Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Dimishing returns on Mana Burn / Dispell?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeforums
    explain plx
    Beacon of Light your partner then stand behind a pillar and spam heal yourself if need be. Pop out to throw out a cleanse or BoF or something as needed. It is one way to stay LoS of a priest trying to mana burn you. Just watch for your partner getting their BoL dispelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Jariel
    Beacon of Light your partner then stand behind a pillar and spam heal yourself if need be. Pop out to throw out a cleanse or BoF or something as needed. It is one way to stay LoS of a priest trying to mana burn you. Just watch for your partner getting their BoL dispelled.
    but what if the priest is REALLY GOOD and mashes dispell then fears you when you try to put it on then burns 30% of your mana and repeats every time fear is up then what?

BoL is dispelled instantly and you just wasted 1100 mana. LoS the priest? I would, but 90% of my heals require me to stay in LoS of my partner to keep him up... no HoTs or no-CD CC for me. Plea a lot? Same situation, I can LoS the priest for a bit, but have to stand and heal my partner after... eating a MB or two in the process.

EDIT:

Oh, I should add: MB/dispel is the reason I'm 2k rated as prot-healing/DK :- P

you cant heal out LoS even with BoL, beacon also needs you to be in LoS for them to receive heals
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

10+ Year Old Account

The only issue I have with mana drains, is the warlock's drain mana. I play disc priest in 2v2 and 3v3, and against a priest, I can just come out of hiding, land a heal or two, and get back in safety before his MB is cast.

Against a warlock - at least afflis, destros usually don't drain me - if I step out, I get a drain mana immediately if I'm in range, and you can be damn sure I will be, unless the warlock is terrible. Even if I go back hiding, the drain continues until the channel ends or I run out of range.

I'm empty pretty darn fast.

Despite that, I think drains are fine as they are now.

I'd love to see offensive dispels having a cooldown. I can live with drains, but spammable dispels are very annoying, e.g. while I'm playing a mage.