Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Boomkin Vs. Feral....who's DPS is better?

Assuming similar gear and skill Lvls which spec should put out more DPS?

Re: Boomkin Vs. Feral....who's DPS is better?

Feral.

Feral. And if they haven't changed it yet, it's the highest potential dps of any class.

Feral, by about 20% on a Patchwerkesque fight.

Of course there are enough fights that favor ranged to make them even out overall. Of course I've only seen 3-4 good boomkins ever.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

I'm a boomkin, but i'd agree with the above.

-sigh-

I hate questions like this. The answer is whichever suits your playstyle better, people who can't multitask can do terribly as kitties. Aside from fight-dependent issues such as Kologarn forcing kitties to not use Shred, which should result in Boomkin wins and other fights where Melee isn't allowed much time on the boss compared to ranged, kitties should win this easily. The reason is cat DPS is primarily under the player's control. While it's a little difficult to get the buffs and debuffs running, once they're going it's relatively easy to keep them running and get the DPS out of it. Boomkins meanwhile have to rely heavily on the RNG to generate Eclipse procs and switch spells for maximum DPS. That reduces player control and at high ends can lead to +/- over 500 DPS which cats simply don't have to deal with.

We only just had this discussion: http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-dr...a-little-help/

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    I've only seen 3-4 good boomkins ever.
    then u havent met me yet ;D
    but I stopped playing wow now >.<

According to my RAWR, in BiS gear Feral does 10.5k dps and Boomkin does 8.5k dps. That is a 2000 dps difference. Of course Feral is harder to do then Boomkin, and Boomkin is ranged (some fights favor ranged), and they can switch targets easily. It all depends on the fight and the player, but Feral should theoretically have better dps.

kitties ruly in dps atm, but some raids need boomkin buffs and that's a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Solux
    -sigh-

I hate questions like this. The answer is whichever suits your playstyle better, people who can't multitask can do terribly as kitties. Aside from fight-dependent issues such as Kologarn forcing kitties to not use Shred, which should result in Boomkin wins and other fights where Melee isn't allowed much time on the boss compared to ranged, kitties should win this easily. The reason is cat DPS is primarily under the player's control. While it's a little difficult to get the buffs and debuffs running, once they're going it's relatively easy to keep them running and get the DPS out of it. Boomkins meanwhile have to rely heavily on the RNG to generate Eclipse procs and switch spells for maximum DPS. That reduces player control and at high ends can lead to +/- over 500 DPS which cats simply don't have to deal with.
    $10 says feral wins on kolagarn too.

Moonkins don't get so many buffs like Melees tbh, only ones are totems and maybe a cool mages that gives you 3% more crit ^^
    Melees get buffed more in fights and Melees top Dmg meters...

boomkins benefit from 3% offensive crit and 5% offensive spell crit debuffs, and woa and totem of wrath /demonic pact.

Another note, kitties are more buff dependent than boomkins. Especially since boomkin put up their own 13% spell damage and hit. On the dummy (to simulate a raid/group where buffs are limited) they will actually come out closer to equal.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

I've always seen boomkins as highest dps. In my expieriences, a geared boomkin is > a geared kitty. Most likely wrong though, just my observations.

In Instances a Boomkin > Feral, depends on group setup tho, but a pro Moonkin should be leading...
    in raids Feral > Boomkin, I never liked to accept it, but thats how it is ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Regen89
    $10 says feral wins on kolagarn too.
    Swipe spam doesn't count

Feral is much harder to play well, possibly one of the hardest specs currently to maximize. However, in my experience a good feral will outdps a good boomkin every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryostasys
    Swipe spam doesn't count
    Like hell it doesn't.

feral ackowledged highest single target dps