battlenet merge problems

hey there.
    i havent played WOW for about 6 months. i went to load up my game card and wow said i had too make a battle net account.
    so i do that and now it wont let me merge my old account. it says its already merged. i cant manually ad the auth key either. ive tried too check the forms about this. and it looks like theres alot of other people with the same problem. can anyone help me out here too get too my WOW account?

Re: battlenet merge problems

Your account was, at some point, hacked. This happened to my brother as well when he came back from a 6 month break. It's anybody's guess as to when it actually happened.

It's not uncommon to see the hackers get the password via a keylogger, wait a few months to actually get into the account, use a stolen credit card to reactivate it, change the email address and do a battle.net account merge.

When my brother contacted Blizzard they told him he is SOL because it had been several months since the account was hacked and subsequently banned. He's still trying to appeal that, but it doesn't look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Llunai
    Your account was, at some point, hacked. This happened to my brother as well when he came back from a 6 month break. It's anybody's guess as to when it actually happened.

It's not uncommon to see the hackers get the password via a keylogger, wait a few months to actually get into the account, use a stolen credit card to reactivate it, change the email address and do a battle.net account merge.

When my brother contacted Blizzard they told him he is SOL because it had been several months since the account was hacked and subsequently banned. He's still trying to appeal that, but it doesn't look good.
    thats kinda what im reading.
    the only way i could have gotten hacked was from a stupid add-on.
    so im assuming that i cant even use my auth keys, and have to buy the damn games again.

Van' if you were hacked such as Llunai said then you may be SOL... sry..

Maybe you just forgot that you merged it? Thats what I did. It took me a while to figure out that not only did I switch the registered email address for my account, but that I merged it as well.

Hopefully thats the case for you, if not, ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Llunai

this is what happened to me just recently

I couldnt egt on WoW and I found out my acount was hacked and already merged, now that I got i got it back the hacker apparently got it banned, I just sent an email to the admins appealing my case hopefully I can get unbanned

Quote Originally Posted by vanwylder21
    thats kinda what im reading.
    the only way i could have gotten hacked was from a stupid add-on.
    so im assuming that i cant even use my auth keys, and have to buy the damn games again.
    Contact Blizzard. If they don't seem to inclined to get you your account back, contact them again. Phone them. Get after them continuously. They're going to have to get it back sooner or later. They tend to give people trouble, but do get it back in the end.

And no, you did not receive the keylogger from an addon. Addons are not executable files and therefore cannot contain keyloggers. The ONLY way a keylogger could have come from an addon is if you downloaded it from some ill-reputed site and it was zipped up into an exe self-extracting kind of file.

That said, buy an authenticator.