Surviving warriors

What I really want is to make a HUGE whine post about how god damn op warriors are against resto shamans. But i wont...

Instead I'm just gonna ask for tips on how to survive them. I play at 2100 rating atm (2v2). I can tank any other class for quite some time but warriors just bend me over in no time at all. And yes i fake cast overpowers. It's really hard to kite them aswell because of all the intercepts and shit.. Eventually I have to stop and heal and then i'm dead.

I do 2's with a feral and when he can cyclone it's all good. But when he can't I'm dead. And lets not get into bladestorm, everyone knows it does way too much damage and I cant belive it haven't been fixed.

Deleted

Re: Surviving warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaman
    What I really want is to make a HUGE whine post about how god damn op warriors are against resto shamans. But i wont...

Instead I'm just gonna ask for tips on how to survive them. I play at 2100 rating atm (2v2). I can tank any other class for quite some time but warriors just bend me over in no time at all. And yes i fake cast overpowers. It's really hard to kite them aswell because of all the intercepts and shit.. Eventually I have to stop and heal and then i'm dead.

I do 2's with a feral and when he can cyclone it's all good. But when he can't I'm dead. And lets not get into bladestorm, everyone knows it does way too much damage and I cant belive it haven't been fixed.

So you made a small whinepost instead?

As you're having troubles surviving warriors on your ass, perhaps change the tactic up abit. Altho, I'll admit, as a warrior I find shamans the easiest to kill of all healers, but then again I haven't ever really faced off against a good one (hint).

If you are crying about warriors perhaps you should think about all the classes that rape warriors. You have riptide and ghost wolf to run how is it hard to kite. Second how do you fake cast overpower? if ur in 2100 your argument doesn't sound very convincing. Perhaps its your partner not helping you as he should, its not 1v1

Ofc you can fake cast overpowers, as a priest you fake cast overpower AND shield on rend ticks to stop it proccing OP, thats called good play and will keep you alive.

warriors are rediculous in 2v2 atm, but they are rather easy to kite and controll playing with a feral (i play feral/priest) if your feral sits on them, you can keep distance, join in burst, and because of your extra mana bar, generally outlast their druid, if its a protpally/warrior, well, then you're gonna have to blow bubble/trinket with CC on the pally and then re-CC on a rip up burst for a kill.

essentially, OOM the healer but sitting on his warrior.

Deleted

Fakecast and use healingwave = win agianst warriors.
    Just don't get into a mana battle agianst one. You will lose so badly with no ms.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflid
    distance, join in burst, and because of your extra mana bar, generally outlast their druid
    Sadly shamans mana in arenas are alot worse then a preist. Especially if a warrior is sitting on the shaman. That generally means constant upkeep of ES on self.

Thanks for the replies.

And like Deathflid said, you can fakecast overpowers if you have an addon to track when Unreleting assult procs.

Maybe i should be more specific. If we're up against a pala/warr, priest/warr or shaman/warr it's actually not that hard. My druid simply sits on the warrior and we kill him while getting a cc chain on the healer. So maybe i should've named this post surviving resto druid/warrior.

This is when it gets hard because as against any resto druid team, you have to switch alot to have any chance at all to win the mana war. And when my druid switch for the druid he usually cyclones/root the warrior first. When he gets out of the cyclone he usually go for me while my druid is on thei'r druid. And thats usually when I die. And tbh unrelenting assult proc so often i dont even have time to fake cast that much because eventually i have to get some heals off..

Quote Originally Posted by Archelles
    If you are crying about warriors perhaps you should think about all the classes that rape warriors.
    So so true...
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Oh right. Most fail response.

Me: "Hey, I see you're in queue for Heroic Trial of the Champion. We need a ranged DPS, would you like to join us?"
    Hunter: yah it suxx but the doc gave me a shampoo to kill the crabs
    Hunter: MT

Well Op all I can say is you were unlucky enough to roll one of the few classes that warriors have a huge advantage over.
    Your only tool to escape a warrior is Hex.

All I can really suggest is that you move up into the 3vs3 bracket, as long as your new teammate is not a warlock you should start to dominate the majority of warriors.

I would suggest making the 3rd person a Frost Dk as they have heavy armor, tons of ways to keep a warrior off of you and offer some great utility.

If you are crying about warriors perhaps you should think about all the classes that rape warriors. You have riptide and ghost wolf to run how is it hard to kite. Second how do you fake cast overpower? if ur in 2100 your argument doesn't sound very convincing. Perhaps its your partner not helping you as he should, its not 1v1
    And you just convinced me that you either don't do arena or are around 1500 or lower in rating. And secondly, i didn't make this post to whine about warriors being OP or shamans being bad. I'm just saying that warriors are countering shamans hard in 2v2( If they're with a druid) and i'm simply looking for tips on how to survive them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflid
    Ofc you can fake cast overpowers, as a priest you fake cast overpower AND shield on rend ticks to stop it proccing OP, thats called good play and will keep you alive.

warriors are rediculous in 2v2 atm, but they are rather easy to kite and controll playing with a feral (i play feral/priest) if your feral sits on them, you can keep distance, join in burst, and because of your extra mana bar, generally outlast their druid, if its a protpally/warrior, well, then you're gonna have to blow bubble/trinket with CC on the pally and then re-CC on a rip up burst for a kill.

essentially, OOM the healer but sitting on his warrior.
    That is essentially the most retarded strategy I have ever heard.
    Sit on the warrior ? (you mean feed him the rage he needs to do massive damage ?)

The best thing you can do is "avoid attacking the warrior" Make sure your team uses there CC sparingly

As a warrior myself the 2 things I enjoy most are
    #1 being focused while you try to drain my healers mana (your not going to out damage me in melee combat)
    #2 being chain CC'd at the beginning of a match while you try to kill my pally healer (thanks for making me immune to CC for the rest of the fight)

The best tactic is for the person the warrior is attacking to kite him only using CC so the person he is attacking "your healer" can get his heals off.
    Other than that your team should be focused on burning down and interrupting the casts of the warriors healer.

Once you take down the warriors healer he is fishfood

arms warriors are the anti-healers. they're the only spec/class that can destroy any healer 1v1

a smart healer will run from them because if you try to kill a good arms warrior, you will just get killed

smart druids and shaman avoid them while paladins and priests just hope they d/c

Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    arms warriors are the anti-healers. they're the only spec/class that can destroy any healer 1v1

a smart healer will run from them because if you try to kill a good arms warrior, you will just get killed

smart druids and shaman avoid them while paladins and priests just hope they d/c
    Lol ^

Ember's Shaman Protips on Dueling Warriors:

1. Drop a sentry totem.
    2. Ghost wolf run to far side of the arena.
    3. Activate the sentry totem, to watch the warrior destroying you, from a better vantage point.
    4. Fraps the encounter, and join in with everyone, laughing at the shaman. Pretend to be the warrior.

In this manner, you feel less like the poor schlub getting raped, and more like a spectator.

Deleted

^^This

LOL wow... yea we have riptide alright.... sure does a heck of a lot of healing with that MS on u... lol riptide is rediculously weak compared to say penance, or holy shock. Dont get me wrong riptide is real nice if u dont have an MS effect on u. Also i do admit ghost wolf is good but not when they can just chain charge u... Trust me from a resto shaman's POV warrios are just too damn hard to outlast. Gets frustrating in arena but hey what can ya do! With that ES having to constantly be up u run out of mana in seconds... oh dont forget our amazing mana tide totem! " BOOM pop mana tide tot.... fuck he killed it already =/" well i sure enjoyed getting that 1k mana back! ^_^
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."