Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shaman tier 10 - So bad they're afraid to show us?

Just thought of this, what if the set isn't as amazing as everyone says it has to be for us waiting so long to see it, what if blizzard originally just put of showing us it on the preview page, and now after so much anticapation they're quickly trying to rehash it to make it more badass.

How likely do you guys think this is?
    I don't play an 80 shaman myself, but I'm generally worried about you guys, 'specially after our awesome warlock set hehehe. ;D

Deleted

Re: Shaman tier 10 - So bad they're afraid to show us?

we can only wait. but every day that we gotta wait kinda sucks specially when boub is rubbing it in with T10 recaps!

?

or its that nice that they wait this long so the other classes cant qq when its live:O

Basically when something like this happens, it's because someone spilled coffee on the computer that had the shaman t10 graphics stored, so now they're frantically trying to recreate what they had before, praying it doesn't look like steaming crap. Much like the coffee they were drinking at the time of the spill.

Art Dept. dropped the ball, in other words.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

KAMAN just give us T6 with black + red colors!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight
    Basically when something like this happens, it's because someone spilled coffee on the computer that had the shaman t10 graphics stored, so now they're frantically trying to recreate what they had before, praying it doesn't look like steaming crap. Much like the coffee they were drinking at the time of the spill.

Much more likely it got to a late design stage and somebody realized it looked horrible and they're back at square one. Commercial software shops have far too much centralized storage etc. to get critted by the coffee monster.

Still given that all of T9 looked horrible and should have been redone it's kinda promising that this time they're actually making the effort to redo it

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight

Both you sig and your avatar made me lol.

Honestly it is not getting redesigned and "somebody" did not realize that it looks bad. It is getting rejected. The modelers/ texture artist are not producing the quality that they want (as in the quality of what blizzard wants not what people in the community want).

Also another problem that could be happening is that shaman gear has had lots of effects on it (lightning and floating rocks for just example) there could be problems with the effects that keep on getting the model kicked back (industry term).

One thing's for sure. After all this wait, anything less than legendary will be a disappointment.
    *pressure* >
    Culto, the goblin undead warlock!
    Fuck it. I'm not waiting that long.

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/un...er10sneak.html
    /Cheers from Tisla of Saurfang EU!

Omg, I'm so sick of shaman QQ over their teir 10. All your sets look awesome, maybe thats because the people who design them actuall take time and effort into creating the best shaman armor they can. I would rather wait longer for my tier instead of having them give mages a robe with a dunce cap every single time.

In short. Your set is going to look awesome. Suck it up and wait the extra time it takes for that. Art isn't an on demand process.

Oh em gee! So ugly

www.Ronin-guild.eu

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Holy shit, that's scary-lookin'...
    Originally Posted by Fargo (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The primordial soup that creates heroes never tastes of rainbows -- it’s a lumpy gumbo of suffering and evil.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by en8t1

I bet that will look sweet on trolls, DOUBLE TUSKS FTW!!
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

Quote Originally Posted by en8t1
    WOW NICE! Looks kinda druidish but I still like it (whether its real or not).

From a technical stand point that gear is very good looking. Lots of polygons that set and even polygons for the effects. And the textures look good, a bit desaturated not very wow-ish even with the more desaturated color pallet set from Wrath.

and there you go. My point was proven.

15+ Year Old Account

I think this looks better than most of the T10. The druid set looks like a muppet, the rogues set looks like they tried to put on a really small pair of Pajamas, Hunters... lol.

I'm pretty glad the set has a northrend feel to it.
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

wow, it looks better than I expected. It reminds of Howling Fjord northern area imo. Some may think it looks terrible, but I'm pretty sure it's not the worst t10 set. Grats shamans!

10+ Year Old Account

Very interesting set. The shoulders don't stand out like the other shaman sets do, but I'm not saying that's good or bad.