Thread: Disarmed!

Disarmed!

Hi, I did a fresh run on GOTUR 10man and we got all achivement except Disarmed!. We did what it exactly said, raidleader even did that week before when doing gotur and he got it. Now we did exactly the same and didn't get it and ofc we did a GM ticket... Now gm answered: We can't see for that achivement on what went wrong and you have to redo it.....................................

What i wanna discuss is if this now was a bug why can't they just see a log that is probably just less then 2 hours old.? dont they log bosskills? This would have been so usefull and not gonna have to go redo it next week AND if we fail again im so gonna get emo

Sry for my bad english.

Re: Disarmed!

wtf is GOTUR
    Phyta-[H] Gorgonash - 85 Tauren Warrior - Beastmode Tanking / Arms Deeps
    Suberror-[H] Dragonmaw - 85 Undead Priest - Healing made Easy Holy MS [PvE] / Disc OS [PvP] 3824 resil

Quote Originally Posted by Phyta
    wtf is GOTUR
    Glory Of The Ulduar Raider.
    It's the Ulduar meta-achievement for hardmodes/speed kills/etc, gets you the Proto-drakes.

My uneducated guess is twofold: the combat 'logs' you speak of are not something that is visual but more text based--in the sense that recording every boss fight (or even just the successful ones) would require an ungodly amount of hard-drive space, and that the data supplied for this encounter was not sufficient for the GM to make a justifiable action.

That being said, I've encountered this bug as well. It seems that if you kill the 2nd arm and subsequently the body (IE the body has 300k, the arm's total HP is 500k, so the Arm's death necessitates the body's death simultaneously), you'll get the error sometimes. That being said, when I got that achievement for my Rusted, that's exactly how I did it.

The second part of my uneducated guess is that it has to do with the scripting for the encounter. Kologarn, just like many important boss fights in WoW, are heavily scripted in away that makes tracking certain elements hard, and can cause bugs easily. Some fights are (still my uneducated guess) relatively simple in conception: (Lucifron, Golemagg [MC], High King Maulgar [Gruul's Lair], Northrend Beasts [ToC/ToGC]). They're all independent units with straightforward threat tables, who operate simply, where special abilities are not super complex.

Then you have fights where things are scripted pretty darn heavily, or so I've been told and suspect (Twins, to a lesser extent[Toc/ToGC], Reliquary of Souls/Mother Shaz[Black Temple], Kologarn [Ulduar], Razorgore[BWL]). All of the listed fights are heavy in their scripting, or in other words, require many game commands for the mechanics to work. These fights also have had issues in the past, and some still do to this day. While I personally have not experienced bugs on twins, Razorgore could be DIed (long time ago, anyway) to avoid adds; Kologarn doesn't always track his Disarmed achievement, RoS would leave the entire zone combat bugged if you DIed someone during a wipe, and at one point (3.1 patch release) Mother Shaz would teleport EVERYONE, not just the 1-3, as a target of her fatal attraction.

TL;DR? Scripting probably got in the way. Do it again next week and hope for better.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cairne&n=Carexis