a little too much?

i am currently demo specced and i have noticed that my crit rating is a lot higher than most locks and my haste is extremely low =/
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Ganis&n=Versca
    any opinions on if i have too much crit? if so how do i fix my gear to improve my haste?

Re: a little too much?

Drop some hit gems for haste/sp, use spell stone instead of fire stone till you reach 400 haste...farm normal 5man toc for abysall rune. Crit is nice as demonology since fg is a big part of your dps.

Your demo spec is wierd. You have 17% hit from gear but you specced into suppression anyway and you took imp health funnel and 1/3 demonic resilience but skipped molten core and decimation. Your gems are wierd. You have a bunch of hit gems and spirit gems and even an intellect gem but not a single spellpower gem. This has to be a troll, nobody is this bad unless they do it on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Merckx
    Your demo spec is wierd. You have 17% hit from gear but you specced into suppression anyway and you took imp health funnel and 1/3 demonic resilience but skipped molten core and decimation. Your gems are wierd. You have a bunch of hit gems and spirit gems and even an intellect gem but not a single spellpower gem. This has to be a troll, nobody is this bad unless they do it on purpose.
    They could just not know...don't look at it from an elitist view..he could have dusted his lock off and started playing it again---which is very common.

Quote Originally Posted by zuxia
    They could just not know...don't look at it from an elitist view..he could have dusted his lock off and started playing it again---which is very common.
    Even so, they should know what to do with gems... Pure dmg, or dmg+something (in this case, haste). Also, you're exalted with required factions to get helm enchant, do so, also even though you're not exalted with hodir, get the 23dmg/15resil from stonekeeper shards.

Going over your pieces as others have already mentioned some of it.

Head - You are exalted with Kirin'tor and should have the head enchant. Replace the 16 spi gem with 23 sp. You should never gem for spirit. You will need 2 blue gems for your meta they should be the purified gem which is sp/spi. You can also use the purified gems if the socket bonus is 7sp.

Shoulder's, as Pocari mentioned; you should at least get the PVP enchant until you hit exalted with Hodir or even the Hodir revered enchant. You are at 20% hit now with talents. If you have the right raid makeup(spriets or boomkin)you need 14% so you should start replacing some of your hit gems. Since the socket bonus on your shoulders is SP and you are low on haste it may be a good idea to gem them with a reckless ametrine which is 12sp 10 haste.

Chest - 250 mana enchant is not very useful for a lock. +8 stats is a cheap and easy replacement. +10 stats even better. Some say +16 spirit to chest is the best enchant for a lock(Fallenman), but I am not sure. If you want to keep your +20 hit gem you should at least replace the +16 hit with a +23 sp and get the socket bonus. Again, since you are in good shape hit wise you should start replacing some of this hit gems with sp/hit or sp/haste gems.

Main hand - You should not gem for int. Replace the int gem with 23sp. Abyssal's are cheap these days due to reg toc farming. You should really replace the +50 sp enchant with the +63 sp enchant.

Hands - may want to replace the hit gem with sp/hit, sp/haste, or pure sp. Again, keeping in mind 14% or 17% hit depending on your raid.

Belt - I always like to use the belt buckle socket to satisfy one of the Blue requirements for the meta. Purified twilight opal - 12sp 10spi the gem of choice.

Pants - Replace the 16 spi gem with Purified Twilight opal - 12sp -10 spi. If you have changed your belt buckle to the purified twilight opal you will now meet your meta requirement. Keep or adjust the yellow depending up your hit after making other changes.

Merckx sounded right on your talents, though I have not played demo. It does seem like you are missing out on some of the core dps talents of that build.

I know you really did not ask for any of that, but to answer your original question you should work some more haste into your gear. Abyssal rune as Zuxia mentioned should be easy to get, although it took me 4 months. Disguise of the Kumiho(conquest badge cloak) might be a nice replacement for your current cloak to trade some crit for haste. Band of the invoker(triumph badge ring) to replace your emerald signet ring would give you a haste boost.

Hope that was helpful, gl/hf

Quote Originally Posted by zuxia
    I am not looking at this from and elitist point of view, I am looking at it from a common sense point of view. Throw a rock at the internet and you will hit a site telling you how to gear your warlock - the information is everywhere and none of it says that gemming for 3% over the hit cap is good and none of it says that gemming for spirit is good and none of it says that gemming for intellect is good.

You apparently have decided that it is your mission to defend the poor casual players from big mean elitists like me. That's cool, but make sure that you can distinguish between casual players and bad players. Casual players ought to be defended, bad players need help to not be bad anymore. The first step to recovery is admitting that they are bad.

I am not looking at this from and elitist point of view, I am looking at it from a common sense point of view. Throw a rock at the internet and you will hit a site telling you how to gear your warlock - the information is everywhere and none of it says that gemming for 3% over the hit cap is good and none of it says that gemming for spirit is good and none of it says that gemming for intellect is good.

You apparently have decided that it is your mission to defend the poor casual players from big mean elitists like me. That's cool, but make sure that you can distinguish between casual players and bad players. Casual players ought to be defended, bad players need help to not be bad anymore. The first step to recovery is admitting that they are bad.
    Whether they are casual or bad is irrelevant...both desire help to be better and lack of knowledge does not equal bad. Alot of people come to here because others sent them here for some good advice whether or not they made good choices in the past.

The first step to recovery is admitting that they are bad.
    I love this single line, why...because it is true.
    Destro crits are such a gamble for aggro sometimes....I find myself always saying, "Big crits no wammies...BIG CRITS NO WAMMIES"

A little question to start off with:
    Seeing that you have equipped only "pure" sockets (yellow and blue), I have to ask: Do you know that an orange socket counts as yellow AND red, a green one as yellow AND blue, and a violet one as red AND blue? (I don't mean to offend anyone but I had to tell that to several players now)
    So, if you have a meta-socket that requires 2 blue sockets, you can just as easily gem green ones or violet ones (violet ones being the "right" choice as a warlock, see below).

Just to recap the things already mentioned and to maybe put it a bit further:

Don't worry about your crit-value. Crit is desirable, but it comes with equipment, whether you like it or not. I myself play a demo warlock and have around 33% crit unbuffed without equipping specific crit-items or gemming for them. Due to the demo-talent Demonic Tactics you don't have to start thinking about crit anyway.

You should rather substitute your Hit for Haste.

As many voices already shouted: gem Spellpower rather than anything else. But remember: you need 2 blue sockets for your Meta (gem purified 12 SP + 10 Spi) and in yellow socket spaces you can (depending on the socket bonus and your personal taste) gem reckles 12 SP + 10 Haste). Every other socket, where the bonus is not 7 SP or more, is to be filled with 23 SP gems.
    Enchantments have been mentioned.

Talentwise, you might wanna come up with something like: Standard Demo Raid Spec (or at least I think it is). Since you don't lack hit at all, you should be just fine with this spec. If, however, you never have a moonkin/shadowpriest in your raid, you might want to consider getting hold of a trinket or another piece of equipment that provides a bit hit to make up for that (and please please please: if you swap trinkets, stay with the spider-thingy and swap the sundial for the other trinket...who cares for crit if you can have SP ).

So, to sum it up:

You have:
    - too much hit
    - too little haste
    - missing enchants
    - "wrong" sockets
    - "weird" talents

Did I forget anything?

P.S.: If I have written something completely confusing or wrong, feel free to correct me. I am not omniscient, even though I am a gnome