Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Good Anti-Rogue Classes for BGs?

Quote Originally Posted by Synthets
    a good rogue destroys a good warrior, a bad rogue dies to a warrior, which are you?
    A good player kills any class with whatever class he has.
    Classes have pro's and cons against eachother. But in the end, It's about gear and who can think of the best combo to kick the other players ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!

I didn't take the time to read all of the replies to your post, but being a Prot. Warrior, I can say that I have only been beaten by 2 rogues, and they were in either full BiS PvE gear, or Relentless PvP...Mind you, i'm in my block set for this, which conists of ilvl 200 epics, along with some blues. Warriors have Critical Block in the protection tree, which is amazing if you are in a Block Value set, everytime a rogue hits you, you are dealing upwards to around 650-700 damage per hit. Also, a rogue will almost always do a slow/run/stealth trick...as a Prot Warrior, you have access to Warbringer, which lets you Charge AND Intercept in combat, regardless of stance, AND it removes all movement impairing effects on you, thus ruining the rogue's plan.

Not to mention, in my opinion (i have a rogue as well) Warriors are the most fun class in the game to play due to the ammount of tricks you can do in combat to make up for your lack of heals. It's truely amazing what you can do once you master the Warrior class.

Quote Originally Posted by Icpie
    Human or not, better rogue comes out on top.

Rarely lose to a resto druid.

Rarely lose to a frost mage 1v1 even after his cold snap. (Arenas and duels vs 2500+ mages)
    I honestly don't see why other rogues are having such a hard time with frost mages. I find them fairly easy to predict because you know you're going to be frozen 50% of the fight and slowed a little over 80% of the fight.

Destro locks. I've never lost 1v1 to a destro lock personally. Vanish chaos bolt if the match even lasts that long, trinket DC, profit. Cloak seduce if he's got a succy, and vanish the next one, then kick the next and the lock would've blown trinket and port by then with little life left. Locks only have a chance with a voidy tbh.

Then finally, the disc priest. Depends on who you're fighting I guess. I've lost nearly every duel vs my partner (whom is retired) and never had trouble vs any other.

P.S.- I don't prep in duels.
    Don't believe any of it, especially the restodruid. All he has to do is hot and wait til you die to thorns.
    frostmage: dunno whom you play, but I've never EVER seen ayrez lose to a rogue, even excellent ones
    destro locks: don't buy it either, although this one I consider the likeliest
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest
    I had the same issue as you and decided to try out all classes meant to kill rogues. I used to play a warlock in TBC and rogue were such a pain that it forced me to reroll since any BG with more than 3 rogues turned into a nightmare.

I tried every single class at max level.

This is my list for you to mess up rogues big time.

1:Ret/prot Paladin.
    2:Warrior Prot or arms.
    3eath Knight / Frost mage.

Of all these the frost mage is one of the most versatile and slippery adversary. Played well you can destroy anyone in pvp.

Judge you own skill but if you are really just after smashing just rogues specifically and make them cry, roll a paladin. A geared paladin versus a geared rogue is just no contest.
    Really questionable. Yeh, in BG where skill is often absent, if both just faceroll absent-mindedly the pala has the upper hand.. But when the skill comes in, the result of the fight is questionable)
    Well, since we're talking about BG's, you might be right here.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    disc: no way. A good disc can rape a rogue hardtime. Trazyo (glad disc from my guild) can easily beat skaary (vengeful/brutal/deadly glad rogue, top5 cyclone)
    So if 1 Dpriest is able to win a 1v1 against 1 Rogue, that means Dpriests should always beat a Rogue? I'm sure that 80% of the Priest VS Rogue fights will be won by the Rogue.

Also, you won't have alot of 1v1 situations against a Dpriest or any healer at all anyway, and a fight against a healer is NEVER a certain loss nor a certain win, whatever class you are or he/she is. Just be glad you got the class which can beat up the most classes in 1v1 of all the classes out there.

Prot Paliden...... yep. Watch 3 rogues come at you and laugh when your consecrate kills them all.
    Hello 15 year old that considers himself a mature, sensible and truthspeaking God of Man.

15+ Year Old Account

I find that an unholy dk with 21pts in blood using mark of blood never dies from a rogue. Its a good trump card for spammers since the general rogue population has only 1 attack and maybe 3-4 other supporting attacks (stuns and vanish) lol

Don't believe any of it, especially the restodruid. All he has to do is hot and wait til you die to thorns.
    frostmage: dunno whom you play, but I've never EVER seen ayrez lose to a rogue, even excellent ones
    destro locks: don't buy it either, although this one I consider the likeliest
    I'm only about 2k on my mage but i've spent a lot of time dueling and even vs 2400 and 2500 rogues from my guild I havent lost in a long time... Ever since i really started gearing up my mage early in S7 I've really never lost to a rogue since then so I kind of doubt that as well. On the same token though, my GM is a 2500+ mage and he loses to some of the rogues that i beat so... i guess its possible if you are fighting the right mages.

Edit: lol, i just read all of his post and yeah, he's full of shit. It is not possible to beat a frost mage who is on point w/o prep. Eventually you will eat a stun and you will go from %85+ to dead. The only real way to kill a frost mage if they are good (not the tards you're beating w/o prep) is to force an iceblock and then vanish and wait for a second cloak.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by sc2071
    Greetings,

Thinking about rolling an alt. I'm on the fence between a couple classes, namely Warrior, Shaman, Warlock, and maybe Death Knight. I'd look for something that has good damage and survivability for BGs in general. In addition to that, I would like a class that can survive or better yet counter a rogue stun-lock.

I would just like to hear about people experiences against rogues with their preferred class/spec, and how they feel they fair. I'm not looking for an "I Win" button class, but I don't like getting jumped by a rogue and feeling I might as well take a bio break while I get owned.

Thanks!
    Take it from someone who has a rogue and a warrior, prot warrior (you can be a terribad prot warrior and still kill rogues) even well played arms warrior can tear a rogue to pieces. Dks arent to bad to fight a rogue with, however our true biggest counter if played masterfully hands down is frost mage. However most frost mages are bad which usually ends in the rogue preping and then forcing the mage to a hypothermia state so the cant ice block again.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    So if 1 Dpriest is able to win a 1v1 against 1 Rogue, that means Dpriests should always beat a Rogue? I'm sure that 80% of the Priest VS Rogue fights will be won by the Rogue.

Also, you won't have alot of 1v1 situations against a Dpriest or any healer at all anyway, and a fight against a healer is NEVER a certain loss nor a certain win, whatever class you are or he/she is. Just be glad you got the class which can beat up the most classes in 1v1 of all the classes out there.
    Those are the two best players of the class I know, skaary being one of the best european rogues, make few to no mistakes at all. a 1200 rated rogue may beat a 1200 rated disc, but a top10 disc will beat a top10 rogue.

Deleted

Those are the two best players of the class I know, skaary being one of the best european rogues, make few to no mistakes at all. a 1200 rated rogue may beat a 1200 rated disc, but a top10 disc will beat a top10 rogue.
    1v1? No. I'd belive it if you sayd a rogue can't kill disc priest alone at that ratig but disc priest can't also kill the rogue so that fight would go on forever.

Anyway, best anti rogue class is a (prot) paladin but ret comes pretty close too. Theres just nothing a rogue can do. Only way to lose to a rogue is if you're really bad, don't have any CDs ready or the rogue has help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzader
    Frost mages counter rogues.
    EDIT: if you lvl from 10 in BG then this doesnt apply, untill you get further in the frost tree... lvl 40+ or so, rogues will be able to 2shot you with ambush etc, but dont worrie, that stuff doesnt work at higher lvls
    I can Verify this post,
    I almost lvl'ed my mage from pure BGs frost, as soon as I hit 40 I stopped dying to them, Mostly becouse of my pet but still, it's fun to get back at the class that frustrated me for so long on that toon. I am also looking forward to 60 when I get a stun of my own!
    (that and being a Human I use 2 dps trinkets! one applying poison!, I'm lvl 58 atm if your wondering)

Frost mage. They are currently imo the most op dps class in pvp at this time. They can counter rogues fairly easily.

Plate has never really been that good against rogues that know how to bleed. But prot / holy paladin will still give a rogue a run for hes money. Other than that , as has been said before... the best rogue counter is another rogue.

frost mage or SV hunter. Most def.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

Quote Originally Posted by ita
    1v1? No. I'd belive it if you sayd a rogue can't kill disc priest alone at that ratig but disc priest can't also kill the rogue so that fight would go on forever.
    the rogue dies to reflective shield, long before the priest would go oom. if the priest jsut puts up dp and sw: p the rogue will die very quickly (after cloak)

Quote Originally Posted by sc2071
    Greetings,

Thinking about rolling an alt. I'm on the fence between a couple classes, namely Warrior, Shaman, Warlock, and maybe Death Knight. I'd look for something that has good damage and survivability for BGs in general. In addition to that, I would like a class that can survive or better yet counter a rogue stun-lock.

I would just like to hear about people experiences against rogues with their preferred class/spec, and how they feel they fair. I'm not looking for an "I Win" button class, but I don't like getting jumped by a rogue and feeling I might as well take a bio break while I get owned.

Thanks!
    A good old shield to the face puts any rogue to cry.
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

10+ Year Old Account

Unless he's Relentless-geared, my holy pally can beat almost every rogue. The trick is surviving the first 2 stuns and staying above 40% HP, because he'll do that cooldown-extension thing if you're low HP. Also, keep Sacred Sheild, Ret Aura, and Consecration up. If you need to bubble or trinket, to escape the 2 first stuns, do so. In time, you won't need to anymore.

Mind you, not having SS may make rogues a lot tougher. I never really fought a rogue outside BG's before hitting 80.

EDIT: YEAH POST 100!

Rogue with weapons from TOC10 or 25 even, evenom spec'd can kill almost every plate if played right.

Druids are great in BG's period, and against rogues are no exception.

For ferals, bear form and lacerate will kill any rogue in 2minutes and leave you at 95% health. Its not fancy, but it works. Treetanks can outheal all but rogues in much higher gear levels with good stunlock usage, and kite to dps or dot the rogue and kill him slowly.

Boomkin is harder, but barkskin, self hots, and dots on rogue work well while kiting.

My main is a Druid, but I also have a Rogue, Warlock, and DK. All of these have been raped by good rogues many times, and killed them a few times. It easiest with the druid. And battlegrounds are the most fun with a feral druid, since in a battleground a feral is essentially a rogue with less stuns that can heal or dot if needed, and there are many times when a ranged dot or heal turns the battle in a BG.

Quote Originally Posted by og1
    Rogue with weapons from TOC10 or 25 even, evenom spec'd can kill almost every plate if played right.
    Prot pally or holy pally is nigh impossible