Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What's the end all, be all Arcane spec to summarize all the threads below!

What's the end all, be all, Arcane spec for all current raids. Current raids are all ToC's and lets say Ulduar for those that are still progressing through it.

It would be great to just have link to the spec and maybe a word or two as to why you chose it, but really, I want to end the IA, MA, Inceneration, AC, Frost Warding, etc... talent talk and make a decision on which spec gives you the most DPS. Mage's need to know how to survive and that's what healers are for. Mages are here to top DPS charts so survivability isn't a top priority in these specs (although a plus of course).

So what is it fellow mages?

Re: What's the end all, be all Arcane spec to summarize all the threads below!

There is no best, it varies depending on your gear/raid comp/playstyle/etc

Arcane is for retards. go fire like the rest of the pro's!

- guys dont send me in game money for my pro tips. send it to the guildbank insted, it's cool your fan boys but chill out on the whispers eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacheris
    There is no best, it varies depending on your gear/raid comp/playstyle/etc
    This. Your hit talents will depend on your gear, your survivability talents will depend on your raid/ability to stay alive and even the type of encounter you may or may not be having trouble with. There is no "end all" spec. With that said, I have been using the spec on my armory for quite some time now and have no problem topping charts while having a comfortable amount of survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Karzul
    lol.

Enouch cents to make a dollar:

Stop publishing new nonsense topics about what's the best build. We all know it's Arcane, concidering you have the skill and gear, with Fire as its second. This is the best spec in terms of outputting damage. Personally I don't use that. I have both Arcane Barrage and Slow cause they fit in my play style.

None of this should be discussed under any circumstances, unless changes are coming up. I much despise people for saying "/thread" cause they think they're awesome, but it would be appropriate.

I would have to say

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

this is the spec I use and I can personally say its atm best dps spec Iv used. Spent hours with diffrent specs and diffrent talets and atm that is the best dps spec (on heroic dummy).

But its been said before its about your playstile. If you like fire its almost as good as arcane (lesser dps but better for multi target fights that will be many in ICC).
    Apocalypsee 80 Gnome Mage Arcane!!!!

My Mage. Check and feel envy!

Quote Originally Posted by Herrbrun
    Enouch cents to make a dollar:

Stop publishing new nonsense topics about what's the best build. We all know it's Arcane, concidering you have the skill and gear, with Fire as its second. This is the best spec in terms of outputting damage. Personally I don't use that. I have both Arcane Barrage and Slow cause they fit in my play style.

None of this should be discussed under any circumstances, unless changes are coming up. I much despise people for saying "/thread" cause they think they're awesome, but it would be appropriate.
    Imp Counterspell being the #1 damage increase in the Arcane tree ofc. Also you cant spam AB so what do you do if you are very unlucky with MB procs?
    Winds of Creation, Daggerspine eu (8/8 25hc) is recruiting. Visit our webpage for more info.

Thanks for a sig quote. just need to choose which to erase :O
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypsee
    I would have to say

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

this is the spec I use and I can personally say its atm best dps spec Iv used. Spent hours with diffrent specs and diffrent talets and atm that is the best dps spec (on heroic dummy).

But its been said before its about your playstile. If you like fire its almost as good as arcane (lesser dps but better for multi target fights that will be many in ICC).
    Any reason you decided 1/3 SoTM is better than filling out Arcane Mind? 3% int > 4% spirit. By Far. Imp counterspell? What the hell does that have to do with dps? Barrage, fine, there are some that forego this talent (I do not). 3/3 IA is debatable as well, most can agree that 2/3 is sufficient. Heroic dummy dps doesn't mean much for us either.

How are so many people this daft and yet fail to realize it?

Quote Originally Posted by Prostatus
    Any reason you decided 1/3 SoTM is better than filling out Arcane Mind? 3% int > 4% spirit. By Far. Imp counterspell? What the hell does that have to do with dps? Barrage, fine, there are some that forego this talent (I do not). 3/3 IA is debatable as well, most can agree that 2/3 is sufficient. Heroic dummy dps doesn't mean much for us either.

How are so many people this daft and yet fail to realize it?
    I tend to not assume intelligence from people who say things such as "playstile."

inc "grammar police" comment.

omg thats spec doesnt have Incanters Absorbtion? for a ToC/ToGC raider thats a bloody joke. You lose out massivlely.

And a proper geared Mage has no Mana issues so why the Mana talents!!.

This is the Best DPS spec for a Mage in proper gear in ToC+.

Thanks to the fight having little movement you dont need to worry about Magic Attunement.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...oBR4DwX,,10747
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Mage, Druid, DK & Shaman,

Giving up arcane meditation is like giving up 7500 mana (for me) over the course of a 5 minute fight.

And instead of this mana you've taken 100% increased frost critical strike damage. Which is situational at best.

And 3/3 Student of the Mind, which is effectively 1% Crit rating.

I'm going to have to disagree with you.

Frost critical strike? u tit thats to get to IV as i dont (and a geared mage doesnt) need Precision.

As for Arcane Meditation in ToC there are plently of times to Envocate WITHOUT it effecting your DPS. IE phase switch on Anub and Beasts! And with Warding returning Mana in 1st, 2nd and 4th fights you never need Envocate anyway.

The only variation I could accept is Magic Absorbtion 2 points going to Arcane Concentration (making 5) and Magic Attunement for a little extra, but not needed in ToC, range.

Learn to Ward properly and you will make far more that 7500 Mana. Infact in some fights (again 1st, second and thrd in ToC, Ignis and Hodir and so on) it makes you mana seems completly Endless!.

So you think a worthless talent is better than the 3% mana reduction precision also offers?

The thing about warding returning mana is that it's a gamble. It might work. It might not. If it doesn't work, and if you don't get targeted, it's a dps loss.

You keep casting your wards for mana, just know that while you're on GCDs every thirty secs I'm blowing shit up, and I still have the SP buff from priest shields absorbing damage.

My mom could do 7000 dps as arcane blindfolded with her hands tied behind her back only using her face to roll across the keyboard. get your shit together people and go Fire.

- guys dont send me in game money for my pro tips. send it to the guildbank insted, it's cool your fan boys but chill out on the whispers eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacheris
    So you think a worthless talent is better than the 3% mana reduction precision also offers?

The thing about warding returning mana is that it's a gamble. It might work. It might not. If it doesn't work, and if you don't get targeted, it's a dps loss.

You keep casting your wards for mana, just know that while you're on GCDs every thirty secs I'm blowing shit up, and I still have the SP buff from priest shields absorbing damage.
    OMG. Ill break it down for ya!!

Beasts.
    You cast Fire Ward in Beasts just before pull. You start pew pew!!! A fire spawms under you!! IA means you gain Spell Power!! LOTS. And Wardning means you get a good chance to get Mana Back!! AND YOUR HEALERS DONT HAVE TO HEAL YOU AS MUCH!!! You reset You ward and repeat. On last phase you use Frost Ward. Second Phase Fire Ward. As WORST you lose a little DPS. At best you Gain SP, Mana and Save your Healers some work!!!

Jaxx.
    Both Debuffs ate Fire based. As well as Infernal Damage! IF your healers fail on Healing Debuff as soon as you see it Explide Cast Ward. SP, Mana (perhaps) and again less healing!! If you get Legion Flame cast Ward before while moving. SP gain with No DPS loss!!

Twins.
    Stay on Dark side and guess what you are taking CONSTANT!!! FIRE DAMAGE!!. Need I go on?

And as for Precision and its 3% mana? You save your 3% mana while decent mages TROUNCE you in the Damage Done while doing a better job and saving the healers work.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

win
    Quote Originally Posted by tremors
    Divine Shield.. Never really stood the hole point of the "oh look at me im in a shiny bubble" I mean come on what does that shit even do?! Pointless waist of mana imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowz
    win
    go away Troll. its not WIN its wrong. ToGC Anub is oneof the only fights Fire should be used and most use FFB not the TTW spec that tit is propably talking about.

Im done feeding the mugs and trolls for today....Im going to watch some interesting paint dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikki
    OMG. Ill break it down for ya!!

Beasts.
    You cast Fire Ward in Beasts just before pull. You start pew pew!!! A fire spawms under you!! IA means you gain Spell Power!! LOTS. And Wardning means you get a good chance to get Mana Back!! AND YOUR HEALERS DONT HAVE TO HEAL YOU AS MUCH!!! You reset You ward and repeat. On last phase you use Frost Ward. Second Phase Fire Ward. As WORST you lose a little DPS. At best you Gain SP, Mana and Save your Healers some work!!!

Jaxx.
    Both Debuffs ate Fire based. As well as Infernal Damage! IF your healers fail on Healing Debuff as soon as you see it Explide Cast Ward. SP, Mana (perhaps) and again less healing!! If you get Legion Flame cast Ward before while moving. SP gain with No DPS loss!!

Twins.
    Stay on Dark side and guess what you are taking CONSTANT!!! FIRE DAMAGE!!. Need I go on?

And as for Precision and its 3% mana? You save your 3% mana while decent mages TROUNCE you in the Damage Done while doing a better job and saving the healers work.

Similarly.

I have gone entire ToC 10/25 Toc 10HC raids on beasts without getting fire damage or frost damage at all.

Now, i have just wasted 16% of base mana * 10/15 depending on fight duration keeping wards up for no reason.

Fire Ward Absorbs 1125 Fire damage - congratulations you just saved a healer 1/4 of a heal - MAYBE.

Jaraxxus, has fire damage granted, but at most its 5% of your health. My mage gear now provides me with 17k HP so about 800 Spell Damage, assuming I get hit almost constantly throughout the fight and max out IA. But unfortunately, cloth dont work for tanking.

A mages job, like all ranged is to stay out of damage so healers arnt working overtime. It is to exploit range to avoid getting hit at all.

Twins - the only fight where IA comes in handy, and it is only this fight. Also, if i see one more person with Magic Absorption I am going to cry. It resists, it does not absorb, absorb actually procs IA not resist.

Anub, debatable there is any plus either way.

Some people will say Student of the mind is useless, well i will take my spirit for Mana Regen and Molten Armor any day over a chance SP increase.

In answer to the first post.

Take a default build online, or from anyone here and play it. Then if you arnt happy change. There is no be all end all arcane spec. It is all personal preference.