Thread: Fire in BGs

Fire in BGs

In BGs is so much easyer to stay out of range of thoes nasty melee classes and i want to try something new...
    Im need some help whit a viable BG fire spec, and glyph surgestions...

... And before you start trolling the topic whit "go frost or arcane posts", let me point out i have no interests, whats so ever, in hearing your oppinion about thoes specs.
    So please, firespec @ BG advise only if you´ll be so kind.

What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

Re: Fire in BGs

Damn it... and here I was thinking you were going to post about how interesting it would be to have fire in BGs a-la the Orgrimmar Arena...

Dont be a Holy Priest in BGs, dont be a pure Subtlety Rogue in BGs, dont be a Demonology Warlock in BGs and dont be a Fire Mage in BGs.

It's just not going to be pleasent. Oh, and L2Grammar please.

Quote Originally Posted by Accuser.
    It's just not going to be pleasent. Oh, and L2Grammar please.
    This isn't grammar school, but if you're going to preach it I suggest you also learn to spell. I was unaware that pleasant had two 'e's.

Im sorry, i apparently didnt make myself clear enough Accuser, when i asked for none trolls and actual advice on a fun firespec to play whit in BGs, and as it goes whit my spelling. I do not have English as native tounge or whatever its called, but then again i didnt ask for a spellcheck did i?
    As long as people actualy understand the question im asking and can set aside, my obius lack of l33tsp3ak and prober grammer uberness, im happy whit that.
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

I've tried absolutely every spec in BG's extensively.. And to be COMPLETELY honest.

Theres nothing wrong with fire. It just takes a bit more practice. I was getting more killing blows and less deaths as fire than I was as frost. Its alot more AoE damage. You still have good control via stuns/dragons breath/blast wave. The burst is great since its not AS situational as frost. But I have one warning. If your geared for frost pvp (E.g Haste/sp gear) Your going to start out gimped, you want As much crit as you can get. Since fire is nothing but a crit build. But trust me, don't listen to these trolls. I don't know the exact build you would want but I do know some glyph choices

Glyph of scorch, Its a must, Scorch will be your "spammed" ability to get your 2 crits off for hot streak.

Glyph of Living Bomb, Its a no brainer really. High Crit % plus this glyph = hard hitting DoT /w no cd

Glyph of Molten Armor, More crit is guud!
    In conclusion. Theres absolutely nothing wrong with fire. And to back it up
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmkNU7qRXkc Heres a great fire mage doing what they do best. Now keep in mind this guy has been PvP Fire since Day 1 of WoW. But hey, you might be a natural

not only is that video totally inspiring, but movits are amazing!

i tried fire pvp the other day and gave up when i got mullered, however i may dust off my singed shoes after watching that and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by GISP
    whit whit whit
    I'm sorry, I know you said English isn't your first language, but it's with. Not whit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Your bridge is that way ---------->
    Hater's gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellbind211
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmkNU7qRXkc Heres a great fire mage doing what they do best. Now keep in mind this guy has been PvP Fire since Day 1 of WoW. But hey, you might be a natural
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#ofcbf...RG0uiur0st:Ldc <=== Anaxagoras's specc *the mage in the vid*

However, I find scorch as your spam a little... meh. Idk I just don't like it. The real trick is to get to 35% or below and STAY there. You want to be throwing a Pyroblast every chance you get!

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#ofcbf...RG0uiurhst:LVm <=== A Fireball / Imp CS specc

I find this one to be a bit more traditional. Scorch spamming is iffy, as the damage is never too bursty. The whole thing with Scorch is just to procc Pyroblast. With fireball though, you at least have decent damage even if you don't crit. Still, Scorch's crit is 6% higher due to Incineration and Imp Scorch Debuff *which adds 11% when compared to the glyph of Fireball, which only adds 5%*. The whole point is just to procc insta pyros like i said earlier.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#ofcbf...RG0uiur0st:Ldc <=== Anaxagoras's specc *the mage in the vid*

However, I find scorch as your spam a little... meh. Idk I just don't like it. The real trick is to get to 35% or below and STAY there. You want to be throwing a Pyroblast every chance you get!

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#ofcbf...RG0uiurhst:LVm <=== A Fireball / Imp CS specc

I find this one to be a bit more traditional. Scorch spamming is iffy, as the damage is never too bursty. The whole thing with Scorch is just to procc Pyroblast. With fireball though, you at least have decent damage even if you don't crit. Still, Scorch's crit is 6% higher due to Incineration and Imp Scorch Debuff *which adds 11% when compared to the glyph of Fireball, which only adds 5%*. The whole point is just to procc insta pyros like i said earlier.
    Thanks...

Fire in BG's... Dude... what the fuck...

- guys dont send me in game money for my pro tips. send it to the guildbank insted, it's cool your fan boys but chill out on the whispers eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Karzul
    If you're so awesome, you'd know people like a challenge sometimes. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Karzul
    Whit BGs giving arena point in next expansion, we should try and get a weekly raid togetter kaz, and i know how much you hate when i beat you on the meters, so maybe you should start practising fire pwness in pvp aswell

Quote Originally Posted by GISP
    Whit BGs giving arena point in next expansion, we should try and get a weekly raid togetter kaz, and i know how much you hate when i beat you on the meters, so maybe you should start practising fire pwness in pvp aswell
    True

- guys dont send me in game money for my pro tips. send it to the guildbank insted, it's cool your fan boys but chill out on the whispers eh?

im loggong to do dailies kaz, feel free to join me, or atleast come on VT

Quote Originally Posted by Accuser.
    Damn it... and here I was thinking you were going to post about how interesting it would be to have fire in BGs a-la the Orgrimmar Arena...
    I wish there were fires in BGs/Arenas (Org again!) so I could go die in them!!!

Fire pvp could be awesome, but be prepared to be 2-3 globaled by rogues and geared melee, even with high resilience. Fire needs some defensive tweaks, like Blazing Speed and Fiery Payback as active CDs and not the rng crap that they are now. OR a fire specific absorb shield maybe. Mana shield untalented can do you more harm then help.

Try it, and decide if it's any good for you; it has it's own fun moments. You can combo down some other mages, PvE destro locks and ret pallies or low HP people. Oh, and Molten Shields can be extreme fun sometimes (Reflecting Chains of Ice, Chaos Bolt and Lava burst are my favourites).

Edit:
    Try something like this
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...1,UaQeRO,10747

5/5 in Fire Power instead of Molten Fury maybe.
    Take sheep glyph to get rid of your own dots.
    Icy Veins glyph can be useful against rogues.
    For third major I'd go with Evocation or ice armor glyph for more armor.

Minors cwould be the 2 ward glyphs and slow fall for BGs.

I would go more with a spec such as:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#ofcbf...RG0uiurMst:Ldm

The loss of Imp Counterspell is not that big, and we arent in seconds-saving decisions as much as in arena (where it may be more important), on the other hand, those Instant Flamestrike (Manaless with 3.3) are so goddamn awesome.

Molten Armor Glyph isnt that good in pvp because pvp gear doesnt have any Spirit on it, so the bonus crit is very low, and not as good as healing Evocation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.