Herb/Inscription or mining/jc for profit?

I have 2 alts and I can either go pure herb, pure mining, make herbs into cards/glyphs or make ore into gems.

Just to give you a reference average prices, on my server mining seams average competition and herbing almost zero.

Stack of 'bad' herbs - 15-16g
    Stack of 'good' herbs - 17-20g
    Stack on ink of the sea - 25-27g
    Snowfall ink - 12-13g
    Frost lotus - 50g
    Stack of saronite ore - 15g
    Stack of titanium - 240g
    Scarlet ruby - 42g
    Cardinal ruby - 150g

Which one do you think would get me the most profit?
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Re: Herb/Inscription or mining/jc for profit?

mining/jc

i'm going with alchemy/jc myself. xmute gems and then cut them. good money.

I think Alchemy pairs up better with herbalism than Inscription, but it mainly depends on your "money making play style".

Myself, I only periodically bother to try and earn any income. So Alchemy with the daily epic gem transmute and/or make a few flasks suits me. Spend 15 mins or so (assuming mats have been banked from my daily travels while doing other stuff) and earn a few hundred gold.

Inscription is terrible for sporadic money making. Cards are horribly hit an miss (i.e. getting worthless ones versus good ones) and the glyph market is usually highly saturated on my server. So spending 15 mins with inscription results in a whole bunch of unsold glyphs coming back in my mailbox (as a result of near instant undercutting) and next to zero profit. Maybe if you are the hardcore undercutter you can make money at it. I rarely do.

Also have alchemy on my main which I use to transmute gems with mastery, should I try to sell flasks even though im not a flask master?
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

JC/Enchanting is superior to mining/JC (unless you already have an enchanter of course). On most realms it is still the cheapest source of enchanting mats.

Inscription is an interesting case, and it is very realm dependent, specifically - very PVP dependent. Why? Because 90% of your glyphs are bought by people reglyphing between arena & raiding - particularly hybrids but also some cheapskate pures who didn't pay for dual-spec.

If your realm has a lot of PvP you may make a lot from inscription, if not you may find that even the rarer glyphs are selling for barely more than cost.