arena prot warrior gear choices....

So I've recently got into running prot in arena and loving it but just a few questions about gear before I go eitherway. I've tired to follow the prot warr fluffumz with his spec and gear. In his armory it shows 2 peice tier 9 tank then for the most part relentless across the board minus rings. Is this the way to go or should I try getting more shield block peices or focus more arena peices?

Re: arena prot warrior gear choices....

u should aim for something like 2300 block atleast. and prolly 2 pieces. t7,5 for the 10% shield slam dmg.

and rest resi and crit/str.

Forget BV and go all out on arp instead and go devastate-mania ;D

In other words gear 2xt9, random pve-arp pieces and some pvp for crit and str.

I'd be doing v5s in last season as prot and I'm at this point as well. Can't decide whether to go with SBV gear or all out PvP gear. Then again, I'm thinking in the lines that if I'll PvP as prot than I should be using Shield Slam, which needs SBV to perfor better. So seems like I'll be going for SBV rather than all out ArP/Crit/Str approach where as both approaches are working fine.

TL;DR depends on your playstyle. I, myself, will prioritize Shield Slam so will go for SBV more than Str & Crit.

If your pvPgear is awesome, use that. If you pvEgear is awesome, use that. From what I've seen stacking BV is better than ArP, but if you only got access to naxx25 and down block gear, relentless/furious pvp gear outperforms it. Meaning, if you got pvp gear and pve gear (ofc BV pve gear) of equal awesomeness, go with BVstacking. If your pvp gear is way more awesome than your pve gear, you will do better in that. If they are equally awesome, use the pve gear.

Ofc you'll only be wanting 2.4k block value in pve gear if you go with pve gear. When you got that, use pvp or arp gear in the rest of the slots.

Edit:
    Upon re-reading, I find that this post ended up quite retarded, something I am sorry for. Can't be arsed to rewrite it however, so live with it
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

so I went with 2 peice T9 for the shield block on both the helm and legs. I currently have the sb shoulders out of heroic toc 10 and the shield out of normal 10 man toc which brings my sb to aroud 2400 ish. I'm looking into maybe grabbing the sb neck out of toc5 man and ring off xt then round out with all relentless/furious gear. again my sb is 2400 i think my ap sits at 4400 and cirt is about 16.5% I do have a lot of gems towards arp atm and run the grim toll which seems to do good damage on proc. I'm also still in debate what i should get on my weapon as an enchant and also find alot of the higher prot players using the 2.6 relentless weapons. While I understand using the relentless weaps, should I follow suit atm using a 2.6 weapon or should i stay with a 1.5 tanking sword?

People have been very succesful with high end pve dps gear with ARP gems. Around 300 resil too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy
    The definition of balance is when all the classes are whining at the same time, at the same volume.

10+ Year Old Account

should I follow suit atm using a 2.6 weapon or should i stay with a 1.5 tanking sword?
    well you want a slow wep that does more damage when it hits a target. Devestate does wep damage plus a little, so that is also good for the slow wep. and the slow wep you are going to get has resielnce on it too.

As this is a recent topic on the same subject, here's the set I'm aiming for the moment.

http://www.chardev.org/?profile=314693

The main problem is, I won't have access to T1 or T2 weapons very easily as I'm still learning Prot PvP and my god it's fun

A bit over SBV soft cap, 2400, in that gear so can replace the ring with an ArP one like Gormok's Band (H). The enchant on weapon is planned Executioner atm but Berserking or Executioner? Can't decide on it.

Also, regarding the glyphs, still undecided on Glyph of HS as I can have Intervene, Enraged Regen, Hamstring, Spell Reflect or Blocking. Minor Glyph of Battle will be switched with Command as I'll have an arms warr in the team, in a 4dps 1healer (or 3dps 2h) v5.

T10 tanking set looks sick for prot pvp btw, absorb shield on every Bloodrage? Hell yea ;D

P.S: In b4 someone asks, yes I do have access to all those gear and have like half it already, just not gemmed & enchanted for pvp.