start dealing out alot of pressure right away. I bladestorm the rogues opener and get both the rogue and priest to around 60%. my pala gets feared and the rogue vanishes / re-opens up on me, cheap shot and kidney right away. After that im going defensive, disarm and shield block to keep myself alive during the time my pala is feared. The priest just dispells everything and starts to holy fire / smite with no interrupts and doesnt have to heal anything since the rogue uses his first evasion here, alot of pressure right down on me. Blind on the pala and i have to pop shield wall -> Now after this its just nothing we can do, i try and keep myself alive via intervene -> intercept and just try and keep the priest hamstringed / slowed to avoid my paladin beeing feared but in the end we still cant survive since its pretty much 2 dps on me cause i cant get enough pressure on the rogue to make the priest heal instead of holy fire / smiting me. The fight is a total of 3-4 minutes.

Now after this, my paladin says im the worst warrior he ever seen and that he is used to warriors doing 200K dmg during fights like this (while i did maybe 60K) , Im totally confused and really have trouble seeing how those warriors can survive and put pressure like that with 2 dps on his back. So, what do you guys think i did wrong / should change since obviously i did something wrong?

Thanks alot and i appreciate answers!

Re: warr/pala VS priest/rogue

Thing is, when you switch to 1h + shield you cant do any pressure to do priest or Rogue.
    So when you switch to 1h + shield you give away the control from the fight.

The paladin should not be feared that long.
    he has enough tools to break from it.

But dont forget, 2v2 arena teams need training if you want to win long and hard fights.
    you cant make high lvl ratings with random ppl.

yeah of course but it feels like, if i stop keeping shield block up and stop spellreflecting, i will die alot sooner than i would have done in this case? since i have to wait for the rogues CDs to go away before i can go away from defensive? i always try and piercing howl -> intervene -> charge / intercept just to keep MS up but intervene has like 30 sek CD and with crippling on 70% slow i cant really get any pressure on the priest either

Switching to 1hand and shield is a good idea actually. Just wait til the rogues burns his cooldowns and then roflstomp all over im. Also when you charge the priest start spamming demo shout. chances are you're gonna destealth the rogue
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    Switching to 1hand and shield is a good idea actually. Just wait til the rogues burns his cooldowns and then roflstomp all over im. Also when you charge the priest start spamming demo shout. chances are you're gonna destealth the rogue
    this.
    your paladin should have more than enough mana to keep you alive until the rogue is done with all his cooldowns. intercept the priest if he tries mana burns, see if you can slow the priest when he is on his way to fear the paladin, stay in def stance and mitigate as much damage as possible while spamming revenge etc. live through the rogue's cooldowns then switch to 2hand and evaporate him.

No.

As a warrior trinket his kidney shot. fear him right after (he normally burns CDs then)
    keep ms up with spamstring. overpower ftw.

pretty much the same, put pressure on the rogue so the priest has to heal him constantly. no time for mana burns

for the pala, basically just keep SS up on whichever target rogue is after. even if rogue is on the paladin, u can still do RLY insane dmg to him, remember to charge/intervene for the 1s stun on the rogue also to give ur partner some time.

remember if the rogue blinds u while on the pala , ur pala can BOP u to remove it (to save trinket for stun )
    Also get the Glyph of Overpower, parry vs a rogue/ dk is pretty common so the extra overpower proc is rly nice. ( esp when it crits which it normally does for 4-6k)

Coming from a holy pally view, it doesnt seem like you did anything wrong. and if your pally doesnt know how to use cds at all... no way in hell a priest/rogue comp should be locking out a paladin to the point that your sword and board and poping cds. pallys bad, get a new partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigadiddle
    No.

As a warrior trinket his kidney shot. fear him right after (he normally burns CDs then)
    keep ms up with spamstring. overpower ftw.
    Yes.
    you trinket the kidney, you get disarmed. after disarm, he kicks evasion. when evasion is done, there goes the next kidney. no MS and no hamstring for you. overpower alone does not make the priest break any sweat.
    pretty much the same, put pressure on the rogue so the priest has to heal him constantly. no time for mana burns
    not possible if the rogue knows his stuff.

for the pala, basically just keep SS up on whichever target rogue is after. even if rogue is on the paladin, u can still do RLY insane dmg to him, remember to charge/intervene for the 1s stun on the rogue also to give ur partner some time.
    ONLY if the rogue is on the paladin, can you deal proper damage to him since he cannot dodge from behind.
    Also get the Glyph of Overpower, parry vs a rogue/ dk is pretty common so the extra overpower proc is rly nice. ( esp when it crits which it normally does for 4-6k)
    never ever use the overpower glyph. it is trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Banditen
    my pala gets feared
    Found the issue m8. Keep the priest hamstrung and avoid fears, pressure the rogue so that the priest has to stop chasing the pally and start healing the rogue. Stun + bladestorm priest works wonders, or just stun priest to avoid rogue heals and global the rogue. Try to charge + hamstring priest as much as possible, pref while casting. This is nice both to get away from the rogue and to keep rogue wasting energy/combo points on locking you down instead of dpsing you. If charge is on CD and priest is chasing ur paladin, intervene and then hamstring the priest. Rogues hate being hamstrung and standing 20yds away from its target while his priest is pressured by a warrior. Hopefully when you do this the rogue is gonna whine to his priest and ask him to bring you to the rogue, so the rogue can peel, and this is taking the priest off your paladin, paladin can heal, you can dps and priest can't outheal.

i'm not the best warrior out there but i play at 2k rating and i don't have probs with a rogue/priest team
    1st of all if your pally doesn't get in combat and gets saped be near him and do /cast bloodrage/cast demo shout
    2nd at all times try to keep a rend on the rogue, the dmg is not important but it will be really hard for him to reset
    If they go for you and you have to go defensive when you shield block try to revenge spam the priest not the rogue since he will use evasion at the point, the rogue should supply enough blocks to nuke the priest.
    after your pala healed you, go rend/MS/Hamstring/sweeping and BS and the priest should be on very low HP by the end of BS, also try to keep a overpower for when the priest starts to cast penance that will help you alot
    hope this will help you in future encounters

okey im not sure since your saying things that in my mind " your doing O.K" and your paladin is failing but listen do this easier for your when you start he goes in combat np if he get sapped lets say go defensive if the fight goes on "KEEP on the rogue 2h dont go 1H" cuz your pala aint getting feared make sure your FOCUS FRAME on the priest so when ever you see the PRIEST WALKING 2 your paladin > CHARGE > HAMSTRING /SPIT and intercept the rogue if your pala get feared tell him the priest was hamstringed your fault not mine + he can HOJ "aka hammer of justice" and this is another good idea he can HOJ the rogue and u "MS" u dont Blade storm cuz he might trinket or dispell since cuz of dodge etc u wont put mortal + evasion if u managed 2 put mortal strike do BS, the priest wont fear with 1 Global he need 2 heal instead with his global just make sure "you charge the priest hamstring and INTERCEPT ROGUE better than the opposite" if u did the opposite heres the thing the priest will be stunned by intercept 3 seconds and if u charged rogue he will be stunned 1 second "then he is off 2 attack you" but if u charged priest hamstringed and intercepted the rogue he is stunned 3 seconds u can do hamstring > mortal > kite if needed this might helps you just charge priest hamstring dump him off if he trinket just intervene your teammate since i dont think he will go in a corner the priest that is he is going 2 your pala u just piercing howl then hamstring "make sure you piercing howl its better" since in that time u will find in this moment in this time when your pala trying 2 get feared the rogue will say "ILL VANISH AND RE OPEN STUNLOCK" so u might pierce howl him while he vanish at the same time " since vanish is broken"

Quote Originally Posted by Banditen
    my pala gets feared
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoa
    okey im not sure since your saying things that in my mind " your doing O.K" and your paladin is failing but listen do this easier for your when you start he goes in combat np if he get sapped lets say go defensive if the fight goes on "KEEP on the rogue 2h dont go 1H" cuz your pala aint getting feared make sure your FOCUS FRAME on the priest so when ever you see the PRIEST WALKING 2 your paladin > CHARGE > HAMSTRING /SPIT and intercept the rogue if your pala get feared tell him the priest was hamstringed your fault not mine + he can HOJ "aka hammer of justice" and this is another good idea he can HOJ the rogue and u "MS" u dont Blade storm cuz he might trinket or dispell since cuz of dodge etc u wont put mortal + evasion if u managed 2 put mortal strike do BS, the priest wont fear with 1 Global he need 2 heal instead with his global just make sure "you charge the priest hamstring and INTERCEPT ROGUE better than the opposite" if u did the opposite heres the thing the priest will be stunned by intercept 3 seconds and if u charged rogue he will be stunned 1 second "then he is off 2 attack you" but if u charged priest hamstringed and intercepted the rogue he is stunned 3 seconds u can do hamstring > mortal > kite if needed this might helps you just charge priest hamstring dump him off if he trinket just intervene your teammate since i dont think he will go in a corner the priest that is he is going 2 your pala u just piercing howl then hamstring "make sure you piercing howl its better" since in that time u will find in this moment in this time when your pala trying 2 get feared the rogue will say "ILL VANISH AND RE OPEN STUNLOCK" so u might pierce howl him while he vanish at the same time " since vanish is broken"
    Not a single dot? Fucking hell, oh and charge isnt usable in combat right?

10+ Year Old Account

The only problems i've had with these teams is the rouge sapping my druid, then him eating a full blind if he trinks, in that time its left to me to survive for about 10-12 secs by my self, so usually the sword and board come out and its sheild wall if i'm relaly taking alot of damage.

If you can survive the first opening you should be able to kill them, i always just beat the rouge down, we try to cyclone the priest and i pop all my trinks and wat not and kill the rouge.

If the rouge opens on you, you might need to use retaliation.

I play paladin/warrior at 2k rating as the paladin.
    When we face PR, our problem isnt the CC. I trinket the blind, avoid the sap with combat or sacrifice and we focus the priest so we dont allow him close enough to fear me.
    At lower ratings we usually just blew up the rogue, but at higher rating when the rogue knows what to do, that doesnt seem viable, going on the rogue.
    Go for the priests, and preassure him. warrior trinkets kidney at the right time, after BS on the priests, and just try and keep him preasured, if you keep the priest preasured, you wont get the holy fire / smite, and key the DISPELLS, making it possible to outheal the rogue with sacred shield actually being on his target. Freedom is used after kidneys.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm playing warrior + shaman in 2v2.. we got to about 2250 rating with that setup. We got like 90% win chance vs rogue + priest (we only loose when they go on a heavy nuke on shaman).

What I usually do when I get focused is to go on priest. spell reflect, sheild bash. charge if he gets out of melee range, even intercept if needed.. just lock down that priest, ask pally for HoF if needed. Ya shoud just do everything to prevent that priest from being able to cast anything.. and ya need to keep up pressure at the same time.. do damage to rogue with sweeping strikes, bladestorm and whirlwind, while mainly hiting priest. Rogue shouldn't be able to kill you on his own and priest will have troubble keeping up with the damage, and will go oom really fast. Slowing the priest also means he wont get to your pally very easily.. and wont be able to fear it. with your pally being able to save trinket for blind, it should be an easy win for ya.