Thread: Arena Spec

Arena Spec

So I am a pretty big PvP fan, and after finally convincing some of my RL friend to start PvPing, we made our first arena team. It's been about 1.5 months since we started, and I wanted to change my spec around. I'm currently a SV hunter and want to keep it that way, I hate MM. My armory link can be accessed here: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shu'halo&n=Drasill (My PvP spec is the 0/14/57 build). Before I respec, I had some questions/thoughts about what to do. Keep in mind I run 3v3 with a Disc Priest and a Ret.

Master Tactician:
    Currently I am 4/5 points, however, I don't think that it is worth the 4 points I put in it, even if I put 5 in it it isn't that much better. Should I drop points in it altogether?

Expose Weakness:
    Currently 3/3, thinking of going 2/3 since I have ~30% crit on enemies with ~750 res.

Point of no Escape:
    Not really sure how I feel about this talent. Currently I am 2/2, but am thinking about dropping it altogether.

Pet:
    Currently I have a Cat for the bleeds on Rogues. I know Cats are horrible PvP pets, but I didn't have anything better at the time. I am in the process of leveling a Serpent and Crab, and was wondering if those are good choices, or if any other pet would be better.

I know this was long, and it is my first post. Any input at all would be a great help, if you see something other than the stuff I posted that looks bad go ahead and blast me on it, all value all input. Thanks ^^

Re: Arena Spec

hi i play a hunt (survi) at 2200 let see how i can help u..

ps: bad english inc. :P

the spec has a lot of errors IMO... ill link u the sepc i would use having your gear

but first:

"Expose Weakness:
    Currently 3/3, thinking of going 2/3 since I have ~30% crit on enemies with ~750 res."

no no, that a misstake many huntrs do, if u put just 2 points there dont even expect to have it active all time expecialy if u playin a setup where u r the targer and u have to LOS/kite

"Point of no Escape:
    Not really sure how I feel about this talent. Currently I am 2/2, but am thinking about dropping it altogether."

drop it unless u r super skilled and u can kite your enemies on the frost trap all the time

"Pet:
    Currently I have a Cat for the bleeds on Rogues. I know Cats are horrible PvP pets, but I didn't have anything better at the time. I am in the process of leveling a Serpent and Crab, and was wondering if those are good choices, or if any other pet would be better."

get a crab, pin and RoS r too good

try this spec but remamber that survi pvp spec has a lot of variations, it all depends what setup u r playin and what gear u have
    http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...30523135001021

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

I don't have much time, so a quick tip on the pets:

a spider is a very good pvp option.
    And there is an 80 one ready and waiting for you! Check petopia for the bone blah blah spider in Icecrown, it's just where you go under those walls for the quests in that hole (with flowers etc below). petopia, and maybe follow the link to Thott or so for a map.

Thanks for the help so far, I changed my spec around to what octalol posted, and I am about to get the spider pet. But I was wondering what really is the difference between the Spider and Crab? They both essentially do the same thing, except one can do it from range (Spider) while the other one does it in melee range and is channeled (Crab). So does that mean that if the Crab is channeling Pin on someone, that they can't trinket out of it? Also can they just hit the Crab once and the channeling will be interrupted? Any help would be great, thanks ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Drasill
    Thanks for the help so far, I changed my spec around to what octalol posted, and I am about to get the spider pet. But I was wondering what really is the difference between the Spider and Crab? They both essentially do the same thing, except one can do it from range (Spider) while the other one does it in melee range and is channeled (Crab). So does that mean that if the Crab is channeling Pin on someone, that they can't trinket out of it? Also can they just hit the Crab once and the channeling will be interrupted? Any help would be great, thanks ^^
    i have both.. but i use crab cause specced in the right way it has 20k hp (i am rele/furi geared), spider specced full defensive has max 17k :-\

and dont forget carb has last stand..... imagine it in arena full buffed.. they focus the pet.. Last stand!!! boom! 30k hp ;D ;D