Prot Warrior, input pls

Hi,

Im looking for any input I can get to inprove my tanking spec.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ht&n=Bloodkite

I have noticed that some people state not to Gem for pure def. I have & it works well for me.

Another issue, I believe I have to much expertise....

Any how all and any comment would be much appreciated

Thanks

Re: Prot Warrior, input pls

Actually, you don't have enough expertise. 26 is soft the cap, and you're at 20.

I'd use 10 def/15 stam for yellow sockets, 10 dodge/15 stam for reds, and 30 stams in blues.

In your case however, I'd use 10 expertise/15 stams in your red and blue sockets until you're at 26 expertise.

It turns out I was looking at wow heroes and say 96 expertise... after looking at wow armoury I see i am in fact too low.

Thanks for the input

Any thing else?

Change the parry gem in your wrist, NEVER gem for parry, same goes for hit, hit is nearly useless, and don't do pure expertise, do stam/expertise.

Stop gearing for block.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Erwiss Gnerwiss!

Two things first:

Is threat a problem for you?
    Do you encounter Acidmaw, Deadscale, and / or Icehowl and do they kill you often? (parry haste flag enabled on those!)

If your answers are both times No i suggest to:

• remove any expertise / hit / dodge / parry gems and go for pure stamina gems and furthermore
    • replace Armsman by +18 stamina on your gloves
    • replace Lifeward by Bladeward
    • try to get items without any shield block rating or shield block value
    • use a third major glyphe: Glyph of Shield Wall which is devastating in my oppinion
    • reduce talent points in One-Handed Weapon Specialization and /or Gag Order to get free points for:
    • Improved Disciplines (!!!!!!!)

Best regards
    Razgar

Razgar you got some things wrong like he needs to remove points in shield specc and put it in Improved Disciplines sens you are allways caped on rage as a prot warr. and hit is not a useless stat sens how are you to hit with your taunt (goremok is a bich in that way) i know glyph of taunt fixes that but still a major slot
    bladeward is not really that good but blood draining is just awsome sens you get a auto heal when you need it like a mini AD
    other than that it is true what you say if you have def cap going for stam is the best
    does having soft cap on expretise help yes but it is not a must

so to get this short

get more stam gems
    get glyph of devaste,shield wall and blocking
    remove talents in shield specc and get Improved Disciplines
    get blood draining for that heal when you get low
    and ppl getting 1 part shield block value part before DR kicks in works

Quote Originally Posted by Harith
    Razgar you got some things wrong like he needs to remove points in shield specc and put it in Improved Disciplines
    I see now way, to replace 5/5 Shield Specialization, else you have to put points into Improved Disarm, Puncture or Safeguard to reach the lower tiers. This is for me not a good choice.

well you remove 2 points!! not 5

Vigilance is good for your raid, take it.

Take out your threat gems and replace them with +stamina or +def/+stamina.

And change those glyphs ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Harith
    well you remove 2 points!! not 5
    Seems to me, that we have just different priorities

But, in that case: Sample - where would you put the 2 points needed to reach the tiers below if you were Timberwolfe?

I still suggest Shield Specialization 5/5

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Razgar

But, in that case: Sample - where would you put the 2 points needed to reach the tiers below if you were Timberwolfe?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...KTt_mYj,,10747 is a fairly viable protection spec, but it depends on your raid layout if you need improved demo shout or not.

But to continue this discussion: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...auLYoq0,,10747 is a viable way to place your talent points, it's mostly aimed at TPS/DPS however rather than survability. Most protection warriors used that spec for the entire duration of the t7 farm, as survability wasn't needed and added damage was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Razgar

you don't grab shorter CD on shield block?? omg fail

Gemming for Defense isn't bad if you need to do it to reach 540 Defense skill. Once your gear is good enough to have 540 Defense skill without gems, generally you can fill all sockets with 30 Stamina. For the Red gem you need for your meta, either use 10 Exp+15 Stam or 10 Dodge+15 Stam. I wouldn't recommend gemming for socket bonuses unless you are never in danger of dying.

If the bosses you are tanking are not challenging you, gear and spec for threat. This means Deep Wounds and Expertise and Hit. If they are killing you, either you're undergeared, or you need to spec and gear for survivability. If DPS is pulling off you, get them to Tricks and Misdirect you first, if that doesn't work, respec for some more threat. If that doesn't work, then change your gear or gems.

Improved Revenge is a threat talent. Incite is a threat talent. Vigilance is a threat talent, and is probably the best one in the Prot tree.

You need 26 Expertise to remove a mob's ability to Dodge your attacks. You need 56 Expertise to remove a mob's ability to Parry your attacks. You have 20 Expertise. You can only have too much Expertise if you're above 56, or if you are wearing inferior gear just to gain more Expertise and bosses are killing you.

I'm guessing you are just tanking heroics since you have the Cleave glyph. If that is the case, fill up your empty Major Glyph slot with either Shockwave, Devastate, or Blocking.