buy a new computer need a little bit help plz!

I need to buy a new computer to play wow raid again =p i been out for like 4 monthlys how will this system play wow raid with ultar settings?
    Computer A Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620(2.6GHz)
    Processor Main Features 64 bit Quad-Core Processor
    Cache Per Processor 4 x 512KB L2 Cache
    Memory 4GB DDR3 1333
    Hard Drive 500GB SATA II
    Optical Drive 1 22X DL DVD+/-RW Drive
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT 1GB
    Audio Sound card - Integrated
    Ethernet 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet
    Power Supply 700W
    Keyboard iBUYPOWER USB Deluxe Keyboard
    Mouse iBUYPOWER USB Mouse
    Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Special Features NZXT GAMMA Gaming Tower
    Motherboard
    Chipset AMD 770
    CPU
    CPU Type Athlon II X4
    Installed Qty 1
    CPU Speed 620(2.6GHz)
    L2 Cache Per CPU 4 x 512KB
    CPU Socket Type AM3
    CPU Main Features 64 bit Quad-Core Processor
    Graphics
    GPU/VPU Type NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
    Graphics Interface PCI Express 2.0 x16
    Memory
    Memory Capacity 4GB DDR3
    Memory Speed DDR3 1333
    Form Factor DIMM 240-pin
    Memory Spec 2GB x 2
    Memory Slots (Available/Total) 2/4
    Maximum Memory Supported 16GB
    Hard Drive
    HDD Capacity 500GB
    HDD Interface SATA II
    Optical Drive
    Optical Drive Type DVD±RW
    Optical Drive Spec 22X DL DVD+/-RW Drive
    Audio
    Audio Chipset Integrated
    Audio Channels 8 channels
    Communications
    LAN Chipset Integrated
    LAN Speed 10/100/1000Mbps
    Front Panel Ports

Re: buy a new computer need a little bit help plz!

Looks to me like it'd probably do just fine.

this computer B how will this run too
    AMD Athlon II X2 245(2.9GHz)
    Processor Main Features 64 bit Dual Core Processor
    Cache Per Processor 2 x 1MB L2 Cache
    Memory 4GB DDR2 800
    Hard Drive 1TB SATA II
    Optical Drive 1 22X DL DVD+/-RW Drive
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce G210 512MB
    Audio Sound card - Integrated
    Ethernet 10/100/1000Mbps
    Power Supply 480W
    Keyboard iBUYPOWER USB Deluxe Keyboard
    Mouse iBUYPOWER USB Mouse
    Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Special Features iBUYPOWER A235 Gaming Tower
    Motherboard
    Chipset AMD 780G
    CPU
    CPU Type Athlon II X2
    Installed Qty 1
    CPU Speed 245(2.9GHz)
    L2 Cache Per CPU 2 x 1MB
    CPU Socket Type AM3
    CPU Main Features 64 bit Dual Core Processor
    Graphics
    GPU/VPU Type NVIDIA GeForce G210
    Graphics Interface PCI Express 2.0 x16
    Memory
    Memory Capacity 4GB DDR2
    Memory Speed DDR2 800
    Form Factor DIMM 240-pin
    Memory Spec 2GB x 2
    Memory Slots (Available/Total) 2/4
    Maximum Memory Supported 8GB
    Hard Drive
    HDD Capacity 1TB
    HDD Interface SATA II
    Optical Drive
    Optical Drive Type DVD±RW
    Optical Drive Spec 22X DL DVD+/-RW Drive
    Audio
    Audio Chipset Integrated
    Communications
    LAN Chipset Integrated
    LAN Speed 10/100/1000Mbps

Those will both run just fine, IMO. The first is much better though.

Both of them look "ok" mostly, however both of them could really use a better Graphics card.
    I'd personally suggest seeing if you can get a gfx from the new ati series, either 57xx or 58xx,
    both of them at the moment gives the best bang for the buck.

Also about Cpu, as long as you atleast get a dual core (quadcore if ofc okay as well ^^), that is faster than 2ghz,
    this should be fine for Wow. And about the Ram, depending on what os you'll go for, i'd suggest at the least 4gb, with Either DDR2 or DDR3.

As long as you get theese stats + 1 of the graphicscard, you probally wont even have to worry about upgrading for wow even when next expansion comes out.

-Langianu

Four gigs of ram seems a little weak imo. Even the average laptop can fit 8gigs now. I agree on getting a new gfx card though. Either the new 5 series of ATI or one of the newest nvidia cards the GTX 295/85
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

I believe that 4 gigs is more than adequate for gaming, especially WoW. You'd only need more if you're into rendering of some sort. Both systems are good, but you'd save more money by building it yourself with the same parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekhetyo
    Four gigs of ram seems a little weak imo. Even the average laptop can fit 8gigs now. I agree on getting a new gfx card though. Either the new 5 series of ATI or one of the newest nvidia cards the GTX 295/85
    over 4gb of ram is generally not need tbh... only if your video editing or using very memory hungry programs will you need that much... I have 4gb and tbh while playing wow and other programs I hardly ever use more than 2.5gb at most (on windows 7...think vista takes a bit more )
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

with computer A can i upgrade the video card down the road??

Buying a prebuilt PC is probably not the best idea. Some prebuilt PC's are hard wired to to use in house hardware exclusivly.
    I suggest going to Newegg.com and putting together your own system.
    If you want Windows7, who doesn't? Get a memory kit that has 3 sticks of 2gb ram.
    As for a cpu, anything with dual core or better will be sufficient. I suggest the Intel 920 quad. It's cheap and easy to overclock.
    Motherboard. Depends on what you want out of it. Pick something that has room for how much memory you want, plus enough slots for video/sound cards. Asus, DFI, Gigabyte, and EVGA are all good bets.
    Graphics card. Ati 4000 series or Nvidia GTX 200 series will be overkill honestly. Anything from those catagories will give you 60FPS at max settings.
    Powersource. Get a trusted name like Corsair or Antec. 550watts for single GPU, 850watts for SLi or Xfire.

If you choose wisely, you can easily build a PC with several years of top of the line gaming for $1000

Reminder, DX11 is just around the corner. You wont need it for WoW, but games will be coming for in around Christmas time. Also, going this route, you will need to put it together yourself. This isnt for everyone, but is not hard to accomplish.
    Have fun with it!

Quote Originally Posted by zareksis
    with computer A can i upgrade the video card down the road??

Yes, any PCI Express 2.0 Graphics card will fit in it's slot. When you upgrade cards, you will need to remove the old drivers before installing the new card or you will suffer many problems.
    If the motherboard has 2 PCI-E slots, you can install a second card of the same type/manufacturer and connect them with a SLI connector for even better results.

I hope this helps.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adon
    Buying a prebuilt PC is probably not the best idea. Some prebuilt PC's are hard wired to to use in house hardware exclusivly.
    I suggest going to Newegg.com and putting together your own system.
    If you want Windows7, who doesn't? Get a memory kit that has 3 sticks of 2gb ram.
    As for a cpu, anything with dual core or better will be sufficient. I suggest the Intel 920 quad. It's cheap and easy to overclock.
    Motherboard. Depends on what you want out of it. Pick something that has room for how much memory you want, plus enough slots for video/sound cards. Asus, DFI, Gigabyte, and EVGA are all good bets.
    Graphics card. Ati 4000 series or Nvidia GTX 200 series will be overkill honestly. Anything from those catagories will give you 60FPS at max settings.
    Powersource. Get a trusted name like Corsair or Antec. 550watts for single GPU, 850watts for SLi or Xfire.

If you choose wisely, you can easily build a PC with several years of top of the line gaming for $1000

Reminder, DX11 is just around the corner. You wont need it for WoW, but games will be coming for in around Christmas time. Also, going this route, you will need to put it together yourself. This isnt for everyone, but is not hard to accomplish.
    Have fun with it!
    He plans to buy from IBUYPOWER so there is no fear of that. They use off the shelf components. If it was Dell, HP, Sony or Lenovo, they would use specially designed components.

yes they both premades from newegg and both is ibuypower.